PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Run D Not Good So Far

SteelAbility
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Given up about 105 yds/game and 4.0 YPC

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2010&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go)

ikestops85
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
It doesn't matter what type of year the Ravens D is having. When they play us it is almost always a war. We never seem to have much success running the ball against them. Willie was always shut down against them and so was Mendy last year.

I just hope that whoever is QBing for us against them in week 4 hits a couple of big plays. If not then I think we are in for a rough game against them. The defense won't just have to prevent them from scoring but will have to put points on the board for us as well.

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2010, 12:43 PM
I look forward to Leftwich-to-Wallace bombs in week 4 against Baltimore to take advantage of the lack of Ed Reed back there and the Ravens' sub-par corners. Just need to make sure that the O-line is able to block for the 1.7 seconds it takes for Mike Wallace to get deep downfield. :P

SteelAbility
09-22-2010, 03:47 PM
It doesn't matter what type of year the Ravens D is having. When they play us it is almost always a war. We never seem to have much success running the ball against them. Willie was always shut down against them and so was Mendy last year.

I just hope that whoever is QBing for us against them in week 4 hits a couple of big plays. If not then I think we are in for a rough game against them. The defense won't just have to prevent them from scoring but will have to put points on the board for us as well.

It must be that they match up well in the running game. That, or they can read BA like a book. :stirpot

SteelAbility
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I look forward to Leftwich-to-Wallace bombs in week 4 against Baltimore to take advantage of the lack of Ed Reed back there and the Ravens' sub-par corners. Just need to make sure that the O-line is able to block for the 1.7 seconds it takes for Mike Wallace to get deep downfield. :P

If we can get the W at Tampa without Lefty that would be HUGE. Then Lefty can be fully healthy for Baltimore. I thought it took Wallace 1.6 seconds to get deep. He must be losing a step. :P