PDA

View Full Version : When Ben comes back

stlrz d
09-19-2010, 04:51 PM
this team is going to fsking destroy the league!!!

If the D plays like this and with Ben under center we are looking at a very, very good season!!!

Discipline of Steel
09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Maybe he can score a TD.

SteelAbility
09-19-2010, 04:58 PM
If the D keeps playing like that, we'll win with ARE under center.

stlrz d
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM

There's a difference between "win" and "destroy". :D

MeetJoeGreene
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM

If the D plays like this and with Ben under center we are looking at a very, very good season!!!

My worry is that the D then lets down once Ben is back because they think the pressure is off...

pfelix73
09-19-2010, 05:36 PM

:Agree

Go Steelers!

SteelAbility
09-19-2010, 05:37 PM

There's a difference between "win" and "destroy". :D

Agreed. We merely win with ARE. With Ben, we DESTROY.

stlrz d
09-19-2010, 06:00 PM

My worry is that the D then lets down once Ben is back because they think the pressure is off...

C'mon Eeyore! :lol:

The Man of Steel
09-19-2010, 06:15 PM
At least when Ben comes back those 8 and 9 man fronts should quickly disappear so Mendy can do what he does best too.

Iron Shiek
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Total Domination!!

Bengals kinda did us a favor. We're in first place! But I know it doesn't mean anything til we start playing in the division.

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM

I think Randle El could put up a better stat line passing than our combined 9-17 for 43 yards with 0 TD and 0 INT. That's a sorry 2.5 yards per attempt.

frankthetank1
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM

this is exactly what i have been thinking!! man the defense is back, once we have ben back the steelers are the most complete team in the nfl. with this defense we could probably make it to the playoffs with dixon, batch or lefty, but with ben wow. this team will dominate!! mendenhall will benefit a lot with ben. defenses wont be able to put 8 in the box to stop the run with ben at qb.

Iron Shiek
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM
It'd be nice for the injury bug to die already though!

4th string qb, 3 string DT? Was Hoke okay...last I saw was him limping off, and honestly when I watched the 4th quarter i never really noticed if he was back.

frankthetank1
09-19-2010, 07:39 PM

4th string qb, 3 string DT? Was Hoke okay...last I saw was him limping off, and honestly when I watched the 4th quarter i never really noticed if he was back.

hoke came back later in the game. if i remember correctly he was in on one of the many fumbles in the 2nd half. i was really worried that we would lose hoke but i think he is fine.

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Not to mention that with Colon and Starks already hurt, both Scott and Adams missed time due to dehydration. 4th string QB, 4th and 5th string OT's, 3rd string NT just signed off the practice squad yesterday...sounds like the recipe for a 2-0 team, eh?

:tt2 :tt1

Oviedo
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Ben is coming back wanting to shove this BS suspension up Goodell's backside and the rest of the league will feel his wrath

stlrz d
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Ben is coming back wanting to shove this BS suspension up Goodell's backside and the rest of the league will feel his wrath

Every time I think of Ben coming back I think of the rage expressed by Chuck D in "By The Time I Get To Arizona".

He's gonna go OFF on some people!!!

frenchie
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
My thoughts exactly, Stlrz D!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Every time I think of Ben coming back I think of the rage expressed by Chuck D in "By The Time I Get To Arizona".

He's gonna go OFF on some people!!!

I just envision Rog handing him the SB MVP trophy and smile. :lol:

Djfan
09-20-2010, 01:28 AM
He will be rested and have something to prove. It will be a thing of beauty.

I don't see the D letting up when he gets back. Can you see Jimmy Hate letting up, or letting the other do it? I don't.

Here comes "7 in '11!!"

Chadman
09-20-2010, 01:32 AM
So far the Steelers are exceeding expectations. They are playing a very beatable Tampa Bay this week coming- could go 3-0.

If they are 3-1 or 4-0 when Ben gets back, not only SHOULD they win their division, they could win the whole Conference.

Here's betting Ben comes out throwing- and Chadman's 17-1 bet on the Steelers winning the SB looking very tidy...

birtikidis
09-20-2010, 01:34 AM
I think our defense was seriously inspired by Dicky L's HOF induction. they won't let down all season.

Chadman
09-20-2010, 01:38 AM
I think our defense was seriously inspired by Dicky L's HOF induction. they won't let down all season.

While Chadman would like to believe that- they have not played their greatest weakness yet- the short underneath passing attacks that dink & dunk them for long drives. Until they can prove they won't get beaten by that sort of pass attack- there is always doubt.

1st and Goal--
09-20-2010, 05:03 AM

Not to mention that with Colon and Starks already hurt, both Scott and Adams missed time due to dehydration. 4th string QB, 4th and 5th string OT's, 3rd string NT just signed off the practice squad yesterday...sounds like the recipe for a 2-0 team, eh?

:tt2 :tt1

Someone posted some of the players not available for this game that were on the 08 and 09 teams. It didn't dawn on me at first, but can you imagine any pro team winning games without their-----Starting Tackles, Starks LT Out, Starting RT Colon Out/IR,Starting C Hartwig Gone, 09 Starting FB Summers Cut/PS, #2 RB Parker Gone, Starting QB Big Ben Out/Susp, Starting #1 WR Holmes Gone. #3 WR McDonald Gone---Can't think of any others

On Defense Starting NT Hampton Out, 3 of the best backups in the league gone, Townsend, Carter, Kirschke. Uh! 2-0 team? Not possible. Guess not.

As far as a letdown goes, there probably won't be one since everyone is talking about it and expecting it.

stlrz d
09-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh boy, this is gonna be great!

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/animalhouse6.jpg

AkronSteel
09-26-2010, 08:37 PM
......this team is going to be scary good!!! They are going to make some teams look terrible and will dominate a good portion of the league. From where I sit there is only going to be a handful of teams that will be able to compete with the Steelers for four quarters. This defense is going to be dominate all year!!! Remember this is just September football. Eventually the starters are going to see more snaps and the backups will not rotate in as much!!! Oh Uh NFL....I think it's time to take notice!!!

:tt1 :tt2