PDA

View Full Version : So which Steeler gets your game ball today?

hawaiiansteel
09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
which Steeler would you choose?

Mendenhall - 22 carries for 120 yds. and game-winning 50 yard TD run

Hines Ward - 6 catches for 108 yards

Sepulveda - in a battle for field position, 5 punts for 254 yds (a 50.8 yd. average)

Bryant McFadden - 14 tackles, 1 pass defensed

Lawrence Timmons - 11 tackles, 3 TFL

James Harrison - 9 tacles, 2 TFL, 1 sack

Troy - 5 tackles, makes game-winning interception if Reed makes 40 yarder

Relentless7
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Great topic.

I think you can make a case for ANY player on your list...

But I'm a D guy so I'll go with the Best player on the field who made the biggest play. My game ball would go to Troy.

kiwi_sarah
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
It has to be Troy for me (not that Mendy wasn't awesome). Troy is such a game changer - you can't lose hope when he's on the field, he just makes stuff happen, it's magic.

jj28west
09-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Timmons

Discipline of Steel
09-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Hines Ward made the most of his opportunities. I thought he was awesome today.

2nd - D played great overall.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-12-2010, 05:40 PM
It sure is nice when it's so hard to make a choice! :tt1 :tt2

If there were an "anti-game ball", I'd give it to Skippy, I think.

And DD came perilously close to laying claim to that as well ... :cry:

DukieBoy
09-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Troy and Timmons on D.
Hines and Pouncy on O.
Sep on ST's.

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 05:42 PM
O - Mendy

D - Timmons

ST - Sepulveda

papillon
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
1 game, 1 ball....Timmons

Pappy

Ozey74
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Hines Ward. Came through when it was needed the most in my opinion.

:tt2

jj28west
09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Troy and Timmons on D.
Hines and Pouncy on O.
Sep on ST's.

Forgot about Sep with the change of field Position and high punts. Good Point.

kiwi_sarah
09-12-2010, 05:55 PM
It's kinda awesome that after a not-so-pretty game, there are a lot of players to be happy with. I'm going to remember this thread tomorrow when the hand wringing about NEXT week starts!

SteelHoss
09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Troy and Timmons on D.
Hines and Pouncy on O.
Sep on ST's.

Forgot about Sep with the change of field Position and high punts. Good Point.

Great question! Tuff answer! Lawrence Timmons was all over the field and while he may not have had any stand alone splash plays...his play was impacting. :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

Snatch98
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Timmons, Troy or Mendenhall.

I'm leaning Mendenhall just because he gave us the win but Troy's INT could have came at a better time and really put the momentum in our court. Timmons was ALL OVER THE FIELD and his speed to the outside is ridiculous. RB's, especially those with speed think they are going to get outside and out of nowhere he's up their a$$. It was a really solid game by our defense and Mendenhall was grinding it out and waiting for the big one. The big one came at the right time. He's going to do big things this year, especially when Ben is back.

Chadman
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
TIMMONS!!

The time for Timmons supporters is upon us...this will be a big year, barring injury...

Stewie
09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
My game ball goes to Hines. He got a block on Mendy's run also, right beside Johnson.

steelsnis
09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Posluzny!!!! Oh wait, Timmons :wink:

DukieBoy
09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :Bow :Cheers

Steel Life
09-12-2010, 06:49 PM
O - Hines...a do "whatever it takes to win" performance.

D - Timmons...all over the field & a confidence builder.

ST - Sepulveda...almost single-handedly kept us in the game by not letting the Falcons win the field position battle.

Flasteel
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
which Steeler would you choose?

Mendenhall - 22 carries for 120 yds. and game-winning 50 yard TD run

Hines Ward - 6 catches for 108 yards

Sepulveda - in a battle for field position, 5 punts for 254 yds (a 50.8 yd. average)

Bryant McFadden - 14 tackles, 1 pass defensed

Lawrence Timmons - 11 tackles, 3 TFL

James Harrison - 9 tacles, 2 TFL, 1 sack

Troy - 5 tackles, makes game-winning interception if Reed makes 40 yarder

Man...all of these guys are desrving. I thought Timmons set the tone on defense and Troy potentially saved the game in his typical Superman fashion. Too hard to pick, so they all get a game ball from me. Great list!

skyhawk
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Pouncey.

First game. Rookie. First Steeler rookie Olineman to start day 1 since Faneca and Searcy. And he played lights out. He could be the best center in the league real soon.

blacknblue80s
09-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm going with Harrison.

His sack was game-changing, and his near sack where he was held saved a huge play towards the end of the game. He also was a big part of containing Turner.

If he wasn't held nearly every play he would have all 16 game-balls by season's end.

AngryAsian
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Timmons.

But Troy's "splash" play reminds me of any number of games in '08. Grinding out wins... gotta love it.

AngryAsian
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Timmons.

But Troy's "splash" play reminds me of any number of games in '08. Grinding out wins... gotta love it.

grotonsteel
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM

:lol:

grotonsteel
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
TIMMONS...... :tt2

He almost had that sack-fumble.

Troy was pretty ordinary today until that game changing INT. Well it would have been game winning if Skippy was on money.

Discipline of Steel
09-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm going with Harrison.

His sack was game-changing, and his near sack where he was held saved a huge play towards the end of the game. He also was a big part of containing Turner.

If he wasn't held nearly every play he would have all 16 game-balls by season's end.

Havent you heard? James Harrison is getting old and the Steelers need to start grooming his replacement now. In fact, I think Worilds was drafted to replace James Harrison since he hit the wall last year.

grotonsteel
09-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm going with Harrison.

Havent you heard? James Harrison is getting old and the Steelers need to start grooming his replacement now. In fact, I think Worilds was drafted to replace James Harrison since he hit the wall last year.

Well Jason Worilds is drafted to replace Harrison but not this season or next. Jason will eventually replace Harrison unless Jason is a bust.

steelsnis
09-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Speaking of Worilds, that kid was EVERYWHERE on special teams coverage today. Good to see him in there getting his nose dirty.

hawaiiansteel
09-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Speaking of Worilds, that kid was EVERYWHERE on special teams coverage today. Good to see him in there getting his nose dirty.

no kidding, i was really impressed with Worilds. he had 3 ST tackles, 2 of them solo... that's a pretty darn good ST performance. :Bow

blacknblue80s
09-13-2010, 04:16 AM
I'm going with Harrison.

:lol:

James is so good that we just expect this kind of outstanding game from him.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Coach Koogs.

The OL.

There were great individual efforts across the board but the Falcons came to put the game in Dixon's hands by shutting down the run. The OL was nasty and finishing blocks. They imposed their will from start to finish. They wore the front 7 down and the Falcons wanted non of it later in the game. I was getting flashbacks!

steelblood
09-13-2010, 08:45 AM
McFadden? He was average-to-good at best. The only reason he made so many tackles was because he was on Roddy White and gave him a HUGE cushion to work with. Most of Atlanta's offensive production came from throwing in front of McFadden. McFadden did not anticpate many of those routes exceptionally well and only made one or two sharp breaks to the ball. He did his job in our style of defense. But, he was not exceptional, imho.

I'd give it to Timmons or Ward. They both were one man wrecking crews. Since defense won the game. It goes to Timmons.

Slapstick
09-13-2010, 08:57 AM
McFadden took Roddy White, their big play guy and turned him into a possession receiver...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I would have thought they would have put Ike on that guy most of the time. I didn't notice - what was his primary assignment (Ike's)?