PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas to help beat Tampa

1st and Goal--
09-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Let Redzone Redman play a bit more.

I found something called a Participation Chart. The following numbers amazed me.

Redzone was on the field for l8 of 54 plays. [Regulation]

RZ and RM were on the field together for 12 plays.

RM ran for 67 yards net. 23 carries.

RM ran the ball 8 times with RZ. 51yds net. 1Q 3,10,20 2Q 2, -1, 3Q 5, 7 4Q 5
I guess he gained l6 yards on the other l5 carries. [Regulation]

This was probably just a coincidence, but Isaac Redzone Redman was also on the field when Dixon ran for 21 yards and I think he actually led the blocking on a designed run when DD got 7 yards.

Considering the Steelers only totaled 106 yds rushing very little was done when RZ was not on the field. Like I said, that was probably just a coincidence. I don't know where he was at while the Steelers were picking up their 21 yards passing. He did catch a pass for 3 yards I recall.

Give this a little thought. RZ was on the field for about 70% of the Steelers Offensive production. Like I said just a coincidence.

Oh also maybe let Hills watch. He really had an off day last week.

RuthlessBurgher
09-26-2010, 12:42 AM

Hills likely won't even dress this week, since we typically only have 7 OL active on gameday. With Starks and Adams healthy, they will likely have Jon Scott as the backup OT. With Legursky starting in place of Essex, Ramon Foster will be the back-up on the interior line (Foster doesn't play center, so if anything happened to Pouncey, then Legursky would move over and Foster would step in at RG).

1st and Goal--
09-26-2010, 06:04 AM

Hills likely won't even dress this week, since we typically only have 7 OL active on gameday. With Starks and Adams healthy, they will likely have Jon Scott as the backup OT. With Legursky starting in place of Essex, Ramon Foster will be the back-up on the interior line (Foster doesn't play center, so if anything happened to Pouncey, then Legursky would move over and Foster would step in at RG).

What I was trying to do was call attention to the fact that Redman's blocking in the Titan game was superb. There were probably not a whole lot of Offensive Steeler highlights in the game, but the fact that Mendenhall averaged over 6 yds per carry when RZ was in the game got lost in this weeks post analysis of the game. Maybe the Steelers have come up with yet another bonafide weapon here.

Oh yeah, more than likely Hills will watch, errr I mean be deactivated.

SteelAbility
09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
I think you forgot to mention Charlie Batch as a really good idea to beat TB.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

:D :D :D :D :D

1st and Goal--
09-26-2010, 06:47 PM
I think you forgot to mention Charlie Batch as a really good idea to beat TB.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

:D :D :D :D :D

Yeah I know, it sort of slipped my mind. posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=169234# (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=169234#)

However, the Steelers did run the ball extremely well. They ran for 201 yards net. Mendenhall had l43 on 19 carries and Redman chipped in 31 on 6 carries.

The Steelers OL did not give up a sack in this game. Hills was not active. Last week in a handfull of plays Batch was sacked, fumbled, and pressured several times.posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=169234# (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=169234#)

Actually, I was expecting others to contribute some winning ideas. Like maybe "Why not have Brett Keisel intercept a pass and return it for a TD" LOL

It would be nice if Charlie Batch stays hot for the Baltimore game next week.