PDA

View Full Version : Be sure to catch Tomlin press conference

skyhawk
09-19-2010, 06:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009190 ... #tab:watch (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091904/2010/REG2/steelers@titans#tab:watch)

Best PC ever.

Watch at the end when Tomlin is "annoyed" that people are surprised they are 2-0.

Classic. I love it!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

jj28west
09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
It was like he was getting the vibe that we had no business even showing up.

Steelgal
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
During this entire off season, they've heard all the negative Steeler media/press. Granted, with Ben's behavior some was warranted, but overblown IMO. Then they hear how much the Ravens are hyped to win the division, especially after the signing of T.J. a few weeks back. According to everyone, not Steelers, they would finish in 3rd place at best. But the Ravens were even hyped just for the division, but the Superbowl as well. I think they have something to prove, as will Ben when he comes back.

I'm glad they have been viewed as underdogs and basically written off, because if not who knows if we'd have started 2-0.

AkronSteel
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes Sir!!!

:tt1 :tt2

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Granted, with Ben's behavior some was warranted, but overblown IMO.

Ben's behavior?

Ben went out to a bar and acted like an immature boor. That does not warrant negative press, let alone the kind of press that he received. He also has supposedly been acting that way around Pittsburgh and has upset others around town. Once again, not news.

If every time any NFL player (or any celebrity for that matter) went out and acted like an a$$ it hit the news then NFLN could change their format to "all jacka$$ all the time".

I am not saying that his behavior was okay, but it was not newsworthy, and not worthy of the attention or suspension that it received. The negative attention was entirely due to an unsubstantiated accusation which appears to be false and malicious on further review.

Crash
09-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Tomlin should have said what most of us feel: That suspension was BS.

AkronSteel
09-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Amen Brother!!! The suspension is BS, but once we get our QB back we will be better off for it!!! The team knows now that they can win even when Ben doesn't shine!! They have put themselves in a really good spot!!! Good Stuff all around!!!

Sugar
09-19-2010, 11:07 PM

What do you think would happen to him if he actually did that? Think about it for a moment.

Anyone who does think that the suspension is BS will not say so as long as their paycheck is coming from the NFL, no matter which team.

Look at the grief Portis got for commenting on the Jets situation.

birtikidis
09-19-2010, 11:28 PM
for some reason, i can't view the PC. in fact the only video i can view is the first one... dammit.

Crash
09-20-2010, 01:44 AM
What do you think would happen to him if he actually did that? Think about it for a moment.

He'd get fined. Big deal.

And what's funny is I think the team is using that suspension to win in spite of Goodell's deliberate attempt to sabotage our season for his beloved city of Baltimore.

focosteeler
09-20-2010, 01:56 AM
It was like he was getting the vibe that we had no business even showing up.

S**t some guy on NFL network was talking crap...they said something like "the steelers are 2-0 and their defense is dominating" and he said he couldn't believe it, they are the 3rd best team in the AFC north... :evil:

eniparadoxgma
09-20-2010, 02:02 AM

And what's funny is I think the team is using that suspension to win in spite of Goodell's deliberate attempt to sabotage our season for his beloved city of Baltimore.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2108/tinfoilhatl.jpg (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/tinfoilhatl.jpg/)

Oviedo
09-20-2010, 07:42 AM

Amen Brother!!! The suspension is BS, but once we get our QB back we will be better off for it!!! The team knows now that they can win even when Ben doesn't shine!! They have put themselves in a really good spot!!! Good Stuff all around!!!

An amen and a big hallelujah!!!!!! I love that they are shoving this suspension BS right up the league's and media's a$$. You can see the guys on TV hating the success the team is having. It's driving them nuts. A Super Bowl win will make them take to the bridges.

BTW--Tomlin is the best in news conferences. Guy just lays it down. No BS and more importnatly to me no pumping himself up or antics. All about team with him.

phillyesq
09-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Given that Goodell has limitless power and no sense of due process, it would be prudent to refrain from poking him with a stick until after Ben returns from his suspension.