PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to find out which QB is with 1st team tomorrow

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Lefty gimpy? That's from the Department of Redundancy Department.

I say let Batch play till he's injured, then put Lefty in if we need to. No need putting Lefty in before we have to, the more time he has to heal, the better.

Surely there's some experienced QB who hasn't played in a year or two but is still in football shape that we can sign as a #3 for a few weeks. No? Much better than a deer-in-the-headlights young gun.

Wasn't Corky on the Ravens roster last year? :lol:

Crash
09-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Wednesday is they key day for quarterbacks.

Lonbull
09-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Surely there's some experienced QB who hasn't played in a year or two but is still in football shape that we can sign as a #3 for a few weeks. No? Much better than a deer-in-the-headlights young gun.

From what I can see - these are the players currently unsigned.

Daunte Culpepper
Josh McNown
JaMarcus Russell
Brian St. Pierre

Still think it's better than giving a "young gun" a chance at playing?

L.B.

stlrz d
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
I don't want Batch as the starter if Arians isn't going to let him throw in situations other than *obvious* passing situations.

Steelers>NFL
09-21-2010, 08:09 AM
I don't want Batch as the starter if Arians isn't going to let him throw in situations other than *obvious* passing situations.

I don't want Arians calling plays, no matter who is the QB of the Steelers...

stlrz d
09-21-2010, 08:20 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1fbjqcuv]I don't want Batch as the starter if Arians isn't going to let him throw in situations other than *obvious* passing situations.

I don't want Arians calling plays, no matter who is the QB of the Steelers...[/quote:1fbjqcuv]

Agreed. But we're stuck with him for now. At least Ben gets to run the no huddle and call his own plays!

Steelers>NFL
09-21-2010, 09:07 AM
[quote="Steelers>NFL":3mur48ch][quote="stlrz d":3mur48ch]I don't want Batch as the starter if Arians isn't going to let him throw in situations other than *obvious* passing situations.

I don't want Arians calling plays, no matter who is the QB of the Steelers...[/quote:3mur48ch]

Agreed. But we're stuck with him for now. At least Ben gets to run the no huddle and call his own plays![/quote:3mur48ch]

I hear ya! But it is a matter of time before BA play calling cost us a game or two. :HeadBanger

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
The only way that I don't want BL under center is if he is still severely limited in his ability to throw. As in the gimpy ankle will not allow him to put weight on it. And if that is the case I don't think that they would have brought him back yet this week.

This is not a long term situation for him. He doesn't need to be completely healed up so that he is ready for the playoffs. He needs to be able to start week three and week four and then he can slow it down.

If Lefty is on our roster for the next two weeks then Lefty is our starter. Period.