PDA

View Full Version : soloman wilcox . . .

proudpittsburgher
09-20-2010, 08:55 AM
is a freakin idiot. If for nothing else, it was for saying the Steelers running game was null and void, when Mendenhall (who he used to refer to as Men-ding-hall, right after referring to Ben as rot-lis-berger) had over 50 yards rushing, as opposed to Chris Johnson, who rushed for 36. :roll:

OK, That is all. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2010, 09:08 AM
He's on Sirius NFL Radio often, and he consistently says Rot-lis-berger and Men-ding-hall. It's odd. Perhaps it is payback for folks like you who think his last name is Wilcox instead of Wilcots. :wink: Incidentally, there is a guy in my fantasy league who always says Rot-sin-berger (he did this long before the Tahoe and Milledgeville incident, so the "sin" portion is not a dig). Anyway, Sollie did finish his playing career as a Steeler (even though he spent most of his career in Cincy), and he is usually pretty good on the radio.

steelblood
09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
He is not a great speaker, but there are far worse color guys out there.

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
He is not a great speaker, but there are far worse color guys out there.

I read "color guys" and I thought you said "He is not a great speaker, but there are far worse colored guys out there" (that would have been a major ouch). Took me a second to realize that you were simply saying "He is not a great speaker, but there are far worse color commentators out there." D'Oh. :lol:

cruzer8
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
So are you calling Wilcots "Wilcox" intentionally? :lol:

feltdizz
09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
is a freakin idiot. If for nothing else, it was for saying the Steelers running game was null and void, when Mendenhall (who he used to refer to as Men-ding-hall, right after referring to Ben as rot-lis-berger) had over 50 yards rushing, as opposed to Chris Johnson, who rushed for 36. :roll:

OK, That is all. :tt2

I was thinking the same thing at the time and thought he must be looking at CJ's numbers.

RussBII
09-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Anyone remember him playing for us? I wanna say it was the early 90s.

JTP53609
09-20-2010, 02:19 PM
I wonder why we had that team announcing the game, that was not the 4th best game in the afc....i like gus johnson personally even though he is the 5th or 6 announcer on cbs

proudpittsburgher
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
So are you calling Wilcots "Wilcox" intentionally? :lol:

No, I wish I was because it would have been funnier. That being said, he gets paid to study the game he is covering and and the players on the field, I don't. :) Plus, I thought given the circumstances, one which SW never pointed out, Mendenhall did a great job getting that many yards when it was clear that we had no passing game to speak of, and the titans could focus on the run. But no, Soloman, continue to tell us how the Steelers running game has been null and void. :roll:

cruzer8
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I wonder why we had that team announcing the game, that was not the 4th best game in the afc....i like gus johnson personally even though he is the 5th or 6 announcer on cbs

Gus Johnson is horrible. Screaming is not a broadcast style.

steelsnis
09-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Haha I LOVE when Gus Johnson does games! He can make a dud game exciting just with his calls.

cruzer8
09-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Haha I LOVE when Gus Johnson does games! He can make a dud game annoying just with his calls.

Fixed that for you.

RuthlessBurgher
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM

Gus Johnson is horrible. Screaming is not a broadcast style.

In March Madness it is.

SteelAbility
09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
The run game did suck. The primary REASON, though, is not that we can't run. It has to do with 3rd and 4th string QBs starting, affording the opposing D the luxury of keying on the run. When Ben gets back and the passing game has to be respected, we'll see the run game take care of itself.

virgilbosetti
09-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I like Solly. Don't mean to be argumentative, but I think he does a good game. I have also heard him on satellite radio, and think he's pretty good there as well.

proudpittsburgher
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
I like Solly. Don't mean to be argumentative, but I think he does a good game. I have also heard him on satellite radio, and think he's pretty good there as well.

Hey, no problem at all, we are all entitled to our opinions . . .it's just some on here who have a difficult time seperating their opinion from fact. :) And, FWIW toward another poster, I actually like Gus Johnson too, but I think it is telling that he is always broadcasting the Buffalo/Oakland tilt. :)

Flasteel
09-20-2010, 07:49 PM

I'm right there with you VB. I've always liked the job Wilcotts has done and I think he's a pretty good speaker too. :D

jj28west
09-20-2010, 08:04 PM

I'm right there with you VB. I've always liked the job Wilcotts has done and I think he's a pretty good speaker too. :D

Another vote for Solly. I like him also on Sirius. As far as Johnson do you remember when Pex would catch the ball he would scream "If you dont know, Plexico!" Kind of a worthless tidbit.

Relentless7
09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Whenever you find yourself missing March Madness....

http://www.gusjohnsongetsbuckets.com/

Got me through a lot of nights.