PDA

View Full Version : Did the Steelers D take the fight out of CJ?

dsmith
09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Chris Johnson is a beast and normally doesn't avoid contact from what I have seen. In the first half of the game I thought he ran aggressive. The Steelers D really slammed him though. There were a couple of times I wondered if he was going to get up. The one hit in particular where Timmons stood him up at the line of scrimmage and dumped him hard on his back was just brutal.

In the second half, I thought CJ looked more tentative than I have ever seen him. It looked like he didn't want anything to do with the Steelers defense anymore. Just my imagination or did anyone else see this?

JTP53609
09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I think he shat himself and vince young was pulled because his panst were brown and unwearable after he got dumped by harrison, smith and keisel

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
If you watched him in the 2nd Quarter and the second half he was constantly shaking his head like someone does who is trying to get his wits about him after getting his bell rung.

I believe he started doing it after the one hit Timmons put on him. I don't watch him enough to know if that is an idioscrency of his or not. If you rewatch the game see if you notice the same thing.

Crash
09-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I saw the same thing. He kept shaking his head. Where was the Titans medical staff?

SteelHead
09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I have CJ in FF and although my deep love for the Steelers far outweighs my passion for FF , I was really hoping our D didn't kill him yesterday. I need him for the rest of the year !

That being said , we knocked him around pretty d*mn good. I've watched a lot of CJ over the last 3 years and he was more hesitant and fatigued then I've ever seen him. Granted the heat had something to with it but our defenses "heat" is what really did it.

And by the way that head shaking thing he does has always been there. Don't know what it is but it's some sort of medical condition. Maybe a mild form of Tourette's ?

Slapstick
09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Yes. Yes they did.

SteelTorch
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
It's always nice to see our D take cocky running backs down a peg or two. We did it with AP, it was great seeing us do it to CJ. 8)

The curse of the terrible towel has no mercy. :tt2

Steelhere10
09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
I saw the same thing. He kept shaking his head. Where was the Titans medical staff?CJ has some sort of disorder, i forgot what was the name of it. But he always twitch like that... But yes the whole Titan team was scared after the second quarter.

grotonsteel
09-20-2010, 05:05 PM
CJ was smacked by B-Mac. That hit definitely rung his bell..

Discipline of Steel
09-20-2010, 06:19 PM
CJ is not exactly huge.

Starlifter
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
either by choice or as a result of injury - he clearly wasn't running as hard in the second half.

Discipline of Steel
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM
CJ and VY were both beaten men. I loved every minute of it.