PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich rejoins Steelers after brief release

TD386Steel
09-20-2010, 03:25 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10263/1089000-100.stm

Monday, September 20, 2010
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

When the Steelers gathered for their team meeting at 2 this afternoon, quarterback Byron Leftwich joined them.

Leftwich, released on Saturday in a procedural move, could start Sunday's game in Tampa. The Steelers are expected to announce that he has re-signed with them.

They must release another player on their 53-man roster to make room for Leftwich. The Steelers signed defensive tackle Steve McLendon from their practice squad Saturday and he played a handful of snaps in Sunday's 19-11 victory over Tennessee.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10263/10 ... z106EQY200 (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10263/1089000-100.stm#ixzz106EQY200)

Slapstick
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Hmmmm...I wonder who that will be...

If Casey is able to play, it will be buh-bye McClendon...

If not, it will make things interesting...if the Steelers wanted a full complement of D-Linemen in Tennessee, they will want the same in Tampa...

TD386Steel
09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Hmmmm...I wonder who that will be...

If Casey is able to play, it will be buh-bye McClendon...

If not, it will make things interesting...if the Steelers wanted a full complement of D-Linemen in Tennessee, they will want the same in Tampa...

We'll know where Casey is by who they cut wont we. Don't know what everybody else feels, but I ready for Leftwich to start.

phillyesq
09-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Per PFT.com, McClendon was cut. I would assume this means the Steelers are counting on Hampton playing this Sunday.

Jigawatts
09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Let's hope he's healthy enough to play. At the very least, Lefty is the only QB that has the
capability of firing a home run ball to Wallace. And that, coupled with a strong running
game and some more dominating defense may be all we need to win these next two.

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Per PFT.com, McClendon was cut. I would assume this means the Steelers are counting on Hampton playing this Sunday.

It will be interesting to see if McLendon clears waivers. I'm not so sure he does with the number of 3-4 teams in the league. He looked good yesterday. We may have let the cat out of the bag!!!!!

Sugar
09-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Let's hope he's healthy enough to play. At the very least, Lefty is the only QB that has the
capability of firing a home run ball to Wallace. And that, coupled with a strong running

The problem is finding the time to fire said home run ball to Wallace or anyone else. It's not like the line showed themselves to be a fortess or anything.

SteelAbility
09-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Cut ARE to make room for Lefty. :stirpot

Jigawatts
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM

The problem is finding the time to fire said home run ball to Wallace or anyone else. It's not like the line showed themselves to be a fortess or anything.

All we need is one shot, but thanks for bringing me down anyway. :lol:

Sugar
09-20-2010, 07:00 PM

All we need is one shot, but thanks for bringing me down anyway. :lol:

Sorry, eh- didn't mean to crush your groove.

If people hate BA now, just let him put in 7-step drops with a guy fresh off a knee injury that has this line to protect him. There will be a meltdown (unless it works, of course). :wink:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-21-2010, 12:19 PM

+1

ikestops85
09-21-2010, 12:25 PM

+1

me too
+1

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
All we need is one shot

One opportunity (there's vomit on Byron's jersey already...Mom's spaghetti). :P

Oviedo
09-21-2010, 01:24 PM

I understand the desire to have ARE as insurance if Hines gets hurt but I really don't know what he adds on gameday. He isn't catching the ball and his returns on punts are pathetic.

He won't likely get the axe this year but hopefully this is his last as a Steeler.