PDA

View Full Version : Although BA sent him in the game with a target on his back..

Stewie
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Ike Redman converted every one of the short yardage plays he was asked to convert.

jj28west
09-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I think the third down after Troy Int was the only failed conversion but he did do well in what he was asked.

grotonsteel
09-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I think the third down after Troy Int was the only failed conversion but he did do well in what he was asked.

True. Lofton busted Redman on that play.

Redman converted on every 3rd and 1 play except that one. I will take it. It was far better performance on 3rd and short yardage compared to last season... :tt2

feltdizz
09-13-2010, 08:31 AM

True. Lofton busted Redman on that play.

Redman converted on every 3rd and 1 play except that one. I will take it. It was far better performance on 3rd and short yardage compared to last season... :tt2

the last one was blown up early.. not his fault.

he should have been on the team last year. The guy doesn't dance or hesitate.. he picks a hole and converts. I hope he gets more touches too...

steelblood
09-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I like him in the Pony set as well. He actually could develop into a serviceable lead blocker. I'd like to see more screens out of the Pony. We could set up screens to the right and left and give Dixon the option to run up the middle.

proudpittsburgher
09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I believe it was on the play where he was blown up, but is it possible to even leave open the possibility that Redman isn't going to get the ball when he comes in? Tomlin stopped him before he went on the field and basically told him to hold on to the football. So, was it any guess who the ball was going to? It's a lot easier to stop a short yardage play when you know, witherout a shadow of a doubt, who the ball was going to\.

Stewie
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
I believe it was on the play where he was blown up, but is it possible to even leave open the possibility that Redman isn't going to get the ball when he comes in? Tomlin stopped him before he went on the field and basically told him to hold on to the football. So, was it any guess who the ball was going to? It's a lot easier to stop a short yardage play when you know, witherout a shadow of a doubt, who the ball was going to\.

That's my point. Put him in in the pony on first and ten sometimes, and put him in a short yardage in the pony and give the ball to Mendenhall. I believe a play action fake with a rollout the other way would be a biggie in either circumstance.