PDA

View Full Version : So who do you give today's game ball to?

hawaiiansteel
09-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Jeff Reed - 4/4 on FGs and an extra point, 13 total points from your kicker is a fantasy owner's dream.

Antonio Brown - dude is fast, returned opening KO 89 yds for a TD to give Steelers a lead we would never relinquish. also added one punt return for 21 yards.

Lawrence Timmons - has quickly quieted those who criticized his 1st round selection. Timmons made 15 tackles today, including one for a loss.

James Harrison - 11 tackles, 1 for a loss, 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles...not a bad day's work.

Troy Polamalu - key interception in the endzone to prevent Titans from taking a 10-7 lead. also had 6 tackles and a highlight reel sack of Collins late in the game.

DukieBoy
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Jeff Reed - 4/4 on FGs and an extra point, 13 total points from your kicker is a fantasy owner's dream.

Antonio Brown - dude is fast, returned opening KO 89 yds for a TD to give Steelers a lead we would never relinquish. also added one punt return for 21 yards.

Lawrence Timmons - has quickly quieted those who criticized his 1st round selection. Timmons made 15 tackles today, including one for a loss.

James Harrison - 11 tackles, 1 for a loss and two sacks...not a bad day's work.

Troy Polamalu - key interception in the endzone to prevent Titans from taking a 10-7 lead. also had 6 tackles and a highlight reel sack of Collins late in the game.
Timmons and Troy definitely.
James Harrison was THE Sheriff out there today. He also had an amazing game.

Flasteel
09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Jimmy Hate. You failed to mention his 2 forced fumbles and all-around intimidating play.

hawaiiansteel
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Jimmy Hate. You failed to mention his 2 forced fumbles and all-around intimidating play.

very true, I will edit my post and add this to Jimmy Hate's resume'. :Cheers

winwithd
09-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Harrison

Tough call between Harrison and Timmons. I think I go with Harrison because it seemed like he caused a little more havoc than Timmons and it seemed like he never left the game. He almost intercepted one of VYs first passes. Had he held onto that one his stat line would have really looked good. I liked the FF that Timmons had on CJ though. Playing hard to the whistle.

Crash
09-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I'd give it to those poor schmucks who had to hold those "covers" all game when the players went to the benches.

Get some damn covers for the damn shade next week.

DukieBoy
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
James got up slow at one point in the game. Somebody on the chatboard suggested that James had cramps. James don't get cramps. I hope he doesn't look at the chat transcript to find out who said he got cramps.

AkronSteel
09-19-2010, 09:16 PM
If it has to go to an individual player then I would have to say James Harrison! The guy was amazing today! He made difference making plays all over the field today! If I had my choice I would give a game ball to every player on the defensive side of the ball!! They all played lights out and really set the tone from the very start of the game!! Shutting down CJ was a team effort and that was accomplished today!!!

:2c

birtikidis
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd give it to Timmons. Harrison had a great game, but Timmons was assigned to CJ and he sat his a$$ down for the entire game.
how about we give harrison the offenses gameball and timmons the defensive gameball.

Discipline of Steel
09-19-2010, 09:42 PM
One game ball...James Harrison of course. All Around Intimidating Play...haha...he's ridiculous. The Ultimate Alpha Male.

stlrz d
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
The entire D.

Arians gets this:

http://www.trophies2go.com/images/productimages/Horses-Butt-Loser-Trophy.jpg

SteelCrazy
09-19-2010, 10:08 PM
All of the above are deserving, but to change it up a little, I'm going to give it to Chris Hoke. I really liked what he did today and he actually reminded me of an "in his prime" Hampton, maybe not as good, but closer than Hampton has been the last 2-3 years.

aggiebones
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Troy
He kept the ball in the QBs hands a bit longer and it allowed Harrison to get to the QB and wreck havoc.

For instance, if Tyrone Carter was back there, Harrison may have gotten nothing today.

hawaiiansteel
09-19-2010, 11:34 PM
an excerpt from Dale Lolley's Post-Tennessee Thoughts:

Lawrence Timmons should be the early favorite for Defensive Player of the Year. That's two games and 26 tackles. He's also played a huge part in shutting down both Michael Turner and Milli Vanilli wannabe Chris Johnson.

By the same token, if James Harrison doesn't win AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors after making 11 tackles, two sacks, forcing two fumbles and recovering another, they should stop giving the award.

Harrison totally took the game over in the third quarter. Tennessee had one yard in the third quarter, with Harrison making five tackles, two sacks and forcing two fumbles - in 12 plays.

posted by Dale Lolley at 9:29 PM

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... ughts.html (http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2010/09/post-tennessee-thoughts.html)

chiken
09-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Troy :tt2
* Early in the Game he confused Vince - forcing him to burn a timeout. To me that Set the Tone.
*In the middle of the Game his interception in the RedZone in hindsight actually preserved the win for us. (our offense was hot garbage)
*Late in the game his crazy leaping Sack on the goal line showed the Rest of the guys that we were not giving anybody, anything, Ever...

Timmons and Harrison were also special though.. man what a Defense.

ikestops85
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I think we need to give a game ball to Vince Young. He was our best offensive weapon even though Collins tried to beat him out. :lol: