PDA

View Full Version : heard chris hoke today..

JTP53609
09-21-2010, 08:11 PM
he was on some radio show I was listening to today on the way to the gym and he sounds like a really upstanding cool guy. He is very enthusiastic and down to earth. I was very impressed with him because he is well spoken and like i mentioned a very cool respectful person. To add to it, I am not a drinker and I liked at the end of his interview how he said he does not drink and he is telling everyone else on the team not to drink for dehydration purposes this week.

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
he was on some radio show I was listening to today on the way to the gym and he sounds like a really upstanding cool guy. He is very enthusiastic and down to earth. I was very impressed with him because he is well spoken and like i mentioned a very cool respectful person. To add to it, I am not a drinker and I liked at the end of his interview how he said he does not drink and he is telling everyone else on the team not to drink for dehydration purposes this week.

Heard him on the postgame show after Sunday;s win and thought much the same of hoke that you mentioned here.

Flasteel
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM

I think Hokey is a devout Mormon. The alcohol thing has something to do wih his faith, but he brings up a damn fine strategic point. The week before and after you dehydrate yourself to the limit would seem critical for restoring balance.

JTP53609
09-21-2010, 08:29 PM

I think Hokey is a devout Mormon. The alcohol thing has something to do wih his faith, but he brings up a damn fine strategic point. The week before and after you dehydrate yourself to the limit would seem critical for restoring balance.

Yea, I really like how he mentioned that, that is a sign of a great teammate who is respected. Drinking the week before a game that will be hot and humid is asking for problems, especially after we saw how they dealt with the heat last week..Hokey may of just landed on my favorite steelers list after just listening to him for 5 minutes, his play is outstanding too

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Yea, I really like how he mentioned that, that is a sign of a great teammate who is respected.

I think that this is a small but real difference between this team and most NFL teams. On most teams I think that back up NT would be just a few notches above "Drunken, Idiot Kicker" on the team hierarchy.

I don't think that Brandon McKinney is giving Ray Lewis advice on how to conduct himself during game week. Would Frostee Rucker even engage in conversation with Chad and T.O. long enough to pass on health tips?

We always hear about how Steeler vets take younger players under their wing even though they realize that they may be teaching them how to take their jobs away. That just shows the degree of cameraderie that exists on this team, and the reason why a mere backup can have such a loud voice within the locker room.

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Stat of the week: In games where Chris Hoke starts at NT, the Steelers' record is 15-1.

Mister Pittsburgh
09-22-2010, 04:00 AM
Hoke goes to my dentist here in Pittsburgh and every time I go in I ask about if he was in. The dentist has nothing but great things to say about Hoke. Class act indeed.

JTP53609
09-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Hoke goes to my dentist here in Pittsburgh and every time I go in I ask about if he was in. The dentist has nothing but great things to say about Hoke. Class act indeed.

I cant stand going to the dentist, but if Chris Hoke had my dentist I would not mind going as much, haha

Oviedo
09-22-2010, 09:25 AM
IIRC correctly Hoke took a hometown discount to stay in Pittsburgh when he signed his last contract versus chasing the dollars. Had nothing but great things to say about the city and the organization. Hopefully he keeps his roots planted here in town after he retires.

sentinel33
09-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Couldnt agree more. The dude is a class act. Smart man choosing championships over dollars. Dont care what religion he follows. As a person, i hear only good things. never bad. And his play on the field speaks for its self. Great stat regarding Pittsburghs record and him as a starter. This defense appears even sicker than the '08 defense. Scary. Probably even scarier for the other 31 teams in the league. Roll on Steelers! Roll on Pittsburgh!

SteelAbility
09-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Stat of the week: In games where Chris Hoke starts at NT, the Steelers' record is 15-1.

Yeah, who needs Ben? :wink: :P

Other than that, remember MSM? The outspoken one. Yeah, the one who was banned from this board ... Well he was always touting Hoke above Hampton. In fact I remember a "Hampton Sucks" (yes, in those words) post he made on the Trib board. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
09-22-2010, 12:38 PM
When attempting to replenish our aging d-line, we should look to the Rocky mountains where we round bargains in Aaron Smith (4th round, Northern Colorado), Brett Keisel (7th round, BYU), and Chris Hoke (UDFA, BYU).

fordfixer
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
When attempting to replenish our aging d-line, we should look to the Rocky mountains where we round bargains in Aaron Smith (4th round, Northern Colorado), Brett Keisel (7th round, BYU), and Chris Hoke (UDFA, BYU).

Brett "The Diesel" Keisel (born September 19, 1978 in Provo, Utah) is an American Football player who starts at defensive end for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Brett hails from Greybull, Wyoming. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1