PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to wear black in Tampa

fordfixer
09-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Steelers to wear black in Tampa
September 22nd, 2010
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the- ... ox+Blog%29 (http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/09/22/steelers-to-wear-black-in-tampa/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29)

Here are some tidbits from the Steelers

-- As expected, the Steelers will be the men in black Sunday in Tampa Bay. Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris said during a conference call Wednesday that Tampa Bay will wear its home (white) jerseys for the 1 p.m. game.

He downplayed the effect that the heat will have on the Steelers even though they had dehydration issues last Sunday in Tennessee -- and the black jerseys they will again have to wear.

“I don’t know if you can use psychological warfare on a team like the Pittsburgh Steelers,” Morris said. “You’re talking about a mentally tough team that’s out there with their head coach that’s also mentally tough, and I don’t think he’s going to let little things like that that affect him.”

-- Morris had nothing but good things to say about Byron Leftwich, whom he benched last season after the Buccaneers got off to an 0-3 start.

Leftwich eventually gave way at quarterback to rookie Josh Freeman, a first-round draft pick in 2009. Morris said Leftwich mentored Freeman, who will start against the Steelers, even after he lost his starting job.

“He really gave us great direction in the beginning. He taught Freeman how to become a quarterback, how to lead as a quarterback, how to prepare,” Morris said. “It just so happens the success of the team didn’t happen right away as far as his leadership and being under his control. And a lot things play into that. Always the first person to get the blame would be the quarterback and the head coach is next.

“He’s a great guy. He’s got that Magic Johnson-like smile that everybody loves, and he lights up a room. He was a pleasure to be around for a year for me.”

-- The Steelers have re-signed defensive tackle Steve McLendon to their practice squad. Also, outside linebacker James Harrison has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Harrison had 11 tackles and two sacks in the Steelers’ demolition of the Titans. He also forced two fumbles and recovered a fumble in the Steelers’ 19-11 win.

Crash
09-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Good....the last time we wore black in Tampa we beat them too.

jj28west
09-23-2010, 06:53 AM
OK,

Maybe I am a bit critical but the weather stated it was going to be hot and humid. Isnt there a protocol for these guys that they could have been given to reduce the downtime that occured with several key players? I dont know but to me there should have been more monitoring. Ive seen college teams prepare for this but maybe the players being treated as grown men were saying that they were drinking fluids when they were not.
Luckliy it did not play too much of a factor.

Oviedo
09-23-2010, 07:17 AM

We are more intimidating in black. The white jerseys look whimpy.

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2010, 06:10 PM

We are more intimidating in black. The white jerseys look whimpy.

The last time we wore white in Tampa we won the Super Bowl. :tt2 :Steel :tt1

frankthetank1
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
i thought tampa's usual home jerseys were the red ones?

AngryAsian
09-23-2010, 11:36 PM
89 degrees with scattered thunderstorms is the forcast. I hope its hot and raining, I can't wait!!!! Look for me on the pirate ship.