PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say...

eniparadoxgma
09-13-2010, 08:05 PM
That here, in basically Bungle-land (about 70 miles away and them being the closest NFL team), it was very amusing walking around the University of Kentucky's campus today. I was decked out in my throwback Troy jersey and Steelers hat and got a few compliments. I also saw at least a few other Steeler jerseys and shirts. Meanwhile, I saw ZERO Bungles gear.

I actually saw some Bungles stuff before Sunday. Of course, I saw nothing after their first loss. I'm never surprised anymore but I'm always amused at the fair-weather nature of their "fan base".

:bungalssuck

Yep, I started two threads today. So there. :)

D Rock
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
same thing down here in Dallas. I go to a fairly small school...only see maybe 100 people a day.

Today there was no one in Dallas gear, 2 people with Steelers shirts.

The one girl said she married into a Steelers family and she's already wearing the gear. Love it.

Flasteel
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
I will say that I do not represent after a loss. I have a "Victory Shirt" that I wear after each win. The entire week following a victory, the magnets and other Steeler bling are plastered on the Steeler Jeep.

When we lose, that stuff goes away until the following game day. I'm usually in a surly mood the day after a loss and do not want to be reminded of the game on any level. No representing; no NFL-related TV, print, or radio coverage; no Monday Night football (usually); and no unsolicited football conversations.

I'm just glad that I can proudly represent more than fans of just about every other team. :tt2

Ozey74
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I was in Pittsburgh for the game against the Browns the year after we won SB 40. The game was in December and the Steelers were basically out of playoff contention. I had lunch at a Panera Bread the day after the game during lunch hour. The place had a nice crowd and about half the people were in Steeler gear.

It was nice. The Steelers have the best fans in the world!

:Beer

SteelCrazy
09-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I will say that I do not represent after a loss. I have a "Victory Shirt" that I wear after each win. The entire week following a victory, the magnets and other Steeler bling are plastered on the Steeler Jeep.

When we lose, that stuff goes away until the following game day. I'm usually in a surly mood the day after a loss and do not want to be reminded of the game on any level. No representing; no NFL-related TV, print, or radio coverage; no Monday Night football (usually); and no unsolicited football conversations.

I'm just glad that I can proudly represent more than fans of just about every other team. :tt2

Will you talk male figure skating?? Because we have an awesome chat room set up every Sunday night @ 11:30!!!

eniparadoxgma
09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Good stuff, D and Oz.

FLA: I wear the Black and Gold regardless of whether we win or lose. Dunno man.

steelblood
09-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I live just north of Cincinnati. The fans are huge fair weather fans. Most sports bars here are overrun with Steelers and Browns fans. Lived in Cleveland too. Tons of Steeler gear and fans there. Also, grew up near Pittsburgh. Never saw Browns or Bengals gear unless their teams were in town. It really is amazing.

drprwnap
09-14-2010, 09:17 AM

You don't proudly represent if you run and hide after a loss. If you were REALLY proud you would fly the colors win or lose. :moon

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM

I'm the same way... I don't wear victory or defeat gear but after a loss it's no ESPN, no NFLnet for at least 3 days until they start talking about next weeks matchups.

ikestops85
09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
It doesn't matter if we win or lose I will still sport the gear. My office has Steeler magnets, cups, beer cans, etc. which are displayed all year round. I do boycott ESPN, NFL Network and just about any other sports show when they lose. Last year was tough not watching any sports program for 5 freakin weeks!!

AngryAsian
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I will only dawn Steeler garb when the eyes are slanted and the skin has a hue of yellow... other than that I just can't bring myself to wear anything Black and Gold.

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
I will only dawn Steeler garb when the eyes are slanted and the skin has a hue of yellow... other than that I just can't bring myself to wear anything Black and Gold.

Steel gear only on days that end in "y"

That's my rule, and I'm sticking to it!

Djfan
09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
When your classroom, home, car and wardrobe is as Steelers as mine is, you always represent.

BTW, the Donco's fans are just as lame as Chargers fans, Bungles fans.....

Jigawatts
09-14-2010, 02:29 PM
It was nice walking around the mall Sunday morning and seeing mostly Steelers gear and
very little of the stinky browns. I wish the people who decide the television markets would
take a trip to the Youngstown area. Just because we live in Ohio does not mean that we
like the browns. :evil:

:brownssuck

And while I'm at it, props to Direct Tv for realizing that hockey fans around here are
Penguins fans, not Blue Jackets fans. Glad I don't have to pay that extra $12.99 a
month for the sports pack.

Djfan
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
And while I'm at it, props to Direct Tv for realizing that hockey fans around here are
Penguins fans, not Blue Jackets fans. Glad I don't have to pay that extra $12.99 a
month for the sports pack.

Try living in Avs country!!

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Vacationing down here in Myrtle Beach for the week. I did see one guy wearing a #7 jersey at church on Saturday. No Panthers garb to speak of around here before or after the game, which was nice. I passed at least two Steelers bars yesterday on Rt. 17. Nice to know that the fans represent down here as well!

Flasteel
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM

You don't proudly represent if you run and hide after a loss. If you were REALLY proud you would fly the colors win or lose. :moon

Well, at least I don't rip my Steelers Tat off my arm after each loss. :D

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Vacationing down here in Myrtle Beach for the week. I did see one guy wearing a #7 jersey at church on Saturday. No Panthers garb to speak of around here before or after the game, which was nice. I passed at least two Steelers bars yesterday on Rt. 17. Nice to know that the fans represent down here as well!

I'm diehard and wear Steeler gear practically everywhere...but even I wouldn't wear a jersey to church.

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-15-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm diehard and wear Steeler gear practically everywhere...but even I wouldn't wear a jersey to church.

Agreed. As much as I liked seeing the support, to me it's not the appropriate place. The only thing I do is wear my Steelers tie on occasion, but that's it.