PDA

View Full Version : Steelers checking out Donald Thomas, Jarrett Brown

PSU_dropout43
09-16-2010, 11:10 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

by Mike Florio

Last year, guard Donald Thomas appeared in 16 games and started 12 for the Dolphins.

This year, Thomas is a man without a team.

Though he has generated some interest, Thomas has yet to sign a contract. His next chance will come via a visit to the Steelers, per a league source.

Thomas entered the league as a sixth-round pick in 2008.

The Steelers also will be bringing in former West Virginia quarterback Jarrett Brown for a workout. And former West Virginia quarterback Pat White remains unemployed, by any football teams, that is.

calmkiller
09-16-2010, 12:41 PM
A guard? I thought we were thin at Tackle....hum....

Jarrett Brown....meh....

AkronSteel
09-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I think Donald Thomas would be a good addition to the team. That would allow them to swing Ramon Foster back outside to his natural position of tackle. Anytime the team is looking into a player I am happy about it. Who would the team cut to bring Thomas in though? They are being proactive....that is what good teams do. Jarrett Brown.....I think we will pass but you never know, maybe PS??

Mister Pittsburgh
09-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Jarrett Brown....meh....

We only sign black QB's now. It's a rule.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2010, 02:41 PM

Jarrett Brown....meh....

Well, since the powers that be are so prejudiced against big, bad white QB's, can you blame us?

:stirpot :lol:

hawaiiansteel
09-16-2010, 02:41 PM

Jarrett Brown....meh....

that's the Rooney Rule, Part Two. :tt2 :tt2

Notleadpoisoned
09-16-2010, 03:00 PM

Jarrett Brown....meh....

I hope that's not the case because I would really like to see the Steelers win a few more Super Bowls in my lifetime. :stirpot

SteelCrazy
09-16-2010, 04:42 PM
I know it doesnt hurt to look, but this is weird for the Steelers. They are more active than Chadman in Fantasy Football and believe you me, that is a lot!

Steel Life
09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
I would think they'd be looking at Thomas as a Center/Guard prospect...kicking the tires on Jarrett Brown makes sense to me with both Batch & Leftwich doubtful to be with the team next year.

Chadman
09-16-2010, 10:20 PM
I know it doesnt hurt to look, but this is weird for the Steelers. They are more active than Chadman in Fantasy Football and believe you me, that is a lot!

Scoff if you will, but the active use of the Waiver Wire has won Chadman a few FF comps- particularly useful when you have some glaring weaknessess on the roster...

SteelCrazy
09-16-2010, 11:55 PM

Scoff if you will, but the active use of the Waiver Wire has won Chadman a few FF comps- particularly useful when you have some glaring weaknessess on the roster...

I wasn't scoffing, merely pointing out the glaring resemblance between u and the Steelers......If not for the fact I am ALWAYS last in waiver position, I would have more moves than u...