PDA

View Full Version : K. Faulk Out for the Year

Discipline of Steel
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
This does not bode well for the *s.......he always bailed them out on 3rd down, now they are down to just Welker.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... aulkinjury (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriots-faulkinjury)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—New England running back Kevin Faulk(notes) says he’ll miss the rest of the Patriots’ season with a torn knee ligament.

Faulk said Wednesday that he will undergo surgery for the injury to his right knee. He hurt his anterior cruciate ligament in Sunday’s 28-14 loss at the New York Jets.

Faulk is an offensive captain and the longest-tenured player on the Patriots. He has been a valuable player as a passing threat, blocker and runner. He also has been an outstanding punt returner.

His loss leaves the Patriots with four running backs, Fred Taylor(notes), Sammy Morris(notes), BenJarvus Green-Ellis(notes) and Danny Woodhead(notes).

jj28west
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM
He has been a third down killer for years. He was almost automatic it seemed. Looking at what they have left I see alot of visits or even trade talk.

SteelAbility
09-22-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm ashamed yet glad to say this makes me pretty happy. :D :oops:

Chadman
09-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, Chadman is torn on this one- 1 Patriot down, but a member of Chadman's FF team...hmmmm......well, we can always grab another 3rd down RB...

Discipline of Steel
09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, Chadman is torn on this one- 1 Patriot down, but a member of Chadman's FF team...hmmmm......well, we can always grab another 3rd down RB...

Im sorry but why would you have a patriot on your FF team? Thats too illogical for me, I want them to LOSE period. Punto.

Djfan
09-23-2010, 02:21 PM

Im sorry but why would you have a patriot on your FF team? Thats too illogical for me, I want them to LOSE period. Punto.

This is why I could NEVER play FF. I would have to take penicilin after cheering for ANY * play well, or a Bungal, or a Ratbird, .....

phillyesq
09-23-2010, 02:38 PM

This is why I could NEVER play FF. I would have to take penicilin after cheering for ANY * play well, or a Bungal, or a Ratbird, .....

You just have to root for the Steelers and real football regardless of fantasy implications, and all is well.

In the league I run, we have individual defensive players. I had Silverback and Timmons going against Chris Johnson. Those two shut down CJ, carried the day, and I won. The very rare game in which fantasy meets reality.

In my other league, I own CJ. I rooted for the Steelers to shut him down, they did, and the rest of my guys carried the team to victory.

Moral of the story: always root for the Steelers, no matter what. :tt2 :tt2

rpmpit
09-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm ashamed yet glad to say this makes me pretty happy. :D :oops:

Also ashamed to say I agree. Never like to see an injury, but so hard for me to feel any sympathy for that garbage organization.