PDA

View Full Version : Jets suck, and Rats look very beatable.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-13-2010, 10:23 PM
The whole game sucked.

Sanchez ... who knows if he sucks, but obviously his coach must think he does, with the straight jacket he kept him in.

jj28west
09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I know its one game but the Ravens concern me on both sides of the ball. You want to test the DB's with running Wallace deep but you need to have time to do this. I dont know but BA will definately earn his paycheck on this game.

Djfan
09-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Agreed. Neither team impressed me. With Ben it's us and the cheats so far. One week (or weak) I know, but I haven't seen much.

BURGH86STEEL
09-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I thought it was a good defensive battle. Steelers will face a formidable challenge when they have to face those teams.

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Im less concerned with Houston, NE and Indy than i am with these two...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-13-2010, 11:13 PM
It is always hard to tell if a game like this is due to poor offense or great D, but a few things that I will say.....

Mark Sanchez is obviously a better QB than Ben. He does not hang on to the ball too long like Ben does. :lol:

Seriously, this guy was being compared to Ben last season after the Jets won their first three games??? I was surprised that he sometimes stopped backpeddaling before unloading he was getting it out so quick. And with all that he averaged less than 4 yards per attempt. He never went downfield and yet still could not complete 50% of his passes.

The other thing that stuck out for me is the undisciplined and stupid play of the D. 6 Baltimore first downs by penalty. A third and 28 in which Cromartie holds the receiver who is running a 5 yard in pattern. 176 yards of offense and 125 penalty yards. This was a very sloppy display by the Jets.

DukieBoy
09-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Missed the game. See that Boldin had 7 catches - was he on Revis Island tonight ? Apparently not. Doushman had only one catch. Looks like the Jests only had 42 offensive plays.

hawaiiansteel
09-14-2010, 12:00 AM
I can't stand the Ravens but Haloti Ngata is a friggen' beast!!

http://www.penguinpride.com/i08/ngata.jpg

papillon
09-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Missed the game. See that Boldin had 7 catches - was he on Revis Island tonight ? Apparently not. Doushman had only one catch. Looks like the Jests only had 42 offensive plays.

I believe Flacco targeted a WR on Revis Island once or twice all night. On the other hand Cromarie and the rookie Kyle Wilson got three weeks worth of work in all in one night.

Pappy

Lonbull
09-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Jets - Have a great defense, a fantastic run game - but can't pass the ball - unless Sanchez figures it out I think the Jets are like the old school Ravens where they'll have to win games with defense - once again it's the Patriots division to lose.

Ravens - We'll know more when their secondary is challenged - the Jets don't match up well against them at all. The Bengals however will be a very interesting test.

L.B.

Oviedo
09-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Sanchez sucks. Flacco is good but nothing special. He is a game manager in that system.

The Ratbirds front seven is formidable but their secondary will be shredded by a team that actually has a good QB.

Not concerned about the Jets at all especially their offense. Their defensive secondary is terrible. They are no better than a 9-7 team.

stlrz d
09-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Was just doing some browsing on the ESPN AFCN blog. As one could have predicted the Ravens fans are going on and on about the greatness of their team...the one that managed a whopping 10 points against the Jets. Keep in mind, they had their starting 10. They were only missing one O lineman...Yanda was in place of Gathier. Their offensive "juggernaut" should have destroyed the Jets.

Btw, when is the last time anyone here saw Ray Lewis shed a block before making a tackle???

Stewie
09-14-2010, 09:05 AM
It was a battle of great defenses. The Jets were especially stout against the run. Their pass defense (secondary) was a little suspicious. Flacco had the deer-in-the-headlights look for most of the night. Sanchez just plain sucked. Faneca's replacement at right guard got run over a coupla times.

ramblinjim
09-14-2010, 09:18 AM
I was surprised that they didn't at least take a couple of shots at Revis since he's missed so much time. That said, they did a good job picking on Cromartie and the Rookie from Boise State.

One thing is for sure though, either the Ravens defense of 2000 has been resurrected or the Jets offense flat out sucks. One or the other.

Oviedo
09-14-2010, 09:33 AM
I was surprised that they didn't at least take a couple of shots at Revis since he's missed so much time. That said, they did a good job picking on Cromartie and the Rookie from Boise State.

One thing is for sure though, either the Ravens defense of 2000 has been resurrected or the Jets offense flat out sucks. One or the other.

Jets offense sucked and really never challenged the DBs for Baltimore. I think we will start to see holes in the Ravens defense this weekend when they play the Bumgals.

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Not sure what game some of you were watching but it was an epic defensive battle IMO. Flacco has a big arm but he is terrible underneath.

The Jets are stout against the run and blitz like crazy, it's all about finding the 1 on 1 match up but you have to be quick about it.

Sanchez is another USC check down master.. doesn't even think about throwing down field.

Ray Lewis crushed a TE something terrible. People talk about how old he is but the guy can still bring it. Ngata is a beast... I didn't hear Mt. Cody's name one time... either he was inactive or is still on the bench.

I have to give the Jets credit... they have Revis... went and got Cromartie and also drafted the Boise CB in the first round. They treat the CB position like we treat the LB position.

steelblood
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I think the Ravens suffered from 3 first half turnovers, but looked pretty good overall otherwise. The Jets have a good D, but the Ravens were still able to move the ball pretty well. The Ravens D looked pretty good with a patchwork secondary (it helped that they were playing Sanchez). Sanchez is terrible and the Jets O-line has some issues.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-14-2010, 10:19 AM

Revis spent most of the night on Mason and did a very nice job. Mason did get away a couple of times but would have still needed a perfect throw. One thing that Mason does very well is sell the double move. Revis was on to that.

MCHammer
09-14-2010, 11:19 AM
The other thing that stuck out for me is the undisciplined and stupid play of the D. 6 Baltimore first downs by penalty. A third and 28 in which Cromartie holds the receiver who is running a 5 yard in pattern. 176 yards of offense and 125 penalty yards. This was a very sloppy display by the Jets.

Yeah, as much as I wanted Baltimore to lose it was hard not to want the Jets to get their comeuppance. Who would have thought a team coached by a loud-mouthed slob surrounded by media distractions would give the game away on dumb penalties? :oops:

Sanchez deserves blame, but chalk this loss up chiefly to Ryan. It's not all about you Rex.

steelcurtain44
09-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Not sure what game some of you were watching but it was an epic defensive battle IMO. Flacco has a big arm but he is terrible underneath.

The Jets are stout against the run and blitz like crazy, it's all about finding the 1 on 1 match up but you have to be quick about it.

Sanchez is another USC check down master.. doesn't even think about throwing down field.

Ray Lewis crushed a TE something terrible. People talk about how old he is but the guy can still bring it. Ngata is a beast... I didn't hear Mt. Cody's name one time... either he was inactive or is still on the bench.

I have to give the Jets credit... they have Revis... went and got Cromartie and also drafted the Boise CB in the first round. They treat the CB position like we treat the LB position.

I'm with you felt. I saw 2 great defensive teams. The games reminded me of any Steelers vs. Ratbirds game. Great defense and whichever offense can make a play, and no mistakes. Last night it was the Ratbirds. And please people Lewis is still formidable. You may not like him, which is one's perogative, but to say he can't play is ridiculous.

Steelers>NFL
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM

I'm with you felt. I saw 2 great defensive teams. The games reminded me of any Steelers vs. Ratbirds game. Great defense and whichever offense can make a play, and no mistakes. Last night it was the Ratbirds. And please people Lewis is still formidable. You may not like him, which is one's perogative, but to say he can't play is ridiculous.

Give credit where it is due, the Ravens will be a force to be reckon with this season.
I am not suggesting SB title. But They will be the team that gives Steelers fits all season long. Both Steelers and Ravens are 1-0. Right now, no-one is better than the other IMO.

sentinel33
09-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Sanchez is not all that. The Ravens werent even tested defensively. When they go up against a better than average QB we will begin to see what there secondary is truly made of. There next game Vs The Bengals will be more of an eyeopener. There cb's will get dusted like we know they will. Then we will see if Flacco's game has evolved. Also, the jets gave them the game with all of those penalties. How the game goes against Cinnci will be a good idea of how things will go for us in a few weeks. The Bengals are a good team and people need to realize that. They swept the division last year for crying out loud. This will be a hotly contested division and it will come down to who can not lose to the Bownies, who can win on the road and who can commit fewer mistakes/penalties. Roll on Pittsburgh. Roll on Steelers!

Djfan
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Both defenses will come out of that game with great stats - because both offenses (except Boldin) sucked. The Rats don't scare me anymore. Take away the USFL play by the Jests and you have a D that didn't really do much.

This was one of the worst games I have seen in a while.

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Sanchez is not all that. The Ravens werent even tested defensively. When they go up against a better than average QB we will begin to see what there secondary is truly made of. There next game Vs The Bengals will be more of an eyeopener. There cb's will get dusted like we know they will. Then we will see if Flacco's game has evolved. Also, the jets gave them the game with all of those penalties. How the game goes against Cinnci will be a good idea of how things will go for us in a few weeks. The Bengals are a good team and people need to realize that. They swept the division last year for crying out loud. This will be a hotly contested division and it will come down to who can not lose to the Bownies, who can win on the road and who can commit fewer mistakes/penalties. Roll on Pittsburgh. Roll on Steelers!

The Ravens D wasn't tested deep at all. The Bengals will test them though and they are familiar with them so I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals make a game of it.

What about the Pats though? They destroyed the Bengals.... which means Ben may have a field day with their secondary.

Steelers>NFL
09-14-2010, 06:52 PM

The Ravens D wasn't tested deep at all. The Bengals will test them though and they are familiar with them so I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals make a game of it.

What about the Pats though? They destroyed the Bengals.... which means Ben may have a field day with their secondary.LOL! Who cares if he has a field day.
As long as he/Steelers win!

steelernation77
09-14-2010, 07:04 PM

Not sure what game you were watching but both Cromartie and Kyle Wilson looked like absolute crap.

DukieBoy
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Don't believe the media hype on Snachez. Doubt Stonio will have much of a year with that QB. Their D is good, but now Jenkins is gone.

JTP53609
09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
if you think the ravens or jets suck or will be an easy win then you are living in a fantasy world. The Jets defense is very good and the ravens defense is also very good, yea sanchez could not hit the side of a barn standing 2 feet away from it, but it was the first game. I hate the ravens but if we beat them it is not because they are easy...