PDA

View Full Version : Doyle Happy Steelers Won Without Roethlisberger

BradshawsHairdresser
09-12-2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1393 ... n-this-one (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13934526/sorry-atlanta-had-to-root-for-steelers-in-this-one)

Claims that Ben's teammates aren't that fond of him, but love Dixon.

Also says they like Mendy a lot more than they liked Willie Parker.

I wonder if he really knows this stuff, or if he's just making a lot of it up.

Crash
09-12-2010, 11:35 PM
He claims Mendenhall doesn't have an attitude problem, but fails to mention that Tomlin benched him last season because of one.

Claims Ben never had the locker room, but was voted captain the last two seasons prior and team MVP once, and is close with quite a few of his teammates.

He uses, once again, loudmouth Hines as his "reference point".

He knows nothing. Just an arrogant hack piling on.

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 11:36 PM
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13480&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13480&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

Doyle is a douchebag.

ikestops85
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Gregg Doyle, you are the proud winner of

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Idiot/assclown.jpg

Slapstick
09-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey, I'm happy the Steelers won without Roethlisberger...all true Steeler fans are...

feltdizz
09-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey, I'm happy the Steelers won without Roethlisberger...all true Steeler fans are...
:tt2

true.. It's great to see our youth flourishing in Ben's absence but we all know with Ben we probably would have won by... 3 points in regulation. I would say we would have blown them out but we don't blow anyone out. LOL!!!

The guy was clearly trying to start a fight with that non story

Ozey74
09-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I doubt Ben would of broke down in the locker room before his suspension if he didn't along with his teammates.

papillon
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
He claims Mendenhall doesn't have an attitude problem, but fails to mention that Tomlin benched him last season because of one.

Claims Ben never had the locker room, but was voted captain the last two seasons prior and team MVP once, and is close with quite a few of his teammates.

In fairness to Mendenhall he wasn't benched because of an attitude problem he wasn't putting forth the effort and paying attention to details in a fashion that Mike Tomlin found acceptable. He's never had an attitude problem with the Steelers.

Pappy

BradshawsHairdresser
09-13-2010, 11:28 PM

In fairness to Mendenhall he wasn't benched because of an attitude problem he wasn't putting forth the effort and paying attention to details in a fashion that Mike Tomlin found acceptable. He's never had an attitude problem with the Steelers.

Pappy

Yeah, I don't ever recall any stories indicating Mendy had a bad attitude.

But I tend to agree with Crash that Doyle really doesn't know the Steelers' locker room situation.

Crash
09-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Mendenhall was benched not only for the errors in practice, but for supposedly making a smart remark to a coach (Maybe to Tomlin himself) about his lack of playing time when told what he needed to do to correct his mistakes.

There were also rumors in 2008 that some teammates were upset he wasn't around the players as much as he should have been when he was rehabbing his broken shoulder.

Captain Lemming
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I for one will NEVER be happy the Steelers won without Ben. :roll:

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 10:05 AM

:mrgreen:

but you know there are a few on here that wanted us to go 0-4 to show how important Ben is to the team. While he is certainly our franchise QB I think it's crazy to think we can't win without him. It won't be pretty but we never had a problem winning games with sub par QB play. We had problems winning the BIG games with sub par QB games but we have always been a team that can grind out wins in the regular season.

Ghost
09-14-2010, 10:23 AM
He's gone. And for one game, he wasn't missed.

- I should have stopped reading after this early quote.

There's not a shred of objectivity in this piece. He clearly hates Ben. His last lines leave no doubt.

You're never going to get 53 guys to like everyone. That's true in every business. But there's no way this clown has any insight into Ben having 'lost' the entire team. Ridiculous.

sentinel33
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
of course im happy the Steelers won on Sunday. But certainly notbecause Ben wasnt in the game. Thats a ridiculous statement. Yeah, the team can win without Ben. But we were fortunate to win the game against the Falcons. With Ben i can say comfortably that there would have been no overtime.

Crash
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM

:mrgreen:

but you know there are a few on here that wanted us to go 0-4 to show how important Ben is to the team. While he is certainly our franchise QB I think it's crazy to think we can't win without him. It won't be pretty but we never had a problem winning games with sub par QB play. We had problems winning the BIG games with sub par QB games but we have always been a team that can grind out wins in the regular season.

0-4 doesn't help the cause. You never want them to lose.

It was already proven Sunday how valuable Ben is. He plays? They rout that team.

The minute Dennis Dixon and all of his mobility couldn't hit Randel El with a pass from five yards away? That ended any and all debate IMO.

And what happened when Flozell got smoked on that one sack? Dixon got squashed, just like Leftwich did against the Lions.

grotonsteel
09-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Steelers could go 4-0 if Leftwich starts against Ratbirds. Leftwich will smoke Ratbirds DB.

If Dixon starts all the 4 games then Steelers record will be 3-1.

I sent my opinion to douchebag Doyel...but it was not posted for some reason... :mrgreen:

steelcurtain44
09-14-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not going to call the guy out of his name. Yeah he might dislike Ben, but the same can be said for people on this board who dislikes another player on a different team. From what I read, I tend to agree. Ben does need to be humbled. He needs to see his teammates out there supporting Dixon and playing as a team, because that's what it's (team) all about.

From all the posts I was reading, most every one was talking doom and gloom without Ben. That the Steelers couldn't win with any of the QBs other than Ben. So did most in the media. Ben has hurt the fans, his teammates and the whole Steelers organization with his actions in the past. His ego was out of control. His off the field distractions were killing the Steelers. He put the Steelers in a bad position. I don't blame Goddell for suspending him, I don't blame any of the people critizing him, and the bad publicity that he has heaped upon himself is very deserving.

If you all want someone to blame, hate, ridicule or anything your hearts desire, look to noone but Big Ben himself.

grotonsteel
09-14-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm not going to call the guy out of his name. Yeah he might dislike Ben, but the same can be said for people on this board who dislikes another player on a different team. From what I read, I tend to agree. Ben does need to be humbled. He needs to see his teammates out there supporting Dixon and playing as a team, because that's what it's (team) all about.

I have every to right to call Doyel out ..he is a journalist and he is not doing his job..

" The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility."

Tell me one thing why should Doyel be not fired from his job??? Or as a matter of fact CBS editor should get the boot for approving such stupid articles.

I don't work in media but if i did such a pathetic job at my company i would be fired next day.

And if you agree with Doyel more power to you..maybe you are into National Enquirer/Star Magazine...

feltdizz
09-14-2010, 03:06 PM

I have every to right to call Doyel out ..he is a journalist and he is not doing his job..

" The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility."

Tell me one thing why should Doyel be not fired from his job??? Or as a matter of fact CBS editor should get the boot for approving such stupid articles.

I don't work in media but if i did such a pathetic job at my company i would be fired next day.

And if you agree with Doyel more power to you..maybe you are into National Enquirer/Star Magazine...

dude.. that definition is ancient... no one has integrity anymore and the guy who was suspended for saying Ben got 5 games in a Tweet proved it.

Look how many journalist ran with that info without fact checking?

These guys are out to get clicks.

grotonsteel
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM

dude.. that definition is ancient... no one has integrity anymore and the guy who was suspended for saying Ben got 5 games in a Tweet proved it.

Look how many journalist ran with that info without fact checking?

These guys are out to get clicks.

:Agree

Well i had written my opinion to Doyel and there was mention of "clicks" in my opinion but Doyel failed to post my opinion. Maybe it was close to reality..... :twisted:

cruzer8
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm not going to go back and re-read that drivel, but I don't recall seeing too many actual facts in that piece (of sh!t).

Crash
09-27-2010, 04:08 AM
This same jerkoff DEFENDED Braylon Edwards tonight, the same Braylon Edwards who was charged with a crime and put others' lives at risk.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1402 ... thy-player (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14021965/sorry-haters-edwards-proves-himself-worthy-player)