PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fisher: Refs blew 2 calls in Steelers game

SteelCrazy
09-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said the Steelers got away with at least a couple of penalties on Sunday.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison should have been flagged for body-slamming quarterback Vince Young in the third quarter, according to Fisher.

"You say if that happened to (Tom) Brady or that happened to so-and-so or so-and-so there would have been seven flags on the field," Fisher said. "Why wasn't there one yesterday? I don't know. Maybe it was the heat."

Fisher also said that Steelers safety Troy Polamalu should have been penalized near the end of the game when he jumped over offensive linemen to tackle quarterback Kerry Collins for a 1-yard loss.

"As long as you're not in the neutral zone or over the neutral zone when the ball is snapped it is OK," Fisher said. "(But) there is no way he was not in the neutral zone."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100 ... 10356/2196 (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100921/SPORTS01/9210356/2196)

ramblinjim
09-22-2010, 08:45 AM
I watched and watched Troy timing that snap and it looked perfect to me. I just don't see him being offsides on that one. And they did score on the next freakin' play...

As for the non-call on the roughing the passer, I actually agree with them. If that had been Tom Brady or Payton Manning that would have been a flag. You can't touch those guys or you get the call.

Not saying there should have been a flag but yeah, I agree with Coach Fisher, Brady and Manning (and probably Drew Brees) gets that call.

JTP53609
09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
so i guess that miraculous play by troy should of penalized making it first and goal for the 1 instead of first and goal from the 2.....HEY JEFF, you guys scored on that drive anyway, it was not really a game changer.....he should know better than that to make excuses....

Discipline of Steel
09-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Still doesnt change the fact that we kicked the crap out of CJ and VY.

JDSteeler
09-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Fisher is such a cry-baby!!!

He was also complaining to the refs about the Collins fumble, and was demonstrating
to the ref that his arm was going forward, when it clearly was not.

Hey Jeff, tell me how my A@@ tastes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

Slapstick
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Fisher is such a cry-baby!!!

He was also complaining to the refs about the Collins fumble, and was demonstrating
to the ref that his arm was going forward, when it clearly was not.

Hey Jeff, tell me how my A@@ tastes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

Actually, Collins was was going forward...

However, the rule states that the ball must be in control of that forward moving arm...

So, yes, the arm was going forward, but the ball had already been knocked out before that happened...unlike the non-fumble thrown by Matt Ryan in game 1, where he was clearly in control of the ball while moving the arm forward...

Fisher was complaining, but if he had a legitimate beef, he would have challenged the call...Coaches work the refs on the sideline...that's what they do...

Anything to get an edge...

Oviedo
09-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Time for Fisher to take a break from coaching. He is obviously losing it.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Amazing how the refs only blow calls one way. Without reviewing the tape I would hazard a guess that James Harrison was held at least once without a flag......stop watching through a one way mirror Jeffy.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Teams never lose just from getting their butts kicked anymore. Somehow the refs are the reason every team loses nowadays. Just ask the Ravens.

skyhawk
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I still think Mike Holmgren called Fisher after the Titans game.

Crash
09-22-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/ ... -Ref-Whine (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/2912-In-Honor-of-Jeff-Fisher-s-Ref-Whine)

Kid
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
he should be crying about the non PI call to nate weashington at the end of the game. we got away with one for sure. a huge one

skyhawk
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
he should be crying about the non PI call to nate weashington at the end of the game. we got away with one for sure. a huge one

nah.

ikestops85
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM

:Agree

I thought we got very lucky with that non-call.

cruzer8
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Deja vu? Wasn't there a thread on this already?

frankthetank1
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Time for Fisher to take a break from coaching. He is obviously losing it.

i agree. i loved the lions coach's response after week 1. when a coach like fisher or the walrus start crying about calls its time to hang it up. ive always thought fisher is overrated, now he looks foolish.

winwithd
09-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Wasn't the triple-suplex on VY on a 3rd and 12 play? The play resulted in a 12 yard loss. Even if they had thrown a flag there for roughing the passer, wouldn't it still have been 4th and 9. I don't think either of those 'non-calls' changed the outcome of the game. Troy's play was just amazing and I think he is jealous of us.

Crash
09-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Roughing the passer is a 1st down.

skyhawk
09-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Roughing the passer is a 1st down.

Automatically. + 15 yards.

SteelCrazy
09-22-2010, 06:31 PM

NO! and dont bring it up again! :twisted:

Flasteel
09-22-2010, 06:40 PM

I was thinking the same thing and went back looking for that Sports Science segment on Sunday Night football which showed Polamalu ON-sides by 1/10 of a second...or the speed of a lightning bolt.

SteelAbility
09-22-2010, 08:16 PM

Yep. strlz_d posted. Someone posted a video of the Troy leap over the LOS at the goal-line too.