PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith doin' his thing...video & lunch pail included

stlrz d
09-21-2010, 07:40 AM
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=10098? ... +his+thing (http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=10098?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Aaron+Smith+doing+his+thing)

steelblood
09-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Good stuff.

The titans have a decent tackles. But, they were destroyed Sunday.

I hope we continue to keep Smith fresh with a heavy DL rotation.

SteelAbility
09-21-2010, 10:06 AM
The great ones can dominate without stats. If there were a stat for "can't be moved from good defensive position" A. Smith would be near the top, if not, at the top.

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2010, 10:29 AM
The great ones can dominate without stats. If there were a stat for "can't be moved from good defensive position" A. Smith would be near the top, if not, at the top.

Love, love, love the guys who do the dirty work so others can get the stats (see big snack as well). Also love that they don't seem to mind letting others take all of the credit.

Stewie
09-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Great, great player!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-21-2010, 12:38 PM
WHAT?????

This guy had only one assist and we are lifting him up like he had at least one full tackle?

Just kidding boys, I've always been high on A. Smith and always feel the need to point out that when people say that "we sucked when Troy was injured" that Smitty was injured as well and they are the two most irreplaceable members of our D.

SteelHead
09-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Was watching ESPN on my lunch hour yesterday and Merril Hodge was singing Smith's praises. He flat out called him the BEST 3-4 D-end EVER. He went on to say that regardless of scheme Aaron is one of the best DE he's ever seen play the game. He said you put on the tape over the last 8-10 years and you will not find another lineman as technically solid as Aaron , combined with superb strength and a motor that doesn't stop , he called him a HALL OF FAMER that unfortunately will never get in.

I couldn't agree to all of this more....

You f*ckin rock Smitty !!!!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200808/20080824pd_steelers0823c_500.jpg

JTP53609
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
like I mentioned in another thread, Troy is terrific and a big part of our Defense but Smith takes 2 guys on just about every play he is in and that is why the linebackers look so good...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Man, it is so refreshing in this stat driven league to see this guy starting to get his due from outside of the team's locker room.

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Man, it is so refreshing in this stat driven league to see this guy starting to get his due from outside of the team's locker room.

Honesltly, I just hope guys like Woodley and Harrison take care of him. Every one of these gusy are solid, but Smith does make them all better players.

SteelAbility
09-22-2010, 08:04 PM
WHAT?????

This guy had only one assist and we are lifting him up like he had at least one full tackle?

Just kidding boys, I've always been high on A. Smith and always feel the need to point out that when people say that "we sucked when Troy was injured" that Smitty was injured as well and they are the two most irreplaceable members of our D.

I made that point in so many words about a bazillion times in last year's "our D lost the game for us" threads. :stirpot Somehow Ty Carter and Kirschke just don't really cut it.

sentinel33
09-22-2010, 08:23 PM
i love it when AS gets recognized. doesnt happen enough so its that much more awesome when it comes up. the man deserves every bit and its not an exageration. the 3rd most valuable player the steelers have. and that can be debated. the key member of one of the great D-lines in the past 8-10 years. thank you aaron. keep truckin'.
thanks for the video. nice work.