PDA

View Full Version : Throwback jerseys

SteelerNation1
09-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Read in Steelers Digest last week that thx steelers will wear the throwbacks vs Clev and vs NE this season.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Cool...thanks for the fashion update. :wink:

That's is the game where I am taking my wife (Cleveland), and the Tailgate game with my Dad (New England). I thought they'd do it again for the game where I was taking my son (Baltimore) but the Ravens probably whined to the league about it again..."They always wear those jerseys against us and then James Harrison eats our QB for breakfast...blah, blah, blah." Even though we won't be wearing the throwbacks for Baltimore, I think Jake will still wear his new Mike Wallace throwback that day anyway. I don't have a Steeler throwback jersey, but maybe I'll wear my LeBeau throwback for our tailgate game.

Sugar
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Throwback jersey's? Really? That was kind of cute for a year, but c'mon, those things are dreadfully ugly.

birtikidis
09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Cool...thanks for the fashion update. :wink:

That's is the game where I am taking my wife (Cleveland), and the Tailgate game with my Dad (New England). I thought they'd do it again for the game where I was taking my son (Baltimore) but the Ravens probably whined to the league about it again..."They always wear those jerseys against us and then James Harrison eats our QB for breakfast...blah, blah, blah." Even though we won't be wearing the throwbacks for Baltimore, I think Jake will still wear his new Mike Wallace throwback that day anyway. I don't have a Steeler throwback jersey, but maybe I'll wear my LeBeau throwback for our tailgate game.
what would be really awesome is if the team announced that we were gonna wear throwbacks for the NE and Cleveland games and then showed up AT Baltimore with a new away throwback jersey.

Crash
09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
WTF?????????????? We are 3-0 vs. the Ravens when we wear them!

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Throwback jersey's? Really? That was kind of cute for a year, but c'mon, those things are dreadfully ugly.

No way...they have block numbers. BLOCK NUMBERS, I tell you!!! :tt2 :tt1

NJ-STEELER
09-18-2010, 06:30 PM
the jerseys look good as do the pants

the helmet is iffy

Sugar
09-18-2010, 09:43 PM

No way...they have block numbers. BLOCK NUMBERS, I tell you!!! :tt2 :tt1

Not really a fan of the block numbers. The jersey's aren't the biggest problem though. The yellow helmets are terrible and everything from the waist down is lame.

I've seen Pee-Wee teams with better looking uni's than those throwbacks. Just sayin...

Crash
09-18-2010, 11:08 PM
They look much better in person than they do on TV.

skyhawk
09-18-2010, 11:11 PM

Crash, don't you live in Colorado?

Sugar
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM

Not to be snyde or anything, but I really don't care what they look like in person- TV is the only way I'm watching them. I suspect the vast majority of Steeler fans are in the same boat.

Crash
09-19-2010, 12:46 AM

Yeah, and?

They have this device, it's called an airplane. And believe it or not? It flies to the city of Pittsburgh. :tt2

costanza2k1
09-19-2010, 12:12 PM

Yeah, and?

They have this device, it's called an airplane. And believe it or not? It flies to the city of Pittsburgh. :tt2

I wonder if they have one of those where I live? Classic :lol:

winwithd
09-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I love the throwbacks because the first thing that always comes to mind when I see them is how we destroy the Ratbirds when we wear them.

skyhawk
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM

Yeah, and?

LOL. Poor timing on the question. Wasn't trying to be an as$.

:tt1