PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Game Cancelled

Oviedo
09-13-2010, 10:51 AM
The Jets have been accused of sexually harrassing a female sports reporter from Mexico. I'm assuming that with his typical consistency involving sexuallly related inceidents the accusation itself should be enough to suspend the NY Jets and therefore they won't be able to play tonite or the next four games.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... ts13s.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/09/13/2010-09-13_untitled__myersjets13s.html)

Just continues to show how we were screwed by this worthless commisioner.

proudpittsburgher
09-13-2010, 11:40 AM
See the picture. IMO, if you want to be treated like a professional, maybe you should consider dressing like one.

AngryAsian
09-13-2010, 11:47 AM
If you picture-google Inez Sainz, you'll see she's not America's caliber of sports reporter. This young lady is a swimsuit model.... WOW!! :Boobs

Jigawatts
09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm truly shocked that a locker room full of men would make any suggestive comments to
an attractive woman.

Seriously :wft do you expect?

AngryAsian
09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm truly shocked that a locker room full of men would make any suggestive comments to
an attractive woman.

Being a Butt-Man... OMG... this woman is a goddess! :shock:

Ozey74
09-13-2010, 12:32 PM
She is the same reporter that wore a wedding dress to media day and proposed to Tom Brady a few years ago when the Patriots played.

Not very credidble.

Crash
09-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Trying to "bump into her".

Overthrowing passes to land at her feet so they can check her out?

Someone needs to be suspended for this.

feltdizz
09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
The Jets have been accused of sexually harrassing a female sports reporter from Mexico. I'm assuming that with his typical consistency involving sexuallly related inceidents the accusation itself should be enough to suspend the NY Jets and therefore they won't be able to play tonite or the next four games.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... ts13s.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/09/13/2010-09-13_untitled__myersjets13s.html)

:wft

dumbest headline ever.

get over it and move on.

1-0 baby! :tt2

anger 82&95
Sports reporter??? She seems better suited for an episode of “My Name is Earl.”

Slapstick
See the picture. IMO, if you want to be treated like a professional, maybe you should consider dressing like one.

She is dressing like a professional...for Mexican TV...she doesn't work for American television...

In any case, the Jets were the ones who should have been acting like professionals...they were at work, for God's sake!!!

ikestops85
09-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I really don't feel the Jets did anything wrong.

I didn't think Ben did anything wrong either.

Ben got suspended.

Jets should be suspended.

:moon

Oviedo
09-13-2010, 12:57 PM

:wft

dumbest headline ever.

get over it and move on.

1-0 baby! :tt2

I'll be over Goodell's hypocrisy in Week #5 of the season. Until then I won't hesitate to point out the double standards, or complete lack of standards, this clown the NFL has as a commisioner used to punish Ben for unfounded accusations. Will it change anything? No, but makes me feel like I'm doing my part for making the world more just. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Sports reporter??? She seems better suited for an episode of “My Name is Earl.”

Karma is a beeyotch. :wink:

proudpittsburgher
09-13-2010, 02:51 PM

She is dressing like a professional...for Mexican TV...she doesn't work for American television...

In any case, the Jets were the ones who should have been acting like professionals...they were at work, for God's sake!!!

So you are saying if someone from the howard stern show shows up wearing nothing but a jock strap and pasties, it is OK, because, well, that's the audience she is working for. :roll: Whatever, dude. . . there is an expectation on both ends here. Sounds like the jets acted like a bunch of fratboys, and she needed to be a professional. Neither lived up to their end of the bargain.

cruzer8
09-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Agree with Oviedo on this one.

Snatch98
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM

She has a AMAZING A$$. It's been floating around the internet for a few years. I didn't even need to click on the link to know who the article was talking about.

ikestops85
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM

She has a AMAZING A$$. It's been floating around the internet for a few years. I didn't even need to click on the link to know who the article was talking about.

I'm sure if she held the microphine in the right position she could get those players to say anything.
:lol:

aggiebones
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Someone more talented than I needs to photoshop Woody Johnson hanging out of Rex Ryans pants while talking to her.

Also, what kind of a name for a team owner is Woody Johnson? I mean that's sexual harassment right there. Does he think he's being funny calling himself Woody? I mean I'll laugh, but I have the sense of humor of an 10 yr old.
That's about as bad as the Oklahoma (or St) player named Manual Johnson. I mean who would name their kid after a dildo.

spyboots
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
The cheats and their coach didn't get any suspensions, so neither will the Jets. Maybe a fine. Besides, if the Jets would have to forfeit tonight, the Ravens would get the W.

Flasteel
09-13-2010, 07:44 PM
an attractive woman.

Being a Butt-Man... OMG... this woman is a goddess! :shock:

http://dailyyeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ines1.jpg

stlrz d
09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
The cheats and their coach didn't get any suspensions, so neither will the Jets. Maybe a fine. Besides, if the Jets would have to forfeit tonight, the Ravens would get the W.

That seems to be what happened.

Slapstick
09-13-2010, 11:55 PM
So you are saying if someone from the howard stern show shows up wearing nothing but a jock strap and pasties, it is OK, because, well, that's the audience she is working for. :roll: Whatever, dude. . . there is an expectation on both ends here. Sounds like the jets acted like a bunch of fratboys, and she needed to be a professional. Neither lived up to their end of the bargain.

Except that your analogy is completely different from the reality of Sainz' situation...she wasn't someone from the Howard Stern Show and she was wearing more than a jock strap and pasties...

The fact that she wore tight pants and has a rockin' @$$ in no way, shape or form excuses the Jets players and/or coaches for sexually harrassing her in their workplace...

Regardless of how she chooses to dress for her bosses and her audience, the NFL has given her press credentials...if the Jets wouldn't behave that way with some other female reporter, like Pam Oliver or Lisa Guerrero or even Suzy Kolber, they can't behave that way with Sainz just because she's super hot...

proudpittsburgher
09-14-2010, 09:17 AM

Except that your analogy is completely different from the reality of Sainz' situation...she wasn't someone from the Howard Stern Show and she was wearing more than a jock strap and pasties...

The fact that she wore tight pants and has a rockin' @$$ in no way, shape or form excuses the Jets players and/or coaches for sexually harrassing her in their workplace...

Regardless of how she chooses to dress for her bosses and her audience, the NFL has given her press credentials...if the Jets wouldn't behave that way with some other female reporter, like Pam Oliver or Lisa Guerrero or even Suzy Kolber, they can't behave that way with Sainz just because she's super hot...

Maybe you missed the part where I said the Jets acted like a bunch of fratboys. No one is in the right here, but I am not feeling any sympathy for someone who doesn't dress like a professional in the area they are in. And my analogy isn't that far off. You said she dresses that way because of her audience and someone from the Stern show might dress that way. My analogy is right on with your defense of the situation.

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Maybe you missed the part where I said the Jets acted like a bunch of fratboys. No one is in the right here, but I am not feeling any sympathy for someone who doesn't dress like a professional in the area they are in. And my analogy isn't that far off. You said she dresses that way because of her audience and someone from the Stern show might dress that way. My analogy is right on with your defense of the situation.

No, it isn't...

If the NFL awarded press credentials to someone from the Howard Stern Show who wears only pasties and a jock strap, then it would be similar...

Whatever she wears does not excuse the Jets' players and coaches for their behavior...period...

This isn't about her...it is about the Jets' professional conduct...

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 11:53 AM

No, it isn't...

If the NFL awarded press credentials to someone from the Howard Stern Show who wears only pasties and a jock strap, then it would be similar...

Whatever she wears does not excuse the Jets' players and coaches for their behavior...period...

That's bull....

Mexican/Telemundo TV is very different from US TV... I get turned on watching the news updates on Univision..

The chicks wear next to nothing on TV and it's part of the reason their population has exploded in America. :wink: They are very sexual in their TV coverage and half of the jokes on there TV are crass and sexual.

Imagine a dude interviewing a female volleyball team with his chest out and his chest greased up with some nuthuggers on? She enjoys the attention or she wouldn't have her amazing azzz hanging out like that at work. It's glorious... but she knows damn well she is there to do what she did.. which is get the guys attention with her cheeks.

Like the great Kat Williams once said to a chick who was dancing slutty with him in the club in a skany outfit....

Kat: So... what's up?
slut: nothing, um...What kind of a girl do you think I am?
Kat: I'm sorry I thought you were a w.hore.. you were a whore over there I thought you would be a w.hore over here. Did you cross the imaginary w.hore line?

just jokes.. but funny.

proudpittsburgher
09-14-2010, 12:21 PM

No, it isn't...

You are part right, it is about both. The Jets players needed to be more professional, and so did she. I could really give a rats arse what she looks like when she covers a soccer game on telemundo. When in Rome, so to speak. But if E entertainment gets a credential to cover a presidential funeral, I would sure as hell hope they don't show up in red-carpet garb with their boobs hanging out and hair all done up 10 feet high because, well, that's what her audience on E expects. There are places for that kind of thing. Just because her audience on telemundo expects to see her dressed like that to cover a training camp doesn't mean she can and should. Again, when in Rome. but, it is obvious we aren't going to see eye to eye on this, so it is pointless to go on. I just don't want you thinking I am excusing the Jets, because I think I have been pretty clear I am not. But she is far from being in the clear on this.

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Like the great Kat Williams once said to a chick who was dancing slutty with him in the club in a skany outfit....

Kat: So... what's up?
slut: nothing, um...What kind of a girl do you think I am?
Kat: I'm sorry I thought you were a w.hore.. you were a whore over there I thought you would be a w.hore over here. Did you cross the imaginary w.hore line?

just jokes.. but funny.

I like the Dave Chappelle version better:

"The girl says, 'Wait a minute! Just because I'm dressed this way does not make me a whore!' Which is true. Gentlemen, that is true. Just because they dress a certain way doesn't mean they are a certain way. Don't ever forget it. But ladies, you must understand that is #&@%ing CONFUSING! It just is.

Now that would be like me, Dave Chappelle the comedian, walking down the street in a cop uniform. Somebody might run up on me, saying, 'Oh, thank God. Officer, help us! Come on. They're over here. Help us!'

'OH-H0H!!! Just because I'm DRESSED this way does not make me a police officer!'
All right, ladies, fine. You are not a whore. But you are wearing a whore's uniform."

By the way, wasn't it New England TE Zeke Mowatt who was fined for sexual harassment back when female reporters were allowed in locker rooms for the first time? As Elaine Benes might say, "He whipped...it out."

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
You are part right, it is about both. The Jets players needed to be more professional, and so did she. I could really give a rats arse what she looks like when she covers a soccer game on telemundo. When in Rome, so to speak. But if E entertainment gets a credential to cover a presidential funeral, I would sure as hell hope they don't show up in red-carpet garb with their boobs hanging out and hair all done up 10 feet high because, well, that's what her audience on E expects. There are places for that kind of thing. Just because her audience on telemundo expects to see her dressed like that to cover a training camp doesn't mean she can and should. Again, when in Rome. but, it is obvious we aren't going to see eye to eye on this, so it is pointless to go on. I just don't want you thinking I am excusing the Jets, because I think I have been pretty clear I am not. But she is far from being in the clear on this.

We will have to agree to disagree...

I have a degree in Spanish. I am a Spanish teacher. I lived in Mexico and in Puerto Rico.

I can tell you that while the Latina women on TV dress provocatively (by our standards) it isn't correct to assume that their culture views them as whores...because they don't...

When is Rome is fine, but that means that, by your definition, she should have dressed differently...it does not mean that the Jets had any green light whatsoever to act differently in their place of work because of her manner of dress...

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2010, 01:23 PM
As they were christening a new stadium, the Jets players are just taking a cue from their fans and their infamous behavior at Gate D of the old Meadowlands Stadium.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/sports/football/20fans.html

proudpittsburgher
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM

We will have to agree to disagree...

I have a degree in Spanish. I am a Spanish teacher. I lived in Mexico and in Puerto Rico.

I can tell you that while the Latina women on TV dress provocatively (by our standards) it isn't correct to assume that their culture views them as whores...because they don't...

When is Rome is fine, but that means that, by your definition, she should have dressed differently...it does not mean that the Jets had any green light whatsoever to act differently in their place of work because of her manner of dress...

Seriously, how many times do I have to say the Jets players were in the wrong too? I believe every single response by me in this thread has said that. And my point all along was it doesn't matter how things are handled in Spain, she is covering am American football team in America. So, I have no idea why it is important that you speak spanish and lived in Mexico and Puerto Rico.

frenchie
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
As a female, I know enough to consider what to wear if I'm not looking for unwanted attention. Mexico, Puerto Rico, or wherever, when you are dressed that way, you are trying to get attention. She is loving every minute of this.

grotonsteel
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM

I have to say the weather report girls on Mexican TV are hottt...Its more about curves than weather with those girls... :wink: :twisted:

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 03:35 PM
I have to say the weather report girls on Mexican TV are hottt...Its more about curves than weather with those girls... :wink: :twisted:

I don't disagree...

But, you still can't sexually harass her in your place of work... :wink:

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Seriously, how many times do I have to say the Jets players were in the wrong too? I believe every single response by me in this thread has said that. And my point all along was it doesn't matter how things are handled in Spain, she is covering am American football team in America. So, I have no idea why it is important that you speak spanish and lived in Mexico and Puerto Rico.

Because the Jets players were in the wrong. Period. Whatever she was wearing has nothing to do with whether or not the Jets were wrong. It has nothing to do with her being in America and covering an American football team. The way she looks and/or dresses is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Trying to hold her accountable in any way for the Jets' unprofessional behavior is completely ludicrous.

"They couldn't help themselves. She looked so hot!"

"She dresses that way for a reason. She was asking for it."

"She has a great @$$!"

Those are lame justifications for behavior that has no justification. The issue is not with her. The issue is with the Jets. They are paid to be professional football players. What they say about her to each other is their business. The way they behave toward her is the issue. What she is wearing is a non-factor. You may think that what she is wearing is unprofessional. Be that as it may, it is just your opinion and has no bearing on anything other than that. If what the Jets did is true, then they should be punished. Her attire is, again, irrelevant.

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Slapstick you are fighting a losing battle.

She has press credentials.. and look at her.
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/01/30/sp_FBN_PATS_BRADY_BOS.jpg

this is who you are defending.

so how professional should a player be to her? How professional is she?

I haven't heard any reports of guys touching her or exposing themselves. I'm pretty s sure she was getting attention and she knows damn well what attention looks like in a locker room.

Don't go into the lions den dressed in meat. If she had that azz tight and right and hanging out what does she expect 53 guys to do? ignore her?

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM

IT. DOESN'T. MATTER.

The rules do not say that it's okay to sexually harass someone if they are dressed like a slut....

It isn't a losing battle. I'm right.

I'm merely trying to get people to look past her appearance and acknowledge the fact that her appearance in no way excuses the Jets for what they did. Period.

The Jets should be as professional to her as they are expected to be to any other female journalist who is at their place of work....

cruzer8
09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm with you Slapstick.

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 06:01 PM

IT. DOESN'T. MATTER.

The rules do not say that it's okay to sexually harass someone if they are dressed like a slut....

I'm merely trying to get people to look past her appearance and acknowledge the fact that her appearance in no way excuses the Jets for what they did. Period.

The Jets should be as professional to her as they are expected to be to any other female journalist who is at their place of work....

The Association for Women in Sports Media is also voicing concerns, but none of the flap was instigated by Sainz herself. She says she’s actually surprised that they’re being investigated for anything.

“It was definitely a joking tone, very amicable,” Sainz said told cnn.com. “I wasn’t offended.”

Does this matter? :wink:

I think you are very wrong. There was NO sexual harassment. I understand your logic but you should use it for actual sexual harassment and not for chicks who are in on the joke and making fun of those who actually are professional when working.

She is a joke of a reporter and this is part of her schtick. She duped you.

AngryAsian
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM

Because the Jets players were in the wrong. Period. Whatever she was wearing has nothing to do with whether or not the Jets were wrong. It has nothing to do with her being in America and covering an American football team. The way she looks and/or dresses is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Trying to hold her accountable in any way for the Jets' unprofessional behavior is completely ludicrous.

"They couldn't help themselves. She looked so hot!"

"She dresses that way for a reason. She was asking for it."

"She has a great @$$!"

Those are lame justifications for behavior that has no justification. The issue is not with her. The issue is with the Jets. They are paid to be professional football players. What they say about her to each other is their business. The way they behave toward her is the issue. What she is wearing is a non-factor. You may think that what she is wearing is unprofessional. Be that as it may, it is just your opinion and has no bearing on anything other than that. If what the Jets did is true, then they should be punished. Her attire is, again, irrelevant.

Logic in excess. :Clap

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I disagree AA

SH speeches should be for sexaul harassment cases. This is a case where she actually "ask for this type of treatment" with her dress and schtick. If she didn't want this type of behavior she wouldn't dress like this for her assignments.

Part of her job is to poke he butt out. It's like a stripper coming to a bachelor party and getting offended when the best man sits in the chair for the groom.

Go to work tomorrow with spandex and no underwear and tell me how "professional" your colleagues act towards you.

Sugar
09-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I wonder how female athletes treat male reporters when they are in the locker room?

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Okay...let's give this one last shot...

Some posters are confusing what is "right vs. wrong" with what rules are in place...

Let's look at it this way:

James Harrison rushes Matt Ryan and is held by Sam Baker...the refs throw a flag and call holding...

Harrison runs up to Coach Tomlin and says, "Coach! You can decline the penalty! Really! It's no big deal! I was actually asking Baker to grab my jersey!!!"

Should Tomlin decline the penalty? Or, should Tomlin do what is best for his team and accept the penalty because the rules state that Baker isn't allowed to grab Harrison's jersey? Harrison didn't mind and was actually asking for it to happen. In fact, he made sure that Baker could grab as much jersey as possible on his way past...

Now, in this hypothetical situation, was it "right" for Harrison to ask Baker to grab his jersey? Was it right for Harrison to make sure that Baker had a good grip? No...but, I don't believe that there are any rules against it either...

Was it "right" for Baker to hold Harrison? Well, sure...Harrison made it happen...Baker was just responding to Harrison's repeated invitations to hold...

Whether or not Baker's actions were "right", they still broke the rules...

If you haven't figured it out, Harrison represents Sainz in this hypothetical...Baker is the Jets...Tomlin is the Association for Women in Sports Media...

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Ladies and gentlemen of the PlanetSteelers message board, meet Mireya Grisales...

She is a Latina "journalist" who worked at the SB XLIII media day with none other than Ines Sainz...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3441/3234201298_a0d6f61832.jpg?v=0

Did Lawrence Timmons sexually harrass this woman? No...

Why not? She's hot and dressed provocatively...obviously, she wants to be harrassed...

Why didn't Timmons oblige?

AngryAsian
09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Let's clarify shall we... as simply as we can...

The Concept: No matter how you spin it, it is never right to sexually harass someone regardless of their provocative attire or lack of attire. The concept of "she was asking for it is retarded."

The Details: From the horses mouth, all comments were made in jest and the tempo in the locker room was perceived (by the supposed victim) as jovial. She wasn't offended and for lack of a better term, boyz will be boyz.

The Probability: Media spin on something inane and a non-issue.

I think a lot of posters are confusing the concept and mistakenly used this non-issue as a vehicle.

Relentless7
09-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Ladies and gentlemen of the PlanetSteelers message board, meet Mireya Grisales...

She is a Latina "journalist" who worked at the SB XLIII media day with none other than Ines Sainz...

Why not? She's hot and dressed provocatively...obviously, she wants to be harrassed...

Because as we saw this past Sunday it takes Timmons 3 years to "get it right"?

This coming February that Puta is in for a VERY inappropriate e-mail from Lawrence!

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Let's clarify shall we... as simply as we can...

The Concept: No matter how you spin it, it is never right to sexually harass someone regardless of their provocative attire or lack of attire. The concept of "she was asking for it is retarded."

The Details: From the horses mouth, all comments were made in jest and the tempo in the locker room was perceived (by the supposed victim) as jovial. She wasn't offended and for lack of a better term, boyz will be boyz.

The Probability: Media spin on something inane and a non-issue.

I think a lot of posters are confusing the concept and mistakenly used this non-issue as a vehicle.

My Harrison analogy was better... :twisted: :stirpot

Slapstick
09-14-2010, 08:04 PM

This coming February that Puta is in for a VERY inappropriate e-mail from Lawrence!

OK...I LOL'd... :Clap

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 09:38 PM

OK...I LOL'd... :Clap

That was funny.

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
The Association for Women in Sports Media is also voicing concerns, but none of the flap was instigated by Sainz herself. She says she’s actually surprised that they’re being investigated for anything.

“It was definitely a joking tone, very amicable,” Sainz said told cnn.com. “I wasn’t offended.”

I think you are very wrong. There was NO sexual harassment. I understand your logic but you should use it for actual sexual harassment and not for chicks who are in on the joke and making fun of those who actually are professional when working.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-269542 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sainz-incident-draws-cultural-moral-lines?urn=nfl-269542)

Read this blog post and watch the clip of her appearing on the Today show...

She claims that she did not press for the NFL to investigate, which may be true, but she also never backs off of the contention that the Jets players made her feel uncomfortable in the locker room...she says that she just did her best to ignore what was going on and continue to do her job and THAT was why she didn't feel harrassed...

She reiterates that the locker room was an uncomfortable place for a female reporter and that she will allow the NFL and the NY Jets to complete their investigation and that she would abide by their decision...

Who got duped? :wink:

Oviedo
09-15-2010, 08:46 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-269542 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sainz-incident-draws-cultural-moral-lines?urn=nfl-269542)

She claims that she did not press for the NFL to investigate, which may be true, but she also never backs off of the contention that the Jets players made her feel uncomfortable in the locker room...she says that she just did her best to ignore what was going on and continue to do her job and THAT was why she didn't feel harrassed...

She reiterates that the locker room was an uncomfortable place for a female reporter and that she will allow the NFL and the NY Jets to complete their investigation and that she would abide by their decision...

Uncomfortable women = 4-6 game suspension

proudpittsburgher
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM

Oh, sh$t. My bad. I guess I am wrong then. Thanks for clarifying that. Why didn't you just tell me that in the first place . . . I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time and posting my incorrect opinion. :roll: I mean, who in the hell comes out and claims their opinion as fact and doesn't think it makes them sound, oh, I don't know, a little arrogant? But I forgot, you speak spanish. Look, when I tell you that Dennis Dixon is a more acomplished QB than Ben Roethlisber, give me stats to show me I am wrong. Fine, black/white, right wrong. That's how it works. Your opinion/my opinion, not so black/white. There is no right/wrong.

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Oh, sh$t. My bad. I guess I am wrong then. Thanks for clarifying that. Why didn't you just tell me that in the first place . . . I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time and posting my incorrect opinion. :roll: I mean, who in the hell comes out and claims their opinion as fact and doesn't think it makes them sound, oh, I don't know, a little arrogant? But I forgot, you speak spanish. Look, when I tell you that Dennis Dixon is a more acomplished QB than Ben Roethlisber, give me stats to show me I am wrong. Fine, black/white, right wrong. That's how it works. Your opinion/my opinion, not so black/white. There is no right/wrong.

It is black and white because I'm not confusing my opinion with fact...

Mine is not a high horse and there are no moral judgments on my part regarding you or anyone else...

Again, you are confusing "right vs. wrong" with what the rules of conduct say...

There are rules that say you can't sexually harass a woman in your place of work...that is not an opinion, that is a fact...

Whether or not she wore tight clothing or entered a locker room filled with half-naked men does not negate the rule...

If knowing the rules makes me arrogant, then so be it...that's just your opinion...

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 11:23 AM

you did....

she is now making the news rounds saying she didn't want to press charges.

yet you are running to her defense as she puts on another pair of hot pants to find the next group of athletes she can poke her butt out for.

proudpittsburgher
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM

It is black and white because I'm not confusing my opinion with fact...

Mine is not a high horse and there are no moral judgments on my part regarding you or anyone else...

Again, you are confusing "right vs. wrong" with what the rules of conduct say...

There are rules that say you can't sexually harass a woman in your place of work...that is not an opinion, that is a fact...

Whether or not she wore tight clothing or entered a locker room filled with half-naked men does not negate the rule...

If knowing the rules makes me arrogant, then so be it...that's just your opinion...

And, once again, you seem incapable of allowing her to take any responsibility for how she acts in a professional setting. And you also seem incapable of reading the fact I said the Jets were wrong as well. But, if telling you that flat out, multiple times, isn;t enough for you, well, then that's a you problem. No where sis I say she was asking for it. I just said if you act unprofessional, you should expect to be treated unprofessionally, right or wrong. You know, oddly enough, I don;t ever hear of Andrea Kramer havign this problem. Or even Suzie Kolber. Nope, just the one who dreses like she is going to the club afetrwards.

RuthlessBurgher
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Or even Suzie Kolber.

Bad example. She had her own run in with a hornball New York Jet.

http://www-movieline-com.vimg.net/images/namath_kolber.jpg

feltdizz
09-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I apologize... apparently there is more than 1 Inez...

A different Inez had the wedding dress on... but Sainz had a strong arm competition and was touching all the guys biceps at the SB a year or 2 ago.

It's safe to say Latin TV is a more liberal than american reporting

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 02:32 PM
you did....

she is now making the news rounds saying she didn't want to press charges.

yet you are running to her defense as she puts on another pair of hot pants to find the next group of athletes she can poke her butt out for.

There are no rules against her wearing hot pants...

There are rules about how those athletes treat her and other female reporters...the fact that she is wearing hot pants has nothing to do with those rules...

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 02:36 PM
And, once again, you seem incapable of allowing her to take any responsibility for how she acts in a professional setting. And you also seem incapable of reading the fact I said the Jets were wrong as well. But, if telling you that flat out, multiple times, isn;t enough for you, well, then that's a you problem. No where sis I say she was asking for it. I just said if you act unprofessional, you should expect to be treated unprofessionally, right or wrong. You know, oddly enough, I don;t ever hear of Andrea Kramer havign this problem. Or even Suzie Kolber. Nope, just the one who dreses like she is going to the club afetrwards.

Two wrongs never make a right...

Whether or not she dresses unprofessionally has nothing to do with the rules in place regarding the treatment of female reporters...

If you act unprofessionally, you can expect to be treated unprofessionally...sure, I'll go along with that...

However, when the people who treat you unprofessionally are not permitted to do so, regardless of your manner of dress, that is their problem and not yours...

proudpittsburgher
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM

Two wrongs never make a right...

Whether or not she dresses unprofessionally has nothing to do with the rules in place regarding the treatment of female reporters...

If you act unprofessionally, you can expect to be treated unprofessionally...sure, I'll go along with that...

However, when the people who treat you unprofessionally are not permitted to do so, regardless of your manner of dress, that is their problem and not yours...

Ok, how about this then. Legally (I think, but I have never seen these written laws) the Jets shouldn't have acted the way they did. Professionally, she shouldn't have shown up dressed how she was dressed (I am a journalist, been so for 12 years now, covered an NCAA tournament, Panthers training camp, etc, and those are the understood laws of journalism) fair enough?

Slapstick
09-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Ok, how about this then. Legally (I think, but I have never seen these written laws) the Jets shouldn't have acted the way they did. Professionally, she shouldn't have shown up dressed how she was dressed (I am a journalist, been so for 12 years now, covered an NCAA tournament, Panthers training camp, etc, and those are the understood laws of journalism) fair enough?

I mentioned on another thread that I am a teacher...

Every so often, I am required to meet with parents...some of those parents are mothers who dress inappropriately for a meeting with their child's teacher...

What do you think would happen if I subjected a student's mother to catcalls and/or other unprofessional conduct during the parent/teacher conference?

Would it make it any better for me if I told my principal or superintendent that she was dressed provocatively and obviously wanted the attention?

The focus of the matter should be the lack of professional conduct on the part of the Jets organization...at the workplace, part of their job is to treat Ines Sainz as professionally as I am required to treat the inappropriately dressed parents of my students...

That is the reality of the situation...Ines Sainz was dressed appropriately as per her cultural and professional expectations, which, admittedly, are different from ours...

So, should she have shown up to a locker room in hot pants? That was not a good choice on her part...

I'm just saying that her fashion choices have no bearing on how those players and coaches are required to treat her at their place of work...she didn't meet them at a bar...

proudpittsburgher
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM

I mentioned on another thread that I am a teacher...

Every so often, I am required to meet with parents...some of those parents are mothers who dress inappropriately for a meeting with their child's teacher...

What do you think would happen if I subjected a student's mother to catcalls and/or other unprofessional conduct during the parent/teacher conference?

Would it make it any better for me if I told my principal or superintendent that she was dressed provocatively and obviously wanted the attention?

The focus of the matter should be the lack of professional conduct on the part of the Jets organization...at the workplace, part of their job is to treat Ines Sainz as professionally as I am required to treat the inappropriately dressed parents of my students...

That is the reality of the situation...Ines Sainz was dressed appropriately as per her cultural and professional expectations, which, admittedly, are different from ours...

So, should she have shown up to a locker room in hot pants? That was not a good choice on her part...

I'm just saying that her fashion choices have no bearing on how those players and coaches are required to treat her at their place of work...she didn't meet them at a bar...

Sorry, a parent coming in for a parent/teacher conference is not employed by anyone and is not doing a job. It is a parent. And I would assume you, as ateacher, have a different attitude than do a bunch of oversized, immature and catered to football players. Plus, I am assuming every player didn;t so what she said they did, just a few immature players. Either way, your analogy isn't apples to apples. It is th eplayers responsibility to be professional at what they do, just as it is her job. If you are a journalist covering the event, it is her responsibility to act the part. She didn'tIs that an open invitation for them to act as they did? no, it isn't at all, but she shares at least 25 percent of the blame.