PDA

View Full Version : answer me this please

JTP53609
09-12-2010, 09:18 PM
on the play late in the game where tomlin challenged the spot on the field where the refs told him he could not challenge it because it was short of the first down...

I noticed that the clock stopped and my question is this, why did it not keep going. Nobody wound up using a timeout (because both teams still had all three), the falcon who was tackled was tackled in the middle of the field, so I understand why the clock stopped when tomlin tried to challenge, but after he was told he could not challenge it, shouldnt they have started the clock up again, just a little thing i was curious about.

Discipline of Steel
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Tomlin did that to give the D a breather. I think it was fortuitous that they stopped the clock during the chat. In essence, our wily head janitor used the red flag to get a quick free TO.

JTP53609
09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
it was definetly a nice break for us, but shouldnt they have started the clock once everything was set....

and hey have some respect say custodian not janitor :D

Steelskin
09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
it was definetly a nice break for us, but shouldnt they have started the clock once everything was set....

and hey have some respect say custodian not janitor :D

Surely you mean sanitation director :roll:

Northern_Blitz
09-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Pretty sure that Atlanta called a TO there.

JTP53609
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Pretty sure that Atlanta called a TO there.

they did not because after the field goal i looked at the time out situation and we had 3 and they had 3