PDA

View Full Version : Matrimonial Bliss. Ya gotta love it!

Dee Dub
09-13-2010, 01:18 PM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – While the Bengals’ performance in all three phases of Sunday’s 38-24 loss to the Patriots raised many questions, the only thing anyone wanted to talk about in the Cincinnati locker room after the game was why receivers Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens left the field before the first half ended.

Ochocinco, Owens and Bengals’ coach Marvin Lewis didn’t want to talk about it.

Ochocinco left the Bengals’ sideline and headed to the locker room with about 30 seconds remaining in the half, while Owens left with about one second to play, following a missed field goal by Patriots kicker Steve Gostkowski.

Both Ochocinco and Owens, when asked about it, referred reporters to Lewis for an explanation. “We had (No.) 85 in to get an IV, which is normal anytime we’re on defense particularly early in the season,” Lewis said.

Ochocinco said his leaving the sidelines before the end of the half is not just an early-in-the-season thing.

“It’s the same thing I’ve been doing for the last 10 years,” the receiver said.

As for the reason Owens left the sideline early, Lewis said: “Terrell went in to get looked at.” When pressed on what he was getting looked at, Lewis said: “Just getting looked at, that’s our business.”

Owens’ response to the question got testier as it continued to be asked. Here’s the 30-second summary:

Q: Why did you go into the locker room a little bit early at the end of the first half?

TO: “Coach said he would address that.”

Q: Coach said you needed to come in to get something looked at?

TO: “Coach said he would address that.”

Q: Are you worried at all about the perceptions that neither you or Chad were on the field?

TO: “Coach said he would address that. Guys, I mean, how many ways are you going to ask me and I don’t know how many ways I’m going to answer. He said he would address it.”

Despite leaving early prior to halftime, Ochocinco finished the game with 12 catches for 159 yards. He now has 10,111 receiving yards, good for 32nd on the all-time NFL receiving list. His 28-yard touchdown grab in the third quarter was the 63rd of his career, tying him with Carl Pickens for the franchise record.

Owens also passed a milestone, his seven receptions for 53 yards giving him 15,004 career receiving yards, making him just the third player in NFL history to surpass that milestone.

Although he trails just Jerry Rice (22,895) and Isaac Bruce (15,209), he was not aware he had passed the milestone, and he wasn’t interested in learning about it.

“I don’t even know what milestone I surpassed,” Owens said. “All I know is we didn’t win the game and that’s pretty much where my focus was.”

When told he passed the 15,000-yard plateau, Owens said, “kudos to me. Pat myself on the back.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010 ... 309120051/ (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100912/SPT02/309120051/)

This is only the beginning. And it is going to be so fun to watch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grotonsteel
09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
I saw that on SC..it was funny....Buttman and Robin,..are gonna sink that ship..