PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin PC Sept 21st

steelblood
09-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Starks and Hampton on schedule to return.

Will not sign a 3rd QB.

Dixon is having surgery and will be re-evaluated after.

Essex has a sprained ankle and Legursky will replace him if he can't go.

Worilds and Sanders are recovering nicely.

Praised Sly and Brown for special teams play.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/st ... uccaneers/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/steelers-hc-mike-tomlin-press-conference-tuesday-september-21st-week-3-buccaneers/)

Eich
09-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Hard to believe Dixon needs knee surgery. On the play he got hurt, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary happen. You have to wonder if it was a freak thing that would've taken anyone's knee out or if he's just not durable.

The QB position for the Steelers is just crazy this year.

When we win the Super Bowl, it's going to be the most memorable season ever with Tomlin coach of the year and Ben Super Bowl MVP.

steelblood
09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Hard to believe Dixon needs knee surgery. On the play he got hurt, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary happen. You have to wonder if it was a freak thing that would've taken anyone's knee out or if he's just not durable.

When we win the Super Bowl, it's going to be the most memorable season ever with Tomlin coach of the year and Ben Super Bowl MVP.

I think it is the same knee he blew out in college. He said he injured it when he planted it awkwardly. It could be that his knee was never right. Hopefully, this surgery will correct that. But, his knee may never be right again.

Eich
09-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I think it is the same knee he blew out in college. He said he injured it when he planted it awkwardly. It could be that his knee was never right. Hopefully, this surgery will correct that. But, his knee may never be right again.

I see. We must have the most fragile set of good backup QB's around.

Charlie breaks bones at the drop of a hat
Byron sprains a knee before the season starts
Dixon sprains a knee without really being hit

Oviedo
09-21-2010, 01:27 PM

I see. We must have the most fragile set of good backup QB's around.

Charlie breaks bones at the drop of a hat
Byron sprains a knee before the season starts
Dixon sprains a knee without really being hit

Can't fault Byron. he took a hit is a game situation and it was not a break but a ligament strain. Charlie needs to drink more milk. Dennis needs to think about where he will be playing next year and it hopefully won't be here.

Northern_Blitz
09-21-2010, 02:11 PM

What it looks like doesn't really matter though. Remember when Maddox went down. Looked like nothing, but he couldn't feel his legs for days IIRC.