PDA

View Full Version : Tampa has me worried

feltdizz
09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
The sure wins are usually the hardest for our team. I'm glad they are 2-0 as well, hopefully we set the tone early in this game.

Iron Shiek
09-20-2010, 01:12 PM
I've already mentioned in another thread that this could be a trap game. It being a road game already doesn't help matters. But then throw in the fact that they are riding this big high of being 2-0 and making a lot of haters change their opinion. Like last year's murderer's row of Chiefs/Browns/Raiders easy games that didn't go our way, I don't like the way this game is setting up.

But the players (defensive) just need to bring their typical game like they did against the Titans and all will be fine. Offense needs to just bring their C game and that should suffice, because the F they dropped against the Tit-stains isn't going to be good enough two weeks in a row.

Crash
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Trap game my @ss. Excuses are for losers.

Should they not be paid that week either?

We lose when we stop playing aggressive defense. Just play the way we are built to play and the winning takes care of itself.

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I love the fact that the Bucs are undefeated as well. I might be worried about the possibility of a trap if they were 0-2, but not now.

steelblood
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
If we can lose to KC, the Browns, and the Raiders with Ben, we CAN lose to Tampa without him. We need to get more consistent on offense, especially with our run blocking. The only play that was effective this week was the Kemo pull. We need more than one effective running play. Kugs, grab the white board and draw something up for Bruce.

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
I love the fact that the Bucs are undefeated as well. I might be worried about the possibility of a trap if they were 0-2, but not now.

:Agree Tomlin will masterfully play up the fact they are facing a 2-0 team and have the boys ready to play.

buckeyehoppy
09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
We can't look past this game.

The D just needs to keep doing what they are doing and stay healthy.

The O, well, let's just say that they need to do better than the Titans game.

Right now, every aspect of our O is average, at best. If people think that Ben's return is going to be a miracle cure for our O woes, they might be in for a rude awakening. Our O simply needs to improve. It's either that, or, the FO needs to take copious notes on where our greatest areas of O need are.

One thing that is becoming obvious is that we don't necessarily have a game ready QB to come in if Ben goes down.

Also, not to beat a horse that I haven't already beaten several thousand times, but we need Ts on both the right and left side. Anyone who thinks we will make it for long with what we have now is slowly, but surely, being proven wrong by the guys we have covering the position right now. J. Scott has been a nice addition and I think Hills could be something if he keeps getting live reps. But, both of those guys need some consistency. That might have contributed to Hills looking less than stellar yesterday.

These are the areas that really need attention right now. Hopefully, the Steelers are keeping a close eye on these issues.

grotonsteel
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
No way Tomlin want to lose against Tampa. Tomlin was a coach there. Tampa game is personal for Tomlin. Tomlin will have his team ready for that game.

I am only worried about Ratbirds game and if Leftwich starts that game Steelers win.

4-0 here we come...

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Raheem Morris cut his teeth in the NFL as an assistant DB coach in Tampa when Tomlin was the DB coach there. Tomlin taught Morris everything he knows. Time for the master to lay a beatdown upon the student.

aggiebones
09-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I see the defense smelling blood this week. I mean they seem to have a goal of being the top D in all categories and they know they can't let down against the weak.
I expect a score under 10 for sure this week. 10 points would include a freak play for sure.
We need to avoid a STs snafu, a QB fumble/INT TD or something like that. The D will not give up more than 9 points otherwise.

phillyesq
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I think there are 2 big concerns about this game. The first is that it does set up as a classic trap game. It looks like an easy matchup on the schedule, and the Steelers are coming off a big, emotional win that left the defense and the offensive line gassed. I hope that the team learned its lesson from the letdowns last year. Keeping them focused will be a big challenge for Tomlin, and a significant test for him.

The weather is also concerning. Courtesy of Oviedo's weather report, it is supposed to be very hot and humid again in Tampa Bay. Will the D have the energy for another impressive performance next week? Structuring the roster for this week will be a challenge. It would seem that the Steelers will want to have plenty of lineman and pass rushers available. Depending on Hampton's health, they may keep McClendon, which means that somebody elsewhere will be cut. If they're going to use the crazy o-line rotation again, I'd imagine that they want to find a way to get Foster active, since he is perhaps their most versatile backup lineman. A lot of tough decisions.

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I think there are 2 big concerns about this game. The first is that it does set up as a classic trap game. It looks like an easy matchup on the schedule, and the Steelers are coming off a big, emotional win that left the defense and the offensive line gassed. I hope that the team learned its lesson from the letdowns last year. Keeping them focused will be a big challenge for Tomlin, and a significant test for him.

The weather is also concerning. Courtesy of Oviedo's weather report, it is supposed to be very hot and humid again in Tampa Bay. Will the D have the energy for another impressive performance next week? Structuring the roster for this week will be a challenge. It would seem that the Steelers will want to have plenty of lineman and pass rushers available. Depending on Hampton's health, they may keep McClendon, which means that somebody elsewhere will be cut. If they're going to use the crazy o-line rotation again, I'd imagine that they want to find a way to get Foster active, since he is perhaps their most versatile backup lineman. A lot of tough decisions.

Legursky looked terrible at Guard yesterday. Foster is a much better option but I guess you need the back up Center. Should have kept Urbik over Legursky

JTP53609
09-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I am really good with NFL rosters and all, but other than winslow, freeman, caddy williams and mccoy, I dont know if I can name 2 bucs of the top of my head....
that being said I would not be surprised either way with a win, loss or tie at tampa

TD386Steel
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
The sure wins are usually the hardest for our team. I'm glad they are 2-0 as well, hopefully we set the tone early in this game.

I'm not worried about that. Cleveland & Carolina hardly count for anything. This team is very focused and as Tomlin said annoyed. It will be a very tough win for Tampa. I don't see a let down at all. :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I am really good with NFL rosters and all, but other than winslow, freeman, caddy williams and mccoy, I dont know if I can name 2 bucs of the top of my head....
that being said I would not be surprised either way with a win, loss or tie at tampa

Yeah, it's tough...other than a handful of vets like Ronde Barber and Donald Penn, most of the guys I know are relatively recent draft picks like Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, Brian Price, Aqib Talib, etc.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-20-2010, 02:11 PM

Legursky looked terrible at Guard yesterday. Foster is a much better option but I guess you need the back up Center. Should have kept Urbik over Legursky

:roll:

So we could have a terrible Urbik instead?

If Urbik had showed enough, he would still be with this team. He didn't. He's not. Get over it.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-20-2010, 02:16 PM

We lose when we stop playing aggressive defense. Just play the way we are built to play and the winning takes care of itself.

$$$$$

Without Ben, with all the QB uncertainty, with Tampa being 2-0, I can't see any kind of "trap" to this game.

JTP53609
09-20-2010, 02:17 PM
thats right I forgot barber, and actually talib had a decent year last year and has been pretty decent for them, they have good corners, so other than the 6 players I can name the other 47 must be okay since they are 2-0

Snatch98
09-20-2010, 03:35 PM

Freeman is going to need to see a shrink after this game. I'm not worried about Tampa. Our defense is playing ridiculous football and Freeman is going to feel the effects. The team is playing with a chip on their shoulders. Tomlin recently said "We're just a bit annoyed with our premature death" because of all the doubters leading in to the season. Freeman is going to look like Vince Young did yesterday.

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM

Freeman is going to need to see a shrink after this game. I'm not worried about Tampa. Our defense is playing ridiculous football and Freeman is going to feel the effects. The team is playing with a chip on their shoulders. Tomlin recently said "We're just a bit annoyed with our premature death" because of all the doubters leading in to the season. Freeman is going to look like Vince Young did yesterday.

First time Matt Ryan experienced a LeBeau defense...we saw what happened.

First time Vince Young experienced a LeBeau defense...we saw what happened.

First time Josh Freeman will experience a LeBeau defense...

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

SteelAbility
09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I think the Chiefs then Raiders then Browns of 09 have quite a few of us a bit skiddish. The difference this year ... Troy, Aaron Smith, and an improved Timmons. If we make sure we keep TOs to a minimum I think we win easily. The other factor, I believe, is that our run-stuffing will force TB to be one-dimensional, which will result in a lot of short defensive sequences.

Finally, TB has beat the Browns :brownssuck :roll: and the Panthers. :roll:

Slapstick
09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
If we can lose to KC, the Browns, and the Raiders with Ben, we CAN lose to Tampa without him. We need to get more consistent on offense, especially with our run blocking. The only play that was effective this week was the Kemo pull. We need more than one effective running play. Kugs, grab the white board and draw something up for Bruce.

But, the Steelers haven't played KC, the Browns and the Raiders...

Different year, different team...

Remember, the Steelers hadn't beaten Atlanta since 1999 and were 1-8 in Tennessee...we saw how that affected the team this year...

SteelAbility
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM

But, the Steelers haven't played KC, the Browns and the Raiders...

Different year, different team...

Remember, the Steelers hadn't beaten Atlanta since 1999 and were 1-8 in Tennessee...we saw how that affected the team this year...

These wins have had everything to do with Troy and A. Smith being back and Timmons playing better than a 1.13.

feltdizz
09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
This is why I'm worried... the first 2 games no one was pounding there chest but now everyone is ho humming Tampa. I know what we think has little bearing on the games outcome but I always get a funny feeling when everyone is chalking up a W against a sub par team. I always feel like we will win and I even predicted 4-0 but still... this game has trap written all over it.

I did forget that Tomlin has Tampa roots so he will want to make statement.

NJ-STEELER
09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
i usually err on the side of caution with any opponent

but, after limiting and confusing ryan, young and collins, i think young 2nd year QB josh freeman is in for a lot of trouble

edit...didn't see the replies on the 2nd page of this thread before posting

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2010, 12:38 PM
thats right I forgot barber, and actually talib had a decent year last year and has been pretty decent for them, they have good corners, so other than the 6 players I can name the other 47 must be okay since they are 2-0

I also forgot Barrett Ruud. That's guy's a player.

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2010, 02:46 PM

I get where you are coming from, Crash, but it is human nature to look past certain teams. Regardless of how much you get paid. Should it happen? No, but it does.

Shawn
09-21-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure how playing a 2-0 team is a trap game. If the Steelers look past this Tampa team shame on them.

feltdizz
09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure how playing a 2-0 team is a trap game. If the Steelers look past this Tampa team shame on them.

Tampa has played Cleveland and Carolina I believe.... This was considered by most to be our 1 win out of the first 4 games.

Do you think Tampa is a legit 2-0 or a playoff contender this year?

Just sayin'

AngryAsian
09-21-2010, 04:34 PM
I've already mentioned in another thread that this could be a trap game. It being a road game already doesn't help matters. But then throw in the fact that they are riding this big high of being 2-0 and making a lot of haters change their opinion. Like last year's murderer's row of Chiefs/Browns/Raiders easy games that didn't go our way, I don't like the way this game is setting up.

But the players (defensive) just need to bring their typical game like they did against the Titans and all will be fine. Offense needs to just bring their C game and that should suffice, because the F they dropped against the Tit-stains isn't going to be good enough two weeks in a row.

This is a sure win... I will be going to the game in Tampa. Every time I've gone to a Steeler game since 2006, we have won. Look for me on the pirate ship. I'm the one who looks like Troy. :lol:

feltdizz
09-21-2010, 08:37 PM

you would know... :stirpot

you have been making excuses for months now.

winwithd
09-21-2010, 09:10 PM
I've been hearing about Suh in Detroit but nothing about Gerald McCoy in Tampa. Does TB have any kind of pass rush to be worried about? We might have Leftwich back there throwing. I did like the way Charlie moved around in the pocket last week.

I think ST play is another reason to be confident. It has been better than last year. Tomlin said he liked what he saw Tampa do on ST to stop Cribbs. I don't know what he saw but I hope he took notes because that guy has single-handedly kept the Stains in the game when we've played them.

I'd be more concerned of a letdown by the D against Cleveland than Tampa. The D may think (subconciously) they can let up a little with Ben back because we are going score more and it is not all riding on them. But it may not click right away. I know Ben is working out with a QB coach over this time but that is different from live action. I am kind of expecting that the offense isn't going to be quite as dominant as everyone here is hoping.

frankthetank1
09-21-2010, 09:47 PM

First time Matt Ryan experienced a LeBeau defense...we saw what happened.

First time Vince Young experienced a LeBeau defense...we saw what happened.

First time Josh Freeman will experience a LeBeau defense...

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

this is why im not the least bit worried about the bucs. with the defense playing like it is i like our chances against every other team in the nfl. last year was last year, this year is this year. the defense looks just like it did in 2008. thank god :Cheers

Shawn
09-21-2010, 10:45 PM

Tampa has played Cleveland and Carolina I believe.... This was considered by most to be our 1 win out of the first 4 games.

Do you think Tampa is a legit 2-0 or a playoff contender this year?

Just sayin'

Who knows...they are 2-0 and the Steelers shouldn't look past them. I think the Steelers bring it and bring it hard. That D is playing with a chip on their shoulder and I don't see that stopping because Tampa has only played Cleveland and Carolina.

Flasteel
09-21-2010, 10:48 PM
The only thing to worry about with Tampa is getting off on the wrong I-275 exit at night. Freeman against our defense is the decisive match-up...which they are sure to lose.