PDA

View Full Version : Buc's S Tanard Jackson suspended

steelblood
09-23-2010, 07:25 AM
...for one year.

Barring some strange appeal, that should keep him out for our game. He is a good player in pass coverage and run D. He had 5 picks last season and had 13 tackles in their first 2 games this season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 44,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12118_6394844,00.html)

JTP53609
09-23-2010, 08:46 AM
gitty up

Oviedo
09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
I heard rookie Cody Grimm (The eternal HC interviewee's kid) is the back up. Too bad Ben isn't playing. Maybe Charlie can slip a few deep ones to Wallace.

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
I heard rookie Cody Grimm (The eternal HC interviewee's kid) is the back up. Too bad Ben isn't playing. Maybe Charlie can slip a few deep ones to Wallace.

Your Dad is a Hog, and you are a safety? How does that work? It's similar to when I found out that New England had drafted Jackie Slater's kid a few years ago as a kick returner. :?

Slapstick
09-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Tanard Jackson out for violating a policy?

Bummer... :lol:

JTP53609
09-23-2010, 10:29 AM

Your Dad is a Hog, and you are a safety? How does that work? It's similar to when I found out that New England had drafted Jackie Slater's kid a few years ago as a kick returner. :?

Its like an italian immigrant coming off the boat and craving a german food..

Oviedo
09-23-2010, 10:30 AM

Small, thin women will marry big fat guys if they have money. Genetics take over from there.

MeetJoeGreene
09-23-2010, 11:41 AM

Small, thin women will marry big fat guys if they have money. Genetics take over from there.
$$$$$$$$$$

phillyesq
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM

:Clap :Clap :Clap

papillon
09-23-2010, 12:43 PM

Russ Grimm played football against our high school back in the day and he was a 190 pound linebacker and quarterback (As an aside, Dave Trout was on that team and kicked a 48 yarder to beat us one year). Grimm came to Pitt as a linebacker prospect and the offensive line coach converted him to an offensive lineman (At Jackie Sherrill's request as he mentioned in his induction speech). The weight he put on in college was not genetic; it was added through weight training and diet. The mother of his children was a good looking woman and one of Pitt's Golden Girls in the late 70s and early 80s.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Russ Grimm played football against our high school back in the day and he was a 190 pound linebacker and quarterback (As an aside, Dave Trout was on that team and kicked a 48 yarder to beat us one year). Grimm came to Pitt as a linebacker prospect and the offensive line coach converted him to an offensive lineman (At Jackie Sherrill's request as he mentioned in his induction speech). The weight he put on in college was not genetic; it was added through weight training and diet. The mother of his children was a good looking woman and one of Pitt's Golden Girls in the late 70s and early 80s.

Pappy

Which one?

http://www.techchuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/the-golden-girls.jpg

:P

BradshawsHairdresser
09-23-2010, 08:16 PM

Pappy

Which one?

http://www.techchuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/the-golden-girls.jpg

:P
Pretty sure the one on the right is still alive...saw her on SNL not too long ago, and on Jay Leno last night... :lol:

Chadman
09-23-2010, 08:17 PM
And Pap would know- he's VERY old...

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2010, 08:19 PM

Does that make him our Golden Boy? :wink:

sentinel33
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Batch should be able to take advantage of the safety void in Tampa's secondary. cadillac doesnt scare me at all. he's certainly no Turner, not to mention cj. And despite how hard Freeman practices and studies film, what happened to V young will happen to him. steelers win 24-13.

Sugar
09-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Batch should be able to take advantage of the safety void in Tampa's secondary. cadillac doesnt scare me at all. he's certainly no Turner, not to mention cj. And despite how hard Freeman practices and studies film, what happened to V young will happen to him. steelers win 24-13.

Um, where are those 24 points going to come from? I might see a TD from the D or ST's and then possibly we'll actually get a TD from the O, but I'm not seeing this O putting up anything substantial. That said, the D might not allow 13 either. :tt2

sentinel33
09-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Ward missed a TD catch. Wallace had one but was called back. While Dennis is athletic and leftwhich is an experienced veteran who has been around the league a bit, Batch has been with the team longer than both of there tenures put together. Batch is a jack of all trades, and quite fragile. If he can survive, Batch has the command of this offense to do some damage. Mendenhall gets his second TD of the year and Batch silences the doubters with two of his own. Remember the title of this thread, Author. only plays into Batch's favor. A nod from the gods if you will. I repeat - 24-13 Steelers over Buccaneers.

papillon
09-25-2010, 11:54 PM

Watch it my Aussir friend or I'll beat you with my cane and then run you over with my Hoverround. :P

Pappy