PDA

View Full Version : Nice photo sequence of Mendy's run. Look

Stewie
09-13-2010, 02:52 PM
at Essex's pancake. Gotta say he played a good game.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/vi ... reak-down/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/video-of-rashard-mendenhall-touchdown-run-versus-falcons-break-down/)

skyhawk
09-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Nice find.

Great play. And Pouncey finished his man off too. Great block by him.

And look at the first picture. WOW. 9 in the box. Fail.

Captain Lemming
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Awesome stuff. Thanks.

Steelerphile
09-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I thought they could have called Hines for the hold, since that was a key block and he appeared to have the jersey. I was actually expecting the Atlanta media and fans to make a lot about that and how the refs were wearing Steeler jerseys again, but so far I haven't. I'm glad they didn't.

Stewie
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I thought they could have called Hines for the hold, since that was a key block and he appeared to have the jersey. I was actually expecting the Atlanta media and fans to make a lot about that and how the refs were wearing Steeler jerseys again, but so far I haven't. I'm glad they didn't.

You can grab the jersey inside the shoulders....perfectly legal.

kindlecatsb'ng
09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Merrill Hoge (on ESPN today) was explaining the great blocking by Ward, Miller and others in this sequence. He also mentioned how it is the right way to grab inside when blocking like that.

:tt1

Kindle

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-13-2010, 03:46 PM
The most impressive image on the pics is on pic 2. Pouncey is already engaged and got the backside LB's angle cut off while Mendy just got the handoff & is still 3 yards deep in the backfield. Hartwig would still be bent over and the pic would show his hand still between his legs as the DT knocked him off his feet. :lol:

I have to give Essex some luv...He played good. Nice pic of Essex eatin's his guys lunch after a little bump from Adams. Koogs will burn up the rewind function during films showing everyone how to finish. Keep it up Essex...I'll be the first to say you made a huge improvement under Koogs.

Notice Miller taking a DE down the line...Down the line! That's our TE giving a DE a ride to school. Helps cut off Kemo's mans flow to the ball.

Nice iso block by Johnson from the FB alignment. I will be the first to start the "Change Johnson's number to 35" petition. Why fight it.

Hines being Hines. What a crafty vet.

Adams getting to the 2nd level after a rub and taking away the LB's angle. That's pretty darn impressive control for a man his size. I would have gave him a A- in run blocking that game. A C+ in pass pro.

Not anything bad you could say about Scott. He's in contact as Mendy breaks LOS and his man never came across any of our OL face. That's a win.

Kemo. Almost perfect all across the board on this play except for you. Not bad, thank God the officials let them play. You would like to see a cut block when you lose your angle and he starts to flow. Thank God Miller had his guy down the line and it cut off his pursuit. I'll take winning 7 out of 8 anyday as long is that one is backside.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-13-2010, 03:53 PM

You can grab the jersey inside the shoulders....perfectly legal.

As long as the defender's direction away isn't impeded by the grabbing.

I said below...Crafty vet. It is done all the time. But Ward used his defenders shoulder pads to isolate his arms away from Mendy. Look close & you will see what I'm talking about. I still give Ward a "Dat a boy!'

stlrz d
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Heath looks like a pee wee player compared to Adams. WOW!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/mendenhalltdfalcons0.jpg