PDA

View Full Version : What QB gets cut now

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
If Batch holds us together for the next couple of games who gets the axe when Ben comes back? Do we thank Batch by cutting him? How would the team react to that given Batch's popularity.

Maybe Dixon can help us out by being hurt enough to go on IR. :stirpot

buckeyehoppy
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
If Batch holds us together for the next couple of games who gets the axe when Ben comes back? Do we thank Batch by cutting him? How would the team react to that given Batch's popularity.

Maybe Dixon can help us out by being hurt enough to go on IR. :stirpot

He hurt the knee that allowed him to slide down the draft board in the first place, didn't he? I mean, I don't know for sure, so the question is rhetorical. But, if that's the case, it might be enough to toss him onto IR, since it wouldn't sound good if he re-aggravated an old knee problem.

steelblood
09-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I'd rather not cut McClendon. He played pretty well and made a nice tackle on CJ. There will be a tough roster move this week.

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd rather not cut McClendon. He played pretty well and made a nice tackle on CJ. There will be a tough roster move this week.

McClendon isn't a secret to other teams after yesterday. With so many 3-4 teams you have to figure it would be tough to sneak him through waivers and get him back on our PS.

Slapstick
09-20-2010, 04:15 PM
If Casey is healthy and able to go, can the Steelers afford to carry a 3rd NT?

Hoke outplays his contract on a regular basis, as far as I'm concerned...so he's staying put...

BradshawsHairdresser
09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
As fragile as our QB's appear to be, maybe we'd better keep 'em all...

virgilbosetti
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Get rid of em all.......clink(wine bottle hits the floor).

Sorry, my drunken rant is over. Honestly, if BA and MT can't trust either guy to run a basic offense, as opposed to the one with their head barely peaking out of a hole, then get someone who can.

I understand the severity of the defensive strengths, and the impact they can have on a football game, but this run and hide schit isn't going to last forever.

I stick up for QB's to a fault, and imo.......Dixon is horrible. Batch and Lefty (when healthy) should at least be adequate enough to run a basic offense.

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Get rid of em all.......clink(wine bottle hits the floor).

Sorry, my drunken rant is over. Honestly, if BA and MT can't trust either guy to run a basic offense, as opposed to the one with their head barely peaking out of a hole, then get someone who can.

I understand the severity of the defensive strengths, and the impact they can have on a football game, but this run and hide schit isn't going to last forever.

I stick up for QB's to a fault, and imo.......Dixon is horrible. Batch and Lefty (when healthy) should at least be adequate enough to run a basic offense.

I agree that Dixon has never been the answer but he will likely be the #3 guy. He has shown nothing in the last two weeks to convince me that he is right now anything more than that. IMO Lefty is here for the next several years as Ben's primaty back-up. Batch will be let go.