PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fischer

stlrz d
09-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Complained that if his QB were Tom Brady that they would have been flags for the sack and that there's no way Troy didn't have a neutral zone infraction on the flying tackle of Collins.

Re: the latter, apparently he didn't see the Sports Science segment at halftime of last night's game.

Re: the former, pretty obvious that when three guys hit your QB at the same time he's going to go down and he's going to go down hard.

Ghost
09-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Fischer has been a round too long for such nonsense. When your team is so thoroughly dominated and commits 7 turnovers you need to keep your mouth shut or you look like a complete douche.

D Rock
09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
[youtube:22svuxeo]2B564wOJx_U[/youtube:22svuxeo]

Northern_Blitz
09-21-2010, 09:05 AM
I think the SS showed that Troy was onside by a frame or so.

I agree that if it were Brady it would have been 15 yards. I think that the refs let stuff go for QBs who are more mobile that often break tackles. I know after games I've made similar complaints about hits on Ben. I suppose it's part of the downside of having a QB that makes playes with their feet as well as their arm.

D Rock
09-21-2010, 09:19 AM
you can see the ref in the background waiving his arms just about the time VY starts to get dropped.

They absolutely were going to call 'in the grasp' and try to avoid injury.

It just so happened that Harrison already had plans against waiting for an 'in the grasp' ruling and his motion was already started when the ref began to blow the play dead. You can't reasonably expect anything except the completion of that motion, especially when three defenders are involved.

If Fischer doesn't like what happened, he should take it up with his O-Line. They didn't seem to be interested in preventing it from happening by actually blocking on the play, or even sticking up for their QB after it happened.

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2010, 09:41 AM
It didn't sound so much like Fisher wasn't happy with what happened to VY as much as he is unhappy about the double standard with how every QB outside of Manning and Brady is treated in regaurds to hwo they protect them.

ikestops85
09-21-2010, 09:50 AM
you can see the ref in the background waiving his arms just about the time VY starts to get dropped.

They absolutely were going to call 'in the grasp' and try to avoid injury.

It just so happened that Harrison already had plans against waiting for an 'in the grasp' ruling and his motion was already started when the ref began to blow the play dead. You can't reasonably expect anything except the completion of that motion, especially when three defenders are involved.

If Fischer doesn't like what happened, he should take it up with his O-Line. They didn't seem to be interested in preventing it from happening by actually blocking on the play, or even sticking up for their QB after it happened.

This is the new NFL under Czar Goodell. Reasonability has nothing to do with how things are called. Expect a notice to the 3 players telling them how much they are fined sometime this week. :evil:

SteelAbility
09-21-2010, 09:50 AM
You mean he didn't complain about the possible PI on Nate Washington? Disappointing!

grotonsteel
09-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Complained that if his QB were Tom Brady that they would have been flags for the sack

:Agree

If this would have happened to Bawdy...next season there be modifications to Brady rule "you simply can't touch a QB in pocket"

As i said our beloved Commish loves to drop soap in front of Kraft...

aggiebones
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Why complain about the Troy play?
It didn't affect the game at all. Nice highlight, but hey scored on the next play.

That's pointless bellyaching. Maybe they shouldn't telegraph the snap count. Though likely Vince can only count to one, per his original Wonderlick Test.

The sack was really a perfect storm or multiple tackles at one time. Unlucky for Vince, but its really his OL's fault.

MeetJoeGreene
09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I think the SS showed that Troy was onside by a frame or so.

I agree that if it were Brady it would have been 15 yards. I think that the refs let stuff go for QBs who are more mobile that often break tackles. I know after games I've made similar complaints about hits on Ben. I suppose it's part of the downside of having a QB that makes playes with their feet as well as their arm.

$

Its hard for me to get upset regarding a lack of a flag on a QB sack when Ben has gotten mugged over the years.

rpmpit
09-21-2010, 11:51 AM
http://memyselfandhi.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/douche.jpg

feltdizz
09-21-2010, 12:30 PM
What do you guys think of the roughing the passer call on Suggs in the Cincy game?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Complained that if his QB were Tom Brady that they would have been flags for the sack

It seems that you can add Carson to that "protect the fragile QB" list.

dsmith
09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
You mean he didn't complain about the possible PI on Nate Washington? Disappointing!

He did.

I realize that was a tough loss for the Titans. The Steelers offensive production was absolutely non existent, but his whole PC came off as whiny. In some respects I wonder if he has watched the game tape yet. One reporter asked him about CJ holding up to the physical play of the steelers and he responded that it wasn't any more physical than other games... BS. Man up Fischer - you're the longest tenured coach in the league.

cruzer8
09-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Why complain about the Troy play?
It didn't affect the game at all. Nice highlight, but hey scored on the next play.

That's pointless bellyaching. Maybe they shouldn't telegraph the snap count. Though likely Vince can only count to one, per his original Wonderlick Test.

The sack was really a perfect storm or multiple tackles at one time. Unlucky for Vince, but its really his OL's fault.

Collins was the QB.