PDA

View Full Version : Will the frauds continue to be exposed?

Oviedo
09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
The Bumgals were exposed yesterday as less than advertised. Jerry Jones and his 'boys sucked against a 'skins team that has no offense.

Will the Ratbirds or Jets be exposed tonight as nothing more than an ESPN created love child for the clueless media?

ramblinjim
09-13-2010, 11:09 AM
I think as the season goes on the Jets and Ravens' 'O' will be somewhat less than spectacular. It'll be hard to tell tonight though, those defenses may well just beat the daylights out of each other.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I think as the season goes on the Jets and Ravens' 'O' will be somewhat less than spectacular. It'll be hard to tell tonight though, those defenses may well just beat the daylights out of each other.

I'm definitely OK with that!!

AngryAsian
09-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Guys, regardless of who isn't a "fraud" intra-divisionally speaking... it is immaterial. When you take a look at teams like: Texans, Colts, Fins, Jets, Cheats (without seeing what the AFC West has yet to bring to the table)... to come out of the AFC to represent in this year's SB... it is going to be a battered long road.

Ghost
09-13-2010, 11:40 AM
LOVED the Cowboys looking terrible.

Guess they shoudn't be handing the 49er's the division title just yet.

I don't see the Falcons beating out New Orleans.

"Play like a jet" - easily one of the most ridiculous things ever. Ummmm....you were 9-7 last season and even the head coach thought they'd missed the playoffs. Is he screaming at the team to be mediocre?

steelblood
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't think the Bengals are elite necessarily. But, they are a good team. They have a solid D with great corners. They have a decent O-line and talent at the skill positions. I HATE the Bengals, but they swept our division last season. Why shouldn't they be a favorite?

The Media loved the Steelers last season and we were pretty terrible on occasion.

Iron Shiek
09-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah I've continuously banged the point about the Ravens being over hyped. Jets as well. I don't think they make the playoffs. Bengals surprised me a bit, but the Cheaters have a really tough offense.

NFC wise...the cowboys/redskins game was terrible. And I did not see that Niners face flop coming. I lost one of my 5 eliminator picks on them. I know better not to take road teams, but the Seahawks essentially seemed like they were rolling their jv squad out with all the vets they were shedding prior to the season starting.

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2010, 12:21 PM
LOVED the Cowboys looking terrible.

Guess they shoudn't be handing the 49er's the division title just yet.

I don't see the Falcons beating out New Orleans.

"Play like a jet" - easily one of the most ridiculous things ever. Ummmm....you were 9-7 last season and even the head coach thought they'd missed the playoffs. Is he screaming at the team to be mediocre?

Yup...the Jets and Ravens were both 9-7 last season and are now media darlings. Squeaking into the playoffs on the basis of wild card tiebreakers is a big time accomplishment for those teams.

Meanwhile, we were 9-7 last season as well, missing the playoffs because of those aforementioned tiebreakers, and that was considered to be a huge disappointment for us. Everyone has been writing us off as afterthoughts this season (to their own peril).

Sugar
09-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm thinking that the Ravens O will deal with the Jets D than the other way around. The Jets won't have Holmes (the Raven killer) on the field to help Sanchez out and I'm not sold on Sanchez at all yet.

In the Pats/Bengals game, somebody had to lose and it was the Bengals this time. The Browns on the other hand, had to feel like if they were going to have a shot at anybody this year the Buc's were a team to beat. So much for that.

ramblinjim
09-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Guys, regardless of who isn't a "fraud" intra-divisionally speaking... it is immaterial. When you take a look at teams like: Texans, Colts, Fins, Jets, Cheats (without seeing what the AFC West has yet to bring to the table)... to come out of the AFC to represent in this year's SB... it is going to be a battered long road.

:Agree

The AFC looks to have some awfully tough teams this year.

Captain Lemming
09-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Anybody can have a bad week.
Nobody is definitively "exposed" during week one.

ikestops85
09-13-2010, 12:31 PM
I think the steelers would have been one of those media darlings if we weren't missing Ben for the first 4 games. That has caused a lot of people to write us off. I love when they write us off. We often make them eat sh!t for doing it.

:tt2

Oviedo
09-13-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't think the Bengals are elite necessarily. But, they are a good team. They have a solid D with great corners. They have a decent O-line and talent at the skill positions. I HATE the Bengals, but they swept our division last season. Why shouldn't they be a favorite?

The Media loved the Steelers last season and we were pretty terrible on occasion.

The Bumgals CBs didn't look so great yesterday. They were horrible. The Pats could have added another two TDs if they wanted to.

The Bumgals are decent but have been way over hyped since Carson Palmer got there. And now Cedric Benson is suppose to be the second coming of Earl campbell. Please?????

Discipline of Steel
09-13-2010, 06:10 PM

Once is an occurance, twice is a coincidence, and three times is a trend. Ill wait till the Bengals lose three out of five before i write them off.

Stewie
09-13-2010, 06:56 PM
What he said!!!!