PDA

View Full Version : NFLN's top 10 elusive QBs.

Djfan
09-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Kordell was number 10.

Ben.

Not on the list.

hawaiiansteel
09-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Kordell was number 10.

Ben.

Not on the list.

I'm absolutely shocked that Byron Leftwich wasn't on that team... :wft :D

SteelCrazy
09-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Get used to Ben not being mentioned in anything that rates players....He was hardly recognized before the DTF incident. It'll take 3 more SB's and at least 2 SB MVP's before he gets any credit again........

Captain Lemming
09-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Ben is not particularly "elusive". He extends plays through strength shedding potential tacklers. Someone who is elusive" is hard to catch.

The epitome to me of an elusive QB was Fran T back in the day.

steelblood
09-17-2010, 07:09 AM
We've been slighted again! The injustice.

fezziwig
09-17-2010, 07:44 AM
I don't even recall the Steel Curtain sacking Fran Tarkenton during the Super Bowl. That guy was elusive.

ramblinjim
09-17-2010, 09:03 AM
:Steel Eh...Ben's not really elusive, he's just tough to bring down. How about Michael Vick, that dude's pretty elusive.

Steelers>NFL
09-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Ben is not particularly "elusive". He extends plays through strength shedding potential tacklers. Someone who is elusive" is hard to catch.

The epitome to me of an elusive QB was Fran T back in the day.

When football was REAL. Bump & run WRs all day. Sack the QB etc...

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't even recall the Steel Curtain sacking Fran Tarkenton during the Super Bowl. That guy was elusive.

The first points of that game was a sack of Tarkenton by Dwight White for a safety. That one's pretty memorable.

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Kordell was number 10.

Yeah, we all remember that Kordell was number 10. But where did he finish on this list? :P

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/img/walls/Kordell-Stewart-1.jpg

feltdizz
09-17-2010, 10:30 AM
We've been slighted again! The injustice.

lol... Ben gets hit a ton... he is far from elusive. Hard to tackle, strong and mobile but elusive? not so much.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I'll assume that one of the criteria used for calling one elusive is "sacked fewer than 50 times per year. :lol:

fezziwig
09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Kordell was number 10.

Yeah, we all remember that Kordell was number 10. But where did he finish on this list? :P

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/img/walls/Kordell-Stewart-1.jpg

I didn't think they sacked him I thought there was a bad snap or something. Thanks, I'll see if I can look for that on youtube.

SteelAbility
09-17-2010, 05:36 PM

The first points of that game was a sack of Tarkenton by Dwight White for a safety. That one's pretty memorable.

I just realized that our D outscored their O in SB9 ... 2 to 0. :lol: :tt2 :lol: :tt2

fezziwig
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM

I just realized that our D outscored their O in SB9 ... 2 to 0. :lol: :tt2 :lol: :tt2

Yeah, our defense shut out their offense in the Super Bowl. I wonder if any team has ever done that in a Super Bowl ? Chuck Knox must have been kicking himself to make it to three Super Bowls and his final chance was against the greatest defense ever. What a kick in the teeth to have to face the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2010, 11:15 PM

Yeah, our defense shut out their offense in the Super Bowl. I wonder if any team has ever done that in a Super Bowl ? Chuck Knox must have been kicking himself to make it to three Super Bowls and his final chance was against the greatest defense ever. What a kick in the teeth to have to face the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Chuck Knox? I remember him coaching for the Seahawks and Rams, but I don't recall him ever coaching in Minnesota. I think you are thinking of Bud Grant.

Captain Lemming
09-18-2010, 12:20 AM

Chuck Knox? I remember him coaching for the Seahawks and Rams, but I don't recall him ever coaching in Minnesota. I think you are thinking of Bud Grant.

Yeah, and the last SB his team was in was against the Raiders, not us.

fezziwig
09-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks, I did mean Bud Grant.