PDA

View Full Version : ESPN = TMZ?

jj28west
09-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Watching the MNF game and the heavyweight defensive battle and out of nowhere Michelle Tafoya reports about how the Jets acted innapropriately to a Mexican reporter http://sportsroids.com/2009/04/12/ines- ... -reporter/ (http://sportsroids.com/2009/04/12/ines-sainz-has-a-butt-sent-from-heaven-and-is-one-hot-sports-reporter/)

I am not defending the Jets if its true but I tuned in to watch a football game. I think the whole Ben drama has me fed up with discussing & judging the morals of a players actions in his private life. What I get out of it is that we lost Ben for 4 games and have to deal with it.

I dont know maybe I am in the minority and the audience that watches MNF want to know about this dirt that the bottom feeders dig up.

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2010, 09:09 PM
In this case, ESPN will harm their own ratings tonight if they denigrate one of the teams playing. By reporting on Ben during the off-season, they were able to boost their ratings.

Crash
09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
You are just realizing that now? ESTMZPN destroyed Ben in the media.

papillon
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM

Is there any topic that you can't turn into a "Ben was wronged" thread? :HeadBanger

Pappy

Slapstick
09-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Is there any topic that you can't turn into a "Ben was wronged" thread? :HeadBanger

Pappy

Ben was wronged...

Oviedo
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM

Pappy

When appropriate use it. The sensationalism that ESPN ( and NFL Network) perpetuates to get ratings is no different than TMZ or the Enquirer.

Pappy--you're in denial if you think that did not feed the media attacks on Ben and the idiot commish's decisions. This was about turning down the volume and getting the attention diverted. No one has ever said Ben didn't screw up or put himself in a bad situation. The issue has always been about the punishment which was about Goodell getting the media off his and the NFL's back.

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Pappy

When appropriate use it. The sensationalism that ESPN ( and NFL Network) perpetuates to get ratings is no different than TMZ or the Enquirer.

Pappy--you're in denial if you think that did not feed the media attacks on Ben and the idiot commish's decisions. This was about turning down the volume and getting the attention diverted. No one has ever said Ben didn't screw up or put himself in a bad situation. The issue has always been about the punishment which was about Goodell getting the media off his and the NFL's back.

I don't think Pap is in denial at all.. I think he is just over it.

More cheese with the whine? I think that is where Pap was going with this. 8)