PDA

View Full Version : FLASH: "Batch not made of Balsa Wood"

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
He took some major hits yesterday, got up and dusted himself off, and continued to play. Not as brittle as he might have seemed before yesterday.

Makes it harder to give him the automatic hook in my opinion.

I've never stopped holding my breath every time Lefty drops back to pass. Maybe not too different than with Dixon, but at least with him there's upside.

Bottom line - week 6 can't get here soon enough!!!

steelblood
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Even Tomlin has talked about Batch being injury prone. It is a fact. I don't question his toughness though, nor his decision making. Right now he is the starting QB because Lefty and Dixon are dinged up and Batch can help us win. I like Charlie and hope he plays well this weekend if called upon. Hopefully, we won't have so many dropped passes this week.

Djfan
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
If I could wave my NFL wand, we would go with Ben, Lefty, Batch the rest of the season, and pick up another QB next year to replace Batch. I would shop Dixon in trade for stud O linemen.

That's just me.

grotonsteel
09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
If I could wave my NFL wand, we would go with Ben, Lefty, Batch the rest of the season, and pick up another QB next year to replace Batch. I would shop Dixon in trade for stud O linemen.

That's just me.

:Agree

I think Dolphins will definitely be interested in Dixon...for their wild cat offense...

brothervad
09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
if you have the game taped watch Batch and the subtle difference between him and Dixon. It's subtle but it is a world of difference regarding pocket awareness....he threw that TD that was called back on a holding call by moving up in the pocket and buyin ga little more time for hiw WR to get open...a couple of times he made a step to his left or right based on that awareness.

I would state that if he had more reps with the first team last week and we weren't down to our last QB which put us in total "turtle mode" I think we would have seen a different outcome (of course barring injury to batch)...

brothervad

Captain Lemming
09-20-2010, 06:53 PM

That's just me.

Nobody is trading "a stud" olineman for a QB who could not win the starting job once our starter was suspended, only got to play when the backup got injured, failed to impress and has people saying gray beard Charlie is better than him.

No WAND is THAT magical.

hellbanger
09-20-2010, 07:48 PM

That's just me.

Nobody is trading "a stud" olineman for a QB who could not win the starting job once our starter was suspended, only got to play when the backup got injured, failed to impress and has people saying gray beard Charlie is better than him.

No WAND is THAT magical.

Oh C'mon man. It is magic after all. I think Tomlin or Arians or Fichnter or someone has spent the last 3 years trying to make Dixon something he isnt. Dixon is a mobile QB, not a pocket passer. Its like trying to teach a Boston Terrier to do the same job as a blood hound. I believe an offense needs to be ran around the capabilities of the QB not fitting a QB into an offense thats set up for a completely different type of QB. Dennis is set up to fail in this offense.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM

That's just me.

I think Dolphins will definitely be interested in Dixon...for their wild cat offense...

Trade Dixon to the Fins for Chad Pennington in our never-ending quest to get every MAC QB on our roster at the same time (Miami of Ohio, Eastern Michigan, Marshall X 2). :wink:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-27-2010, 01:23 AM
I agree :Agree with the OP on this sentiment - Batch showed he is NOT so fragile he can't play. Who is that OP, man he can really call them!!

Anyway, I'd start Charlie against :ratsuck . What the heck, man, he and Wallace seem to have a nice rapproachment!

Captain Lemming
09-27-2010, 06:50 PM

That's just me.

Trade Dixon to the Fins for Chad Pennington in our never-ending quest to get every MAC QB on our roster at the same time (Miami of Ohio, Eastern Michigan, Marshall X 2). :wink:

Bwaaahaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :x :x :x

Amazingly I have had the same thought......wouldnt it be funny if we did that.