PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda sucks

Shoe
09-19-2010, 02:57 PM
We've seen him for a few years now... last year, was coming off ACL. But anyway, this guy... the only thing he does "well" is tackle if/when needed. He's not bad (my thread title a bit misleading), but he does nothing very well. He doesn't BOOM punts like we were expected he would. His punt placement (i.e. inside the 20) is ho-hum. And in general, for a 4th round pick or whatever we spent... I mean, he's not horrible (as we had before we got him), but I expect much more from a punter who we spend a draft pick on.

focosteeler
09-19-2010, 03:48 PM
i dunno i think he does alright....yes having better placement inside the 20 would be nice but there are few punters in the league who excel in that...i didnt get to see the first half but he has done decently well in the 4th

pepsyman1
09-19-2010, 03:56 PM
The biggest issue I ever have with Sepulveda is his consistency. When we were pinned back deep in our territory he put one almost straight up with great hang time, but it only went 39 yards. The last kick he had when we were in the middle of the field he punted all the over the return man for 59 yards. It's hard to know what you are gonna get. I'd rather see him give up just a touch of hang time for some more consistent yardage.

drprwnap
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
We've seen him for a few years now... last year, was coming off ACL. But anyway, this guy... the only thing he does "well" is tackle if/when needed. He's not bad (my thread title a bit misleading), but he does nothing very well. He doesn't BOOM punts like we were expected he would. His punt placement (i.e. inside the 20) is ho-hum. And in general, for a 4th round pick or whatever we spent... I mean, he's not horrible (as we had before we got him), but I expect much more from a punter who we spend a draft pick on.

:wft Do you remember the punters we had in '08???

Lebsteel
09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
If you HAVE to pick on something, rag on the offense. But, how 'bout that DEFENSE!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

jj28west
09-19-2010, 04:23 PM
He is averaging like over 50 yards a punt and allows his coverage to get downfield with high kicks. There was one on the goal line today that someone decided to let it bounce. I really can not ask for more.

Jigawatts
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM

:Agree

Discipline of Steel
09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
His kicks went in the end zone more than usual today. He has been historically good with placement.

BURGH86STEEL
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
I think he's done a good job up to this point. There were a few times the Steelers were deep in their territory. I believe there were a few punts where he changed the field position in the Steelers favor.

Sugar
09-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Sep seems to be doing a great job, IMO. After today, he's not even on my radar for things that need to be fixed.

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
This post is serious?

As a rookie, he downed 28 punts inside the 20 yard line with only 2 touchbacks. Last year, he downed 29 punts inside the 20 yard line with only 4 touchbacks. Last week, he averaged 50.8 yards per punt, with a net punting average of 46.8.

I swear, every time someone on this team has a single game that is not All Pro worthy, that guy automatically sucks.

stlrz d
09-19-2010, 06:09 PM
This post is serious?

As a rookie, he downed 28 punts inside the 20 yard line with only 2 touchbacks. Last year, he downed 29 punts inside the 20 yard line with only 4 touchbacks. Last week, he averaged 50.8 yards per punt, with a net punting average of 46.8.

I swear, every time someone on this team has a single game that is not All Pro worthy, that guy automatically sucks.

:lol:

Flasteel
09-19-2010, 06:10 PM

You don't know WTF you are talking about...period. He averaged 51 yards last week. Today, head had a 59 yarder and just missed downing a couple inside the 5 yard line; he also saved a TD with his tackle on the first return. This is a joke of a statement.

calmkiller
09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Iron Shiek
09-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah, he saved our a$$ last week several times getting the ball out from deep in our territory. Without those, ATL would've had several short fields.

Get a grip.

steelblood
09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
You crazy.

hawaiiansteel
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM

unfortunately, I do remember Mitch Berger and Paul Ernster.

they both sucked big-time.

compared to them, Sepulveda is a Hall of Famer.

frankthetank1
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
dumbest thread ever. sep is killing it so far. troy also sucks. he picked off that pass in the endzone and didnt take it 100 yards.. harrison sucks too. he only had one sack and one forced fumble. woodley sucks too. he only had one pick, one forced fumble and one sack :wft ????

Flasteel
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
dumbest thread ever. sep is killing it so far. troy also sucks. he picked off that pass in the endzone and didnt take it 100 yards.. harrison sucks too. he only had one sack and one forced fumble. woodley sucks too. he only had one pick, one forced fumble and one sack :wft ????

Harrison had 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. He sucks worse than you thought. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM

C'mon...Harrison doesn't suck. He had 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. He blows. :lol:

Flasteel
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM

C'mon...Harrison doesn't suck. He had 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. He blows. :lol:

Your wit runneth a little slow this evening RB. :D

By the way Jimmy Hate for AFC Defensive Player of the Week. Bank on it.

RuthlessBurgher
09-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Your wit runneth a little slow this evening RB. :D

By the way Jimmy Hate for AFC Defensive Player of the Week. Bank on it.

That's what happens when I try to post and watch the HOU-WAS OT at the same time.

He'll have plenty of competion from several of his teammates. :tt2 :tt1

DukieBoy
09-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Sep is a very good punter, and an excellent team guy.

eniparadoxgma
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
This post is serious?

:lol:

x3 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oviedo
09-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Sep punts the ball 50 yards per kick with almost 5 seconds in hang time and he sucks. :?

As I say some people can't be happy unless they are unhappy.

papillon
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
I didn't see the game, but I'm glad we're having a debate about how good or bad the punter is and particularly after a win. :P

By the way, I'm on the Sep bandwagon, he's a darn fine punter in my book.

Pappy

ikestops85
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0828/poop.jpg

proudpittsburgher
09-21-2010, 10:35 AM

I love this line . . . my thread title a bit misleading. How about completely misleading? WTF :roll:

rpmpit
09-21-2010, 11:54 AM
http://coloradosportsdesk.com/wp/wp-content/mitch.jpg

phillyesq
09-21-2010, 12:12 PM
His kicks went in the end zone more than usual today. He has been historically good with placement.

:Agree

From a placement standpoint, the Titans game was a bit uncharacteristic for Sepulvda. He's been just fine though, and I'm certainly not going to complain.

Iron Shiek
09-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Sorry to rehash this post. But 62 yard punts that completely turn around the field position on the opposition, which led to a score does not suck!

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Bring back Berger NOW. Come to think of it we should trade Ben for a 6th to create room to sign Tommy Maddox. :P

feltdizz
09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Sorry to rehash this post. But 62 yard punts that completely turn around the field position on the opposition, which led to a score does not suck!

I think this initial post was made due to stress over the lack of offense the first game.

I remember some fans saying it was a mistake to move up to get Sep. Probably one of the most under rated draft moves we have made in a long time. I just wish our gunners could gets hands on more of his punts inside the 5.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Bring back Berger NOW. Come to think of it we should trade Ben for a 6th to create room to sign Tommy Maddox. :P

Good thinking, Berger used to kick it 62 yards as well...............

But it took him three punts to do so. :lol:

eniparadoxgma
09-27-2010, 05:06 PM
This is definitely one of the worst threads I've ever seen. :|

SteelAbility
09-27-2010, 05:24 PM

Good thinking, Berger used to kick it 62 yards as well...............

But it took him three punts to do so. :lol:

And cumulatively they were "inside the 20." :Cheers

jj28west
09-27-2010, 05:25 PM
This is definitely one of the worst threads I've ever seen. :|

Whats even worse is if Sep just has one bad punt under 80 yards or gets a punt blocked because of a missed assignment and you are going to get "I told you so that he sucked!"