PDA

View Full Version : OT: Justin TV Question

MeetJoeGreene
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM
The game isn't being shown in Central PA this weekend and I can't make it to a sports bar...

How do I find a channel on JustinTV for the game? Or will someone post a link in the chatroom?

grotonsteel
09-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Normally you will get a good link in chatroom.

But always looks for

channelsurfing.net
http://atdhe.net/

I think people need to start using VShare TV instead Justin...i think that is more reliable...atleast one preseason game i watched on vshare was far better. Justin TV more often than not is choppy and i don't think my internet connection is at fault for choppy connection.

Unfortunately i don't have any VShare TV links.

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
And the guy who streamed the Steeler preseason games on JustinTV was annoying. He would always talk during commercial breaks about how to add him as a friend or whatever, and he would openly swear, which sucked for me because my 5 year old daughter wanted to play with her Barbies in my office while I watched the game on the computer.

The feed for the atdhe.com was much clearer and reliable (although it did die for a bit of the 2nd half of the last preseason game), the quality overally was much better.

The only bad thing it that it is tough to chat and watch one of those feeds at the same time, since the feed tends to be on a delay, so guys in the chatroom are telling you what happened before you actually see it (I couldn't stay in chat last time because of this...I don't want to know results a play in advance).

SteelCrazy
09-17-2010, 12:55 PM
...I don't want to know results of a play in advance).

You can try to fool everyone else, but some of us know you are clairvoyant........

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2010, 03:00 PM
...I don't want to know results of a play in advance).

You can try to fool everyone else, but some of us know you are clairvoyant........

Yeah, you fools with your 20/20 hindsight are no match for my 20/20 insight. :P

jj28west
09-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Guys & Gals,

I have been using this service http://live247.tv/vai/ that I found out about from the trib board years ago.

Its about $9-$10/month so roughly $30/season. The delay is minimal compared to the other free feeds.

Knock on wood there is verl little lag or buffering. I have two monitors (24" & 30") and I have the redzone open while watching the Steelers with the volume, as well as the Bengals, Ravens or Browns game if they are on at the same time.

I will minimize the Steeler game during comercial and toggle between the other games. I have 50 MB down/10 mb up but I dont think you need nearly that much to stream.

I dont work for this company but want to help out the ones that are sick of the bars and want to concentrate on the game.

Discipline of Steel
09-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Guys & Gals,

I have been using this service http://live247.tv/vai/ that I found out about from the trib board years ago.

Its about $9-$10/month so roughly $30/season. The delay is minimal compared to the other free feeds.

Knock on wood there is verl little lag or buffering. I have two monitors (24" & 30") and I have the redzone open while watching the Steelers with the volume, as well as the Bengals, Ravens or Browns game if they are on at the same time.

I will minimize the Steeler game during comercial and toggle between the other games. I have 50 MB down/10 mb up but I dont think you need nearly that much to stream.

I dont work for this company but want to help out the ones that are sick of the bars and want to concentrate on the game.

Id say thats worth it, thanks for the info. The bars do suck, all smoke and no sound. I dont catch nearly as much of what's going on.

Ruthless, Im sorry man. I was listening to WDVE radio and 'preporting' some information.

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Ruthless, Im sorry man. I was listening to WDVE radio and 'preporting' some information.

No worries. It is only an issue during the preseason. I should be in the chat room this weekend.