PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw rips Ben again

SteelCrazy
09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-3rsNd ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-3rsNd4w8&feature=player_embedded)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, for one, am getting fed up with Mr. Geriatric.......Didn't he admit in a book that he took advantage of women or treated them with less than respect?

proudpittsburgher
09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
I was thinking of starting this thread but I thought for sure someone else had already done it. Look, I have zero problem with him answering a question when asked. "Mr. Bradshaw, what do you think about ben's suspension?" Honestly, I have zero problem with someone who has become part of the fabric of Pittsburgh spouting off what they think about this. For the record, he hasn't. What TB did on Sunday before the game started, knowing that he had the Pittsburgh audience front and center since he did it right before gametime and on the network the game was to be on, and in the manner in which he did it, was irreprehensible. My opinion of TB has changed forever. I appreciate what he has done for the city. I appreciate all fo the super bowls. I even appreciate the kind words he had when he returned a few years ago to the game. But he is going out of his way to be bitter towards Ben and the way the organization is handleing the situation. and in the end, no one really cares about what TB thinks.

Djfan
09-13-2010, 05:57 PM
:Agree

Just shut up and go away Terrence. Maybe we should ask a couple of ex-wives what they think?

Sugar
09-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Terry just had to spout off, didn't he? Is he really that bitter? What an @$$!!

Snatch98
09-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Had me pretty pissed yesterday. I'm officially sick of the guy. He already ripped him once and the suspension was handed down. Ben is clearly trying to get back on the right track and the season just began and he's still yapping about it. I think because Ben didn't treat him as some golden god immediately damaged his ego. Ben certainly had or has his issues but Bradshaw acting like a b.itch is ridiculous. The man needs to shut up.

Crash
09-13-2010, 06:08 PM
See the sig below....

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Bradshaw's testosterone must have run out because he is acting like a woman. Check out this ghey song he sang about it! :wft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCIC7xIs ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCIC7xIs4JY&feature=related)

Ozey74
09-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Terry just had to spout off, didn't he? Is he really that bitter? What an @$$!!

That crazy old fart has been licking his chops since March to unload like he did on Sunday. I love the guy, but he is kickin' BB while he while he is down & that isn't right IMO.

:Blah

JAR
09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Bradshaw has turned into a complete a$$ now that he's supposedly found 'god'. Bring back the drunken womanizer, he seemed to be a better person.

stlrz d
09-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Disgusting. Someone needs to beat that old man a$$.

Crash
09-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Terry Bradshaw fact of the day:

"I feel I'm good enough to be starting for some team in the NFL this weekend, so if I'm not going to be starting here, I wish they would trade me to a team that needs me"

-Terry Bradshaw September 12 1974

So that's at least two play me or trade me demands in five years for those scoring at home.

Crash
09-14-2010, 12:31 AM
A Terry Bradshaw bonus fact of the day:

"I kept hearing I'd be traded to San Francisco. Man I would love that. I even went so far as to go into the locker room singing 'I left my heart in San Francisco'. Nobody laughed or said a word. I figured maybe I'd get my wish"

DukieBoy
09-14-2010, 07:32 AM
A Terry Bradshaw bonus fact of the day:

"I kept hearing I'd be traded to San Francisco. Man I would love that. I even went so far as to go into the locker room singing 'I left my heart in San Francisco'. Nobody laughed or said a word. I figured maybe I'd get my wish"

Maybe Bradshaw is using Ben to do some self-loathing by proxy. Stop it, Terry. You're stoning someone who's been battered enough. Let him get up and try again. Even criminals get second chances, and there are enough second-chance examples in today's NFL to give you months worth of material if you must keep doing this kind of ranting.

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Terry is jealous of Ben and hates the Steelers. Thats the message i get based on his anti-Ben rant on national TV and stating he would have loved to play for the Saints instead of the Steelers. #1 I can kind of understand but #2 is inexcusable for a guy who played his whole career and won 4 Super Bowls with us.

Notleadpoisoned
09-14-2010, 07:52 AM
I see that another notorious Ben basher is back in the news again today.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010 ... ttery.html (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/09/jay-mariotti-charged-with-domestic-battery.html)

Oviedo
09-14-2010, 07:58 AM
A person who for 4 decades has proven himself to be an utter failure as a husband and father really shouldn't be giving personal advice to anyone. This is all about Terry's ego and his resentment that Ben did not fall down to the alter of Terry.

Terry also likely resents that the city embraced Ben while they treated him like a stupid, country bumpkin and rode him for years.

Bottomline is Terry needs to get over it and himself and move on.

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2010, 08:05 AM
I bet Terry has been calling Ben and Ben isnt taking his calls. :Binky

Ghost
09-14-2010, 08:16 AM
What Terry did on the Fox pregme show wasn't speaking his mind. It wasn't journalistic integrity. It wasn't heroic. It was vitriol. Just plain old hatred and bitterness. It was also pathetic.

Growing up in Pittsburgh in Terry's glory days; he's always been one of my favorite players. Now he can go f*ck himself.

frankthetank1
09-14-2010, 08:19 AM
TB is such a loser. a sad pathetic loser.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I had no problem with his first interview calling out Ben or discussing his relationship. The first thing I had a problem with was when he said the suspension shouldn't be reduced. There was a heated discussion in here about that. But....Terry Bradshaw is quickly decending down my list of all time favorite Steelers. He has went from a Top 5 to somewhere between Tim Worley and Ted Danson...I mean Kent Graham. If he keeps it up, he will fall below Cliff Stout.

Discipline of Steel
09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
He thinks he will find sympathizers in Non-Steeler fans. What a total turncoat.

MCHammer
09-14-2010, 11:27 AM
I've been tough on Ben and remain pretty disappointed in him, but TB's little sermon was way over the line and unnecessary. It's pretty clear to me this was more about TB than Ben as he unnecessarily dragged Ben through the mud on national tv and all but verbally convicted of him of sexual assault.

Some of us have argued back and forth about Ben's behavior and the allegations, but we've all admitted to not knowing the facts and further have never done it on national tv. This is embarrassing to the team and city, and TB was implicitly attacking the Rooneys as TB made clear if he was in charge Ben wouldn't even be on the team. It's time to let it go Terry. You're hardly a shining example of the model teammate or man.

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 11:38 AM
This time it's personal....

it's one thing to answer a question but to keep pounding the dead horse shows Terry really hates Ben something serious.

I haven't even taken the time to listen to it... (I missed the pregame)

Whether you tear into Ben or defend Ben... at this point in time it's over and neither serves any purpose but to reopen a wound that is 3 weeks away from healing.

sentinel33
09-14-2010, 12:18 PM
It's sad, really. If Terry really did find Jesus thats great for him. But theres more to walking that walk than most people realize. He, for one, is only scratching the surface of what it means to be like Christ. I don't want to start any kind of faith-based talk/arguement here. Thats not my point. He should stop judgeing Ben and quit being such a sourpuss over Ben not taking him in as councel. To me, it shows how serious Ben is handleing the situation he put himself in. For him not to take Bradshaws advice shows more growth than if he would have. Terry needs to stop. Someone needs to tell him. Every time the guy opens his mouth his reputation/legend gets more and more tarnished and I'm tired of it and looking at this thread we all are. Roll on Pittsburgh. Roll on Steelers!

grotonsteel
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Its time for Terry to up his Aricept dose before he s%^ts his brain completely.

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 04:07 PM
It's sad, really. If Terry really did find Jesus thats great for him. But theres more to walking that walk than most people realize. He, for one, is only scratching the surface of what it means to be like Christ. I don't want to start any kind of faith-based talk/arguement here. Thats not my point. He should stop judgeing Ben and quit being such a sourpuss over Ben not taking him in as councel.

Attention TB: Words to live by...

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

By the way, I guess I'm a Christian, I'm just not very good at it... :wink:

sd steel
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Look on the bright side, if after all the abuse and criticism Ben has received from the media and TB, he is able to come back and be successful and still lead the Steelers, you can consider him the Teflon Franchise QB, because if this doesn't stick to him and bring him down, nothing ever will.

Also I am sure most NFL fans are pretty much over the story, and by Terry bringing it back up most fans are probably saying "enough already". Most people don't like to hear someone beating a dead horse, so you probably should be thanking Terry, because he is making people tired of the story instead of fueling the fire, which was out when Goodell lowered the suspension.

Sugar
09-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Perhaps this is just a ploy by TB to win sympathy for Ben? By acting like a doosh, he gets the elements of the Steeler Nation that have been hardest on BB to quit hating on Ben and feel defensive for him. TB isn't playing anymore, so he doesn't need our support but Ben does and TB knows that kicking a guy that's down is a sure way to win support for the kickee.

In the end TB is really helping BB! :tt2

Nah! :mrgreen:

Captain Lemming
09-15-2010, 01:34 AM
I've been tough on Ben and remain pretty disappointed in him, but TB's little sermon was way over the line and unnecessary. It's pretty clear to me this was more about TB than Ben as he unnecessarily dragged Ben through the mud on national tv and all but verbally convicted of him of sexual assault.

Some of us have argued back and forth about Ben's behavior and the allegations, but we've all admitted to not knowing the facts and further have never done it on national tv. This is embarrassing to the team and city, and TB was implicitly attacking the Rooneys as TB made clear if he was in charge Ben wouldn't even be on the team. It's time to let it go Terry. You're hardly a shining example of the model teammate or man.

:Agree
My thought exactly.

Doogie36
09-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Or maybe and I'm just spit balling here!!!!!!! Maybe just maybe Terry is trying to get RATINGS!!!!!!! Fox covers the NFC so when do the STEELER FANS who is a very large fan base watch the FOX pregame show????? Very rarely unless our team happens to be at home against a NFC opponent correct????

Now i ask you this question!!! How many of us will be watching the FOX pregame this coming week???? I know I will because I'm dying to see if anyone questions TERRY about his comments last week. These guys have access to forums and viewers emails and questions.........Again to boost ratings dont you think that maybe he will be asked about his book and his quotes???? Who will tune in to see???? So in a sense what Terry did was smart!!!! GET US FIRED UP and we will watch!!!!!!! Might not be smart but it sure does increase RATINGS and keeps his job!!!!!!

By the way he was the only guy to pick us to win on Sunday and reason why??? The steelers dont lose at home on opening day!!!!!!! The guy does know a few things!!!

I do agree that he has it out for Ben and he's a little jealous but I too would be jealous if I was an old timer watching these guys make millions of dollars when they made what back in the day to play????

Either way I'm tuning in to see what happens NEXT!!!!!! They just got an AFC viewer to watch a NFC pregrame show!!! WHo's with me????

Oviedo
09-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Bitter old men are usually distasteful people. Show some class Terry. Grow old gracefully.

stlrz d
09-15-2010, 07:49 AM
I won't be tuning into Fox's pregame show. I usually stick to NFLN or ESPN anyway.

Discipline of Steel
09-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Funny...now Joe Namath has twittered against the Jets...but he didnt call out Sanchez personally

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Or maybe and I'm just spit balling here!!!!!!! Maybe just maybe Terry is trying to get RATINGS!!!!!!! Fox covers the NFC so when do the STEELER FANS who is a very large fan base watch the FOX pregame show????? Very rarely unless our team happens to be at home against a NFC opponent correct????

Now i ask you this question!!! How many of us will be watching the FOX pregame this coming week???? I know I will because I'm dying to see if anyone questions TERRY about his comments last week. These guys have access to forums and viewers emails and questions.........Again to boost ratings dont you think that maybe he will be asked about his book and his quotes???? Who will tune in to see???? So in a sense what Terry did was smart!!!! GET US FIRED UP and we will watch!!!!!!! Might not be smart but it sure does increase RATINGS and keeps his job!!!!!!

By the way he was the only guy to pick us to win on Sunday and reason why??? The steelers dont lose at home on opening day!!!!!!! The guy does know a few things!!!

I do agree that he has it out for Ben and he's a little jealous but I too would be jealous if I was an old timer watching these guys make millions of dollars when they made what back in the day to play????

Either way I'm tuning in to see what happens NEXT!!!!!! They just got an AFC viewer to watch a NFC pregrame show!!! WHo's with me????

Not me. Network television pre-game shows are downright awful. I'd much rather listen to Sirius NFL radio than watch any network's pre-game show. Network TV caters to the lowest common demoninator (i.e. casual fans...they try to skew toward entertainment value...and usually fail to deliver even that, but still). I prefer a format that actually discusses football strategy for hard-core fans than tabloid reporting and a poor excuse for comedy. But that's just me.

Steel Life
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
I've gotten to where I won't even watch the pre-game shows anymore because of the irritating personalities, mindless drivel & general lack of anything insightful to add...& I'm headed that way with the announcers too.

As for TB...he was a childhood hero that I defended many times & still think doesn't get enough credit for what he accomplished, but this cartoon persona he's adopted & the attitude that suddenly he's the voice of the Steeler's conscience after dogging the 'Burgh after all these years - he doesn't speak for the Steelers brass, the players or the fans. In my opinion the next time there's some anniversary celebration, he can keep his bitter a$$ at home.