PDA

View Full Version : Am I just a clueless , or (re: lady reporter in Jets locker)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Am I wrong that there are naked players in the locker room when reporters are in there?

If so, call me old fashioned, but I don't think that there should be a female reporter in there.

And if there IS one in there, I don't think it's wrong for "catcalls, and footballs overthrown so they'd land near her" to happen. I didn't hear of anything else that happened. I'm sure there is a lot of bantering among the guys - why is it wrong for it to happen with the girls?

And now all the coaches and players are doing the Goodell 2-step slobberfest, "oh please don't smite me lord" dance.

:wft

Signed, Clueless and clearly not "PC" enough to "get it".

kiwi_sarah
09-15-2010, 12:53 AM
* googles "how to get press credentials" *

Captain Lemming
09-15-2010, 01:27 AM
* googles "how to get press credentials" *
:nono
We dont want to read any more accusations of catcalls because a woman was in the locker room............. only to find that the source of the catcalls was YOU. :lol:

kiwi_sarah
09-15-2010, 01:37 AM
[quote="kiwi_sarah":3dmkaak9]* googles "how to get press credentials" *
We dont want to read any more accusations of catcalls because a woman was in the locker room............. only to find that the source of the catcalls was YOU. :lol:[/quote:3dmkaak9]

lmao. Yeah, THAT wouldn't be the accusation :P

fordfixer
09-15-2010, 07:44 AM
[quote="Captain Lemming":26nynt2i][quote="kiwi_sarah":26nynt2i]* googles "how to get press credentials" *
We dont want to read any more accusations of catcalls because a woman was in the locker room............. only to find that the source of the catcalls was YOU. :lol:[/quote:26nynt2i]

lmao. Yeah, THAT wouldn't be the accusation :P[/quote:26nynt2i]

Sara would be the one doing the cat calls :lol: :lol:

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 08:13 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-269542 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sainz-incident-draws-cultural-moral-lines?urn=nfl-269542)

Ghost
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
If you'd like not to be treated as a stipper then don't dress like one!

proudpittsburgher
09-15-2010, 09:07 AM

Yea, but, but, but, that's how they dress on El Azteca and telemundo, so it's OK. <crossthreadargumentagainstme/>

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2010, 09:38 AM

Yea, but, but, but, that's how they dress on El Azteca and telemundo, so it's OK. <crossthreadargumentagainstme/>

Yes, but "that's how we do it at home" generally doesn't carry much water any where in the universe, as far as I know.

I'm not a proponent of the "she asked for it because she dressed like that" point of view. My main point is that if you are going into a locker room full of naked athletes, there is going to be some bantering going on, whether you are a male or female. If you can't stand the heat, stay out - whether you're a guy or a girl!

Djfan
09-15-2010, 09:46 AM
This is another case of PC pig poopey gone crazy.

She is in the wrong, the guys are being guys and the situation in absurd.

I hope this PC wave of extreme stupid goes away from our culture soon. It makes me puke.

ikestops85
09-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Yes, but "that's how we do it at home" generally doesn't carry much water any where in the universe, as far as I know.

I'm not a proponent of the "she asked for it because she dressed like that" point of view. My main point is that if you are going into a locker room full of naked athletes, there is going to be some bantering going on, whether you are a male or female. If you can't stand the heat, stay out - whether you're a guy or a girl!

Unless they were running their practice in the locker room that isn't what this is about. Besides, they should just ban ALL reporters from the locker room. Simple solution. The players would have to make themselves available for a period of time after the game in another room.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-15-2010, 09:51 AM

Unless they were running their practice in the locker room that isn't what this is about. Besides, they should just ban ALL reporters from the locker room. Simple solution. The players would have to make themselves available for a period of time after the game in another room.

Makes too much sense. It will never happen. :lol:

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 10:30 AM
This is another case of PC pig poopey gone crazy.

She is in the wrong, the guys are being guys and the situation in absurd.

I hope this PC wave of extreme stupid goes away from our culture soon. It makes me puke.

The worst part about all of this was her Tweet caused this firestorm. She didn't go to her boss and say she was sexually harassed. She didn't file a report. She just said it was getting a little crazy in the locker room.

Now she is going to get a ton of publicity and do a couple of Maxim spreads all the while the PC crowd is talking about giving her respect as a professional reporter.

I made a point about telemundo and univision's sexually charged shows because in america you have regis and kelly.... on univision you have the spanish regis and 5 kelly's with pasties and hooker boots dancing as they update you on current events.

From this girls past "unprofessional" interviews and "unprofessional" attire I think it's safe to say she was OK with the jokes. Maybe she really felt threatened and disrespected and is lying.... but from all of her interviews and responses I think she realizes what her job entails and part of it is to glorify her glorious backside.

I have seen a number of professional woman with nice round butts... but at work they don't wear clothes that accentuate them.

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Bottom line:

The "She was asking for it" argument is lame and stupid and incorrect.

If the NFL has a Personal Conduct Standard, it should enforce this personal conduct standard across the board. Period.

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Bottom line:

If the NFL has a Personal Conduct Standard, it should enforce this personal conduct standard across the board. Period.

maybe it is... but I think any woman who goes into a locker room with her back side out like that in something tight is going to get the attention she knows the outfit will give her.

I'm sorry but you can't tell me a woman going into a locker room with 38DD and spaghetti straps isn't asking for some attention....

Maybe asking for IT sounds harsh.. but I can't see how NFL football players are supposed to be professional when she isn't professional in her attire.

her butt is on display in a locker room full of guys... sorry, she doesn't get any sympathy and from her response she doesn't want any.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Bottom line:

This sounds nice in theory. But it seems really stupid to allow female reporters in sexually charged clothing to prance through a locker room of naked athletes and then have the NFL say: "Sorry, you are going to get WHACKED for catcalls, or throwing stuff so it lands near her".

Have you seen that beer commercial where the two girls are sitting at the beach and the boys throw the balls so they land near her? That is sexual harrassment? Give me a fr*ggin' break.

DJ had it right - this PC stuff is nothing but puke, and hypocrisy (any bets on whether Goodell is sleeping around?).

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Bottom line:

This sounds nice in theory. But it seems really stupid to allow female reporters in sexually charged clothing to prance through a locker room of naked athletes and then have the NFL say: "Sorry, you are going to get WHACKED for catcalls, or throwing stuff so it lands near her".

Have you seen that beer commercial where the two girls are sitting at the beach and the boys throw the balls so they land near her? That is sexual harrassment? Give me a fr*ggin' break.

DJ had it right - this PC stuff is nothing but puke, and hypocrisy (any bets on whether Goodell is sleeping around?).

Bottom Line:

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Bottom line:

:Agree

The only ones offended are the PC crowd. They are going to turn a non issue into an issue based on a Tweet.

She got publicity and now more people know her name and google her butt. She showed up in a bridal gown, a cheerleader outfit and who knows what else when giving interviews.

She is using her sexuality for ratings and press. She knows what comes with the job and she is OK with it or she would dress like a freaking reporter in clothes that fit properly.

Imagine a guy greased up in a wife beater in the girls locker room acting offended when a chick says nice guns...

Pretty soon the PC crowd will be attacking strip club patrons for throwing too many ones on the ground.

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 10:56 AM

The only ones offended are the PC crowd. They are going to turn a non issue into an issue based on a Tweet.

She got publicity and now more people know her name and google her butt. She showed up in a bridal gown, a cheerleader outfit and who knows what else when giving interviews.

She is using her sexuality for ratings and press. She knows what comes with the job and she is OK with it or she would dress like a freaking reporter in clothes that fit properly.

Imagine a guy greased up in a wife beater in the girls locker room acting offended when a chick says nice guns...

Pretty soon the PC crowd will be attacking strip club patrons for throwing too many ones on the ground.

Bottom line:

Ghost
09-15-2010, 11:13 AM
She’s said there was no harassment so we really don’t know what occurred in the locker room.

I “should” be able to walk in certain parts of town at night without getting mugged or assaulted but that’s not the reality of the situation and if I’m there and bad things happen to me I share the responsibility. I wasn’t asking for it but I should know better.

If you choose to dress like you are going clubbing in a room FULL OF MEN then honestly I do not feel badly when they comment on your appearance. Its not OK but it is a predictable response.

Some women dress provocatively to attract a certain type of attention. But if you give it to them, it's wrong?

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Not in this case... you picked the wrong chick to wave the sexual harassment banner over.

In theory you are correct but not with this chick.

just thought I would add this so you don't have to add it again.
because we don't agree. 8)

proudpittsburgher
09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Not in this case... you picked the wrong chick to wave the sexual harassment banner over.

In theory you are correct but not with this chick.

just thought I would add this so you don't have to add it again.
because we don't agree. 8)

But that means you are wrong, Felt. :stirpot

cruzer8
09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Erin Andrews wears a lot of very tight outfits.

I guess she's asking for it too.

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 02:15 PM

who? 8)

what football player harassed her?

I think this chick Sainz is the wrong chick for people to wave the sexual conduct flag.

She isn't even a real reporter.. she is more of an entertainer and her azz gear is part of the show.

One google of her "work" outfit damages the whole argument for chicks who really are harassed and deserve respect.

so when does a check ask for it? In GA? :wink:

cruzer8
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM

who? 8)

what football player harassed her?

I think this chick Sainz is the wrong chick for people to wave the sexual conduct flag.

She isn't even a real reporter.. she is more of an entertainer and her azz gear is part of the show.

One google of her "work" outfit damages the whole argument for chicks who really are harassed and deserve respect.

so when does a check ask for it? In GA? :wink:

That's the whole point. Erin Andrews wears skin tight clothes and is not harrassed like what the Jets did to Sainz. Yeah Ray Malauaga did a silly dance behind her once but that's the extent of it in the professional world.

Your last statement doesn't even dignify a response. :roll:

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I “should” be able to walk in certain parts of town at night without getting mugged or assaulted but that’s not the reality of the situation and if I’m there and bad things happen to me I share the responsibility. I wasn’t asking for it but I should know better.

You don't share the responsibility...

There are laws against you being mugged and/or assaulted...there are no laws that prohibit you from walking through certain parts of town...

The fact that you were walking through that part of town does not give anyone the right to assault or mug you...

If you are able to identify the perpetrator of such an assault, I doubt that the police will say that you can't press charges because you shouldn't have been there...

Against the law is against the law...

Again, this is not a moral stance...it is simply expecting the Jets players and coaches to follow the rules...which, they are paid to do...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2010, 03:05 PM

You don't share the responsibility...

There are laws against you being mugged and/or assaulted...there are no laws that prohibit you from walking through certain parts of town...

The fact that you were walking through that part of town does not give anyone the right to assault or mug you...

If you are able to identify the perpetrator of such an assault, I doubt that the police will say that you can't press charges because you shouldn't have been there...

Against the law is against the law...

Again, this is not a moral stance...it is simply expecting the Jets players and coaches to follow the rules...which, they are paid to do...

What rules? The rule that says you can't make catcalls or throw footballs near someone who dresses in sexually provocative charged outfits and comes watch you when you're naked in the locker room?

I haven't read that anything beyond that happened, has anyone else?

I think the behavior would be considered boorish if something like that happened to someone like Michelle Tafoya etc., appropriately dressed, when they came in to interview. But someone who dresses like they're about to start shooting a "Microphone Babes" spread? Not so much. It goes both ways.

papillon
09-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Logic in excess (sorry AA) right here. The locker room should be for the team and no one else, unless, the coach or team invites someone to join them. It used to be the last bastion where men could go and be men without having to worry about offending anyone and then, of course, the PC craze took over and now they have to let everyone and their mother into the locker room.

There should be an interview room for talking with players after a game, after they've showered, after they've stewed over a loss, after they've celebrated after a victory and are ready to talk with the public. Anything before that should be their time as a team without any outside interference. I guess I'm just too old fashioned as well.

Out of curiosity, do male reporters get go into female locker rooms at the US Open (tennis and golf), WNBA, etc?

Pappy

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 03:27 PM
What rules? The rule that says you can't make catcalls or throw footballs near someone who dresses in sexually provocative charged outfits and comes watch you when you're naked in the locker room?

I haven't read that anything beyond that happened, has anyone else?

I think the behavior would be considered boorish if something like that happened to someone like Michelle Tafoya etc., appropriately dressed, when they came in to interview. But someone who dresses like they're about to start shooting a "Microphone Babes" spread? Not so much. It goes both ways.

Yes. Those exact rules.

Unfortunately, at this time, it doesn't go both ways. In a perfect world, it would.

Boorish behavior is boorish behavior regardless of whether someone is dressed appropriately or not.

If the NFL wants to avoid a situation like this in the future, they should adopt and enforce a dress code for female reporters. But, that would be tantamount to admitting that NFL players are incapable of controlling themselves and acting appropriately around attractive women.

That being said, the whole problem is that some NFL players (and coaches) are incapable of controlling themselves and acting appropriately around attractive women.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Logic in excess (sorry AA) right here. The locker room should be for the team and no one else, unless, the coach or team invites someone to join them. It used to be the last bastion where men could go and be men without having to worry about offending anyone and then, of course, the PC craze took over and now they have to let everyone and their mother into the locker room.

There should be an interview room for talking with players after a game, after they've showered, after they've stewed over a loss, after they've celebrated after a victory and are ready to talk with the public. Anything before that should be their time as a team without any outside interference. I guess I'm just too old fashioned as well.

Out of curiosity, do male reporters get go into female locker rooms at the US Open (tennis and golf), WNBA, etc?

Pappy

:Bow :Bow :Bow

(... in tight "package-hugging" and "wife-beater" T's?)

eniparadoxgma
09-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is also good sense.

If a white man wears a KKK outfit and dances around in a predominantly poor, black part of a city/town then would he really expect no trouble?

If a anti-war protester starts burning a flag in front of a VFW should they expect no trouble?

If a rich guy with money hanging out of his pockets walks around a predominantly poor part of town late of night should he not expect trouble?

Again, in none of these situations are the possible perpetrators of retaliation or crime absolved, but there is such a thing as common sense...and common sense is not necessarily enforced by law.

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 04:10 PM
That's the whole point. Erin Andrews wears skin tight clothes and is not harrassed like what the Jets did to Sainz. Yeah Ray Malauaga did a silly dance behind her once but that's the extent of it in the professional world.

I mentioned on another thread that I am a teacher...

Every so often, I am required to meet with parents...some of those parents are mothers who dress inappropriately for a meeting with their child's teacher...

What do you think would happen if I subjected a student's mother to catcalls and/or other unprofessional conduct during the parent/teacher conference?

Would it make it any better for me if I told my principal or superintendent that she was dressed provocatively and obviously wanted the attention?

The focus of the matter should be the lack of professional conduct on the part of the Jets organization...at the workplace, part of their job is to treat Ines Sainz as professionally as I am required to treat the inappropriately dressed parents of my students...

BradshawsHairdresser
09-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Every so often, I am required to meet with parents...some of those parents are mothers who dress inappropriately for a meeting with their child's teacher...

What do you think would happen if I subjected a student's mother to catcalls and/or other unprofessional conduct during the parent/teacher conference?

Would it make it any better for me if I told my principal or superintendent that she was dressed provocatively and obviously wanted the attention?

The focus of the matter should be the lack of professional conduct on the part of the Jets organization...at the workplace, part of their job is to treat Ines Sainz as professionally as I am required to treat the inappropriately dressed parents of my students...

Stated very articulately and intelligently. Nice job. I can't disagree with you.

But I still have to go along with the OP, that the best policy for the NFL to adopt would be closed locker rooms, with players made available for interviews afterward, in a more appropriate setting.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-15-2010, 05:14 PM

Well, you are a good guy, and it sounds like you're probably an awesome teacher too!

I'm really having a hard time getting my brain to catch up with my gut on this. It "feels" wrong to me that the players are in danger of sanction/punishment for the minor things that were reported as having happened.

The difference, perhaps, is that these are not teachers, or doctors, etc. These are football players. I don't think, in the locker room, they should necessarily be held to the same standard.

My thoughts, reasoning, and comments still sounds lame to me ... :cry: Maybe I should have majored in philosophy or something ...

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 05:17 PM
The parent teacher conference analogy makes zero sense.

Its football. It was a locker room. She has a reputation of being unprofessional and tacky with her work. She wasn't offended and is used to being treated as such.

If she was truly offended she would put on more clothes or work for a station that doesn't require painted on jeans.

grotonsteel
09-15-2010, 05:36 PM
I would say whats the big deal that Jets players passed lewd comments...If you enter a Men's Locker Room in size 3 jeans you are going to get that no matter what.

But i want to ask the media and fcuking douche a-hole commish who always take high moral ground...how is this different from Ben situation in Gerogia...????

A girl enters a room with nude guys with Size 3 jeans and cleavage showing top,sizing up men and in Ben case a drunk girl with DTF, had sex with some other guy couple of hours ago,Following Ben and literally throwing herself on Ben...What are guys suppose to do??

Ben got 6 games...and JETS...i am waiting douchebag commish....JETS have tarnished the shield....Take away their 1st and 2nd Rd draft pick...

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 05:51 PM
The difference between this and GA is the chick already said this isn't a big deal and has been blown out of proportioin. She hasn't accused anyone of rape or assault.

My question is WTF are you smoking to try to connect the 2 incidents? I can see if you were joking but dude...

GOODELL DOESN'T READ PLANET STEELERS. STOP ASKING HIM WHY HE WON'T ACT ON PETTY SH!T.

Its rather annoying

grotonsteel
09-15-2010, 06:05 PM
The difference between this and GA is the chick already said this isn't a big deal and has been blown out of proportioin. She hasn't accused anyone of rape or assault.

My question is WTF are you smoking to try to connect the 2 incidents? I can see if you were joking but dude...

GOODELL DOESN'T READ PLANET STEELERS. STOP ASKING HIM WHY HE WON'T ACT ON PETTY SH!T.

Its rather annoying

I don't think the girl said its alright to sexually harrass me...She said she has accepted the apology from Woody but she was not comfortable reporting for Jets...Didn't Georgia girl dropped the case???? How are these situation not similar???

Also this is not PETTY ****...It got national media...It created an image that NFL players are horn dogs and it tarnished the shield..

People on this board who gave reason that XYZ player did not garnered media attention hence Goodell did not suspend him. How about this incident??? You think it put Jets and NFL in a great situation???? :roll:

You can't get involved in sexual harassment at a workplace. You simply can't. Just because a girl walks nude into your cabin does not give you right to bang her.

Who cares if he reads this MB or not...i am going to call out Goodell for his stupidity..if it hurts your feeling..can't help..

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Well, you are a good guy, and it sounds like you're probably an awesome teacher too!

I'm really having a hard time getting my brain to catch up with my gut on this. It "feels" wrong to me that the players are in danger of sanction/punishment for the minor things that were reported as having happened.

The difference, perhaps, is that these are not teachers, or doctors, etc. These are football players. I don't think, in the locker room, they should necessarily be held to the same standard.

My thoughts, reasoning, and comments still sounds lame to me ... :cry: Maybe I should have majored in philosophy or something ...

Thank you for the compliment...I try very hard...

It can be difficult to divorce your feelings from your reasoning...I often have the same difficulty, but not in this case...

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 09:09 PM
The parent teacher conference analogy makes zero sense.

Its football. It was a locker room. She has a reputation of being unprofessional and tacky with her work. She wasn't offended and is used to being treated as such.

If she was truly offended she would put on more clothes or work for a station that doesn't require painted on jeans.

It's football...Correct. It is PROFESSIONAL football...One of the things that these men get paid to do is be respectful of female reporters, regardless of appearance or fashion sense...

It was a locker room...Again, correct. It is the locker room of the New York Jets football club, the employers of the Jets football players. This didn't take place at a bar. It took place where these guys work...

I won't disagree that she should dress differently...however, that does not enter into the equation here...whatever she may wear has no bearing upon how those players and coachers are required to treat her...the rules of their professional conduct do not take that into account, just as the rules of my professional conduct do not take into account how a parent may be dressed...

It is part of the job...not the main part. but a part nonetheless...if these players are going to accept hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation, then they should have to fulfill every single one of the job requirements...

stlrz d
09-15-2010, 11:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ward-media (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a8e01a/article/league-reminds-teams-about-proper-conduct-toward-media)

League reminds teams about proper conduct toward media

* Associated Press
* Published: Sept. 15, 2010 at 03:12 p.m.
* Updated: Sept. 15, 2010 at 04:36 p.m.

NEW YORK -- The NFL sent a memo Tuesday reminding all 32 teams of its equal access and conduct policy toward the media following a TV Azteca reporter's comments that she was uncomfortable in the New York Jets' locker room last weekend.

"Women are a common part of the sports media," said the memo, which had the policy attached. "By law, women must be granted the same rights to perform their jobs as men. Please remember that women reporters are professionals and should be treated as such."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello also sent an email to the Association of Women in Sports Media restating league policy.

Reporter Ines Sainz, who works for the Mexican television network, said she was uncomfortable Saturday in the Jets' locker room, where a few players made catcalls as she waited with two male co-workers to interview quarterback Mark Sanchez, who is of Mexican descent. An assistant coach also seemed to deliberately throw footballs to players near where Sainz was standing on the sideline during practice.

The NFL also reacted Tuesday when Clinton Portis, the outspoken running back for the Washington Redskins, said in his weekly appearance on a radio: "I think you put women reporters in the locker room in position to see guys walking around naked, and you sit in the locker room with 53 guys, and all of the sudden you see a nice woman in the locker room. I think men are going to tend to turn and look and want to say something to that woman."

Aiello said the comments were "clearly inappropriate, offensive, and have no place in the NFL."

Then the Redskins issued a statement by Portis, who said he was "wrong to make the comments" and that he respects the job reporters do.

The Redskins said they "will take the necessary steps" to remind players about acting in a professional manner.

"I didn't address it with the team, but I did talk to Clinton," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday. "I think everybody read Clinton's apology, and my conversation with him is private, but I think he said what he needed to say."

League policy further states that women reporters are "assigned to cover NFL teams for the same reasons as their male counterparts -- because they are professional reporters with an interest in sports. When female reporters are in your locker room, they are there in a professional capacity."

AWSM said it was in contact with the NFL about Portis' remarks and appreciated the league's swift response.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said league representatives spoke to specific players Tuesday as part of its investigation into what happened. He also volunteered to talk to the NFL.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

grotonsteel
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a8e01a/article/league-reminds-teams-about-proper-conduct-toward-media

Ohh but i thought this incident was PETTY SH!T...no damage done to the shield....Wonder why is NFL sending memo to 32 teams and made Woody/Clinton Portis apologize??? :roll:

SteelAbility
09-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Truth be told, there is a lack of professionalism on both sides here.

Slapstick
09-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Truth be told, there is a lack of professionalism on both sides here.

I don't think anybody disagrees...

But, as previously stated, two wrongs don't make a right...

feltdizz
09-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is also good sense.

If a white man wears a KKK outfit and dances around in a predominantly poor, black part of a city/town then would he really expect no trouble

I automatically think of the inusrance commercial that has people dancing crazy... But with a kkk hood on in the hood.

fezziwig
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I never thought that women should be allowed in the mens locker room. Even as a man I wouldn't feel comfortable as a player or reporter while guys are dressing, showering or what have you. Allow these players to go to a press conference room prior or after their showers. Why do they feel the need to rush these players and not allow them to get dressed ?

Some police departments do not even allow the male officer to pat down a women suspect and they'll wait for a female officer to arrive. It's not the same thing as a locker room but, if a cop needs to wait then why not a news reporter. These reporters want to speak of their rights to interview or what ever but, what about the rights of a person not wanting the opposite sex around while they are in the buff ?

I'm not saying what the Jets players did or supposed have done makes it okay beacuse she was in the locker room.

Didn't this stuff happen years ago Post Patricheats ?

Dee Dub
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM

I thought I was going to have to read this entire thread before I found some one who actually knew what happened here in this situation.

Correct. This did not happen in a locker room. On the practice field.

But since someone just assumed it was the “Ol- locker-room-woman-shouldn’t-have-been-in-there-in-the-first-place routine…….makes you think this poster would have been chucking footballs and insults himself. :wink:

Slapstick
09-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Actually, it did happen in the locker room...she attended the practice where the balls were thrown at her feet or whatever else happened there...

After practice, she went into the locker room to interview Mark Sanchez, who was a gentleman (according to her), but the other players made her uncomfortable...it was from the locker room that she sent her now infamous tweet...

feltdizz
09-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Why the heck was the sexiest entertainer in Mexico in the lockerroom after a practice? This all sounds like she played the American media.... notice how there is no momentum with this story?

Once she tweeted a pic of what she had on she lost a ton of credibility.

Non story.

hawaiiansteel
09-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Lance Briggs says women shouldn't be in locker rooms

Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2010

Right about now, the folks at 280 Park Avenue have to feel like the owners of 101 dalmatian puppies, who inevitably will be doing what puppies do all over the floor -- forcing the owners of the puppies to continuously look for the next pile to clean up.

The latest mess in the Ines Sainz affair has been created by Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, who would if he had his way disregard 33 years of legal precedent and eject females from the locker room.

"I don't think women should be in the locker room," Bears linebacker Lance Briggs told NBCChicago.com. "The locker room is the place where us guys, us football players, we dress, we shower, we're naked, we're walking around and we're bombarded by media. A lot of times I'm asking the media to wait until I'm dressed."

The problem is that women are entitled to equal access to the sports reporters' workplace, and the sports reporters' workplace includes the locker room. So unless and until the NFL or any other professional sports league decides to make players available only after they have showered and dressed and chased Uter with a wet towel, women will have every right to be in the locker room.

Look for Briggs to soon "clarify" his comments, after the league office points out to him that his remarks prove that he's full of something other than chocolate. Or brains.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ker-rooms/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/lance-briggs-says-women-shouldnt-be-in-locker-rooms/)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Who said it best above ...

I'm willing to entertain arguments of impropriety the very instant guys are allowed to be in the USTA locker room when Anna Kournikova and all those other girls are running around naked.

It's just professional sports reporting, right?

Flasteel
09-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Who said it best above ...

I'm willing to entertain arguments of impropriety the very instant guys are allowed to be in the USTA locker room when Anna Kournikova and all those other girls are running around naked.

It's just professional sports reporting, right?

That's an individual sport...a little different. Men are actually allowed in the NCAA women's and WNBA locker rooms. The girls just don't run around naked.

You get some great quotes out of a locker room that you won't get at a press table, interview room, or any other location. As long as there is no double-standard, nobody should really be complaining. You are there to do a job. The rule of thumb is just keep your head up and eyes forward.

kiwi_sarah
09-17-2010, 12:15 AM
The rule of thumb is just keep your head up and eyes forward.

Oh. Waste of time my going after those credentials then :)

hawaiiansteel
09-17-2010, 12:32 AM

I'm very interested in the job of interviewing Anna Kournikova in the locker room...where do I apply? 8)

NJ-STEELER
09-17-2010, 02:30 AM

Its rather annoying

I don't think the girl said its alright to sexually harrass me...She said she has accepted the apology from Woody but she was not comfortable reporting for Jets...Didn't Georgia girl dropped the case???? How are these situation not similar???

Also this is not PETTY bad word...It got national media...It created an image that NFL players are horn dogs and it tarnished the shield..

People on this board who gave reason that XYZ player did not garnered media attention hence Goodell did not suspend him. How about this incident??? You think it put Jets and NFL in a great situation???? :roll:

You can't get involved in sexual harassment at a workplace. You simply can't. Just because a girl walks nude into your cabin does not give you right to bang her.

Who cares if he reads this MB or not...i am going to call out Goodell for his stupidity..if it hurts your feeling..can't help..

please find the rules

you can only bring up sexual harassment in the workplace when not supporting ben

grotonsteel
09-17-2010, 10:16 AM

Its rather annoying

Also this is not PETTY bad word...It got national media...It created an image that NFL players are horn dogs and it tarnished the shield..

please find the rules

you can only bring up sexual harassment in the workplace when not supporting ben

My bad... :wink: :D

feltdizz
09-17-2010, 10:23 AM
what does Ben have to do with a sexual harassment story?

I'll wait...

MCHammer
09-17-2010, 11:46 AM
This is another made-for-media "scandal" that allows sports reporters to talk about the one thing they enjoy more than talking about sports, which is talking about themselves. The last few days I've heard at least 3 different talking heads on 93.7 "the Fan" cast themselves as selfless defenders of women reporters as if the only reasonable position on this issue is full access to the locker rooms for men and women on an equal basis.

Um, well - you could also just ban locker room access to everyone at least until all the players have their clothes on and require professional dress, but that would require letting media hangers-on who are not part of the team to miss out on some of the post-game celebration. We can't have that now, can we?

The NFL also has egg on its face here as it winked at Inez's routine for years and now they are shocked - shocked! - that a woman who blantantly trades on sex appeal was subjected to locker room humor inside a lockeroom.

I'm not defending boorish behavior by Jets players, but Inez and the NFL itself are also to blame. Goodell needs to get off his high horse and stop mucking up everything he touches. In fact, it would be better off he simply stopped touching everything. I miss Tagliabue.

feltdizz
09-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Bill Simmon's of ESPN wrote this:

I'd compare Week 1 to the overblown Ines Sainz controversy, which -- coincidentally -- happened during Week 1. Yeah, something definitely happened. (In this case, a sexy woman who finagled a media credential and pretends to be a reporter -- someone who once walked around a Super Bowl media day having a "Measure Your Biceps" contest, and who once allowed herself to be photographed on the shoulders of Colts players like they were showing off a deer's head -- attended a Jets practice and caused a few horny football players to act like Neanderthals.) Yeah, there are a few conclusions to be drawn. (In this case, "Don't build your sports reporting career around the 'I WANT SOME ATTENTION, I AM ATTRACTIVE, LOOK AT HOW I'M DRESSED!!!' platform, then act indignant when the good-natured attention you got wasn't exactly what you wanted," as well as "Just because an attractive reporter with no real credentials happens to be standing on your sideline doesn't mean you have to boorishly hit on her like Don Draper after five drinks.") But did we really learn anything?

Women should dress and act professionally if they want to be taken seriously as sports journalists? We knew that already.

Professional football players have the capacity to become hooting construction workers while in the presence of someone clearly striving to be a sex symbol and not a reporter? We knew that already, too.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-17-2010, 12:53 PM
When will Brian Baldinger lose his NFL Network Job?

NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger is the latest prominent football figure to add his voice to the Ines Sainz controversy.

Baldinder said that the New York Jets did nothing wrong in their interactions with Mexican TV last Saturday. The league has launched an investigation into whether harassment took place.

LANCE BRIGGS: Bears LB says women shouldn't be allowed in locker rooms

Baldinger, a former NFL offensive lineman, said that Sainz was dressed too provocatively when she visited the Jets' practice and locker room and that the Jets were "just having fun."

Said Baldinger, in an interview 97.5-FM in Philadelphia:

"If you come to the NFL and you're dressed the way she's dressed, you're only asking ... I mean I don't know how in the world you can defend any of the actions. I mean the boys are just having fun. But this is one of the most striking, most beautilful girls ot ever walk the planet. I mean, you have to look."

Sainz said originally that she felt uncomfortable in the Jets' locker room as players made mention of her appearance. She added in interviews on Tuesday that she did not feel that the Jets had acted inappropriately and that she did not file a complaint to prompt the investigation.

Jets owner Woody Johnson called Sainz to apologize for his players' behavior, but Baldinder said that wasn't necessary.

"I don't believe the Jets are wrong at all," Baldinder said. "All they were doing is having fun.

"If she walked into any locker room in the league, the exact same thing would have happened."

-- Sean Leahy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-17-2010, 12:55 PM
When will Brian Baldinger lose his NFL Network Job?

NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger is the latest prominent football figure to add his voice to the Ines Sainz controversy.

Baldinder said that the New York Jets did nothing wrong in their interactions with Mexican TV last Saturday. The league has launched an investigation into whether harassment took place.

LANCE BRIGGS: Bears LB says women shouldn't be allowed in locker rooms

Baldinger, a former NFL offensive lineman, said that Sainz was dressed too provocatively when she visited the Jets' practice and locker room and that the Jets were "just having fun."

Said Baldinger, in an interview 97.5-FM in Philadelphia:

"If you come to the NFL and you're dressed the way she's dressed, you're only asking ... I mean I don't know how in the world you can defend any of the actions. I mean the boys are just having fun. But this is one of the most striking, most beautilful girls ot ever walk the planet. I mean, you have to look."

Sainz said originally that she felt uncomfortable in the Jets' locker room as players made mention of her appearance. She added in interviews on Tuesday that she did not feel that the Jets had acted inappropriately and that she did not file a complaint to prompt the investigation.

Jets owner Woody Johnson called Sainz to apologize for his players' behavior, but Baldinder said that wasn't necessary.

"I don't believe the Jets are wrong at all," Baldinder said. "All they were doing is having fun.

"If she walked into any locker room in the league, the exact same thing would have happened."

-- Sean Leahy

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~ma05/dulis/fo/images/mccarthy.JPG

http://donmilleris.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/HolyGrailWitchHunt.jpg

Slapstick
09-17-2010, 02:41 PM
The "She was asking for it" defense is still lame and stupid...

Brian Baldinger advocating this defense does not change that...in fact, it makes it appear even lamer and more stupid, if possible... :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Goodell is going to bring Baldinger into his office for a stern talking-to. If he wants to keep his job with the league-owned NFL Network, Brian is going to have to "pinky-swear" that he will never do something like this again.

http://www.allanstanglin.com/wp-content/uploads/brianbaldingerfinger.jpg

:lol:

MCHammer
09-17-2010, 03:48 PM

You keep repeating this as if the woman was raped or sexually assaulted. Even SHE is claiming it was fairly harmless and just "games." [“I never felt attacked, nor that they reacted grossly toward me,” she said. “I arrived in the locker room and there were comments and games...I thought (the players) were joking around.” ]

What we have here seems to be a kneejerk overeaction by the NFL and media-made controversy. I'm not one to blame the victim. I'm just not sure there really was a victim here. I haven't even heard anything specific that was allegedly done beyond catcalls, whistles and guys running routes near her to get some attention and flirt. Let's not turn this into something it was not.

Based on the extent of the behavior she encountered - one could draw the completely logical inference that yes, she was asking for it, she enjoyed it and is now taking it to the bank. Maybe some details will come out about specific statements made by specific players that are really degrading and explicitly sexual, but if it's just whistles and hoots I think the republic will survive without the need to suspend people or fire anyone.

A simple reminder to all NFL players by the league of the appropriate standards for interaction with media should do just fine.

It would also be nice if the NFL would perhaps consider how appropriate it is for "reporters" to wear revealing clothing and run around playing on their sex appeal to get interviews. If you want to be treated like a professional and given the same rights and privileges of other professional news reporters, I don't really think it is too much to ask that you act like one too.

feltdizz
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
When she went into the team's locker room to interview QB Mark Sanchez, who has Mexican heritage, she said she heard comments from players such as "Oh my goodness she's here," and "OK, I want to be Mexican."
-courtesy of USATODAY.

:shock:

I think this thread needs a good ole :Boobs to bring us back to reality.

feltdizz
09-17-2010, 03:52 PM

You keep repeating this as if the woman was raped or sexually assaulted. Even SHE is claiming it was fairly harmless and just "games." [“I never felt attacked, nor that they reacted grossly toward me,” she said. “I arrived in the locker room and there were comments and games...I thought (the players) were joking around.” ]

What we have here seems to be a kneejerk overeaction by the NFL and media-made controversy. I'm not one to blame the victim. I'm just not sure there really was a victim here. I haven't even heard anything specific that was allegedly done beyond catcalls, whistles and guys running routes near her to get some attention and flirt. Let's not turn this into something it was not.

Based on the extent of the behavior she encountered - one could draw the completely logical inference that yes, she was asking for it, she enjoyed it and is now taking it to the bank. Maybe some details will come out about specific statements made by specific players that are really degrading and explicitly sexual, but if it's just whistles and hoots I think the republic will survive without the need to suspend people or fire anyone.

A simple reminder to all NFL players by the league of the appropriate standards for interaction with media should do just fine.

It would also be nice if the NFL would perhaps consider how appropriate it is for "reporters" to wear revealing clothing and run around playing on their sex appeal to get interviews. If you want to be treated like a professional and given the same rights and privileges of other professional news reporters, I don't really think it is too much to ask that you act like one too.

but it's still lame and stupid... :stirpot