PDA

View Full Version : BA won't be able to

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
play it that close to the vest next week. He's gonna have to open up the play book some more and move DD around.

papillon
09-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I'd rather he play it close to the vest as long as the game is close and the game is there for the taking in the 4th quarter. Dennis Dixon is not ready for prime time just yet, IMO. I'd try and win the game with Mendenhall, special teams and the defense. Control the passing game with short, easy to complete and high percentage passes.

Pappy

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd rather he play it close to the vest as long as the game is close and the game is there for the taking in the 4th quarter. Dennis Dixon is not ready for prime time just yet, IMO. I'd try and win the game with Mendenhall, special teams and the defense. Control the passing game with short, easy to complete and high percentage passes.

Pappy

Don't know if you saw any of the Titans game today, but if BA doesn't open it up more next week the result is gonna be similar...for the Titans.

Titans 38, Raiders 13. And it wasn't that close.

feltdizz
09-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Pappy

Don't know if you saw any of the Titans game today, but if BA doesn't open it up more next week the result is gonna be similar...for the Titans.

are we the Raiders?

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Pappy

are we the Raiders?

:roll:

DukieBoy
09-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Like to see Dix moving more --- it opens up the secondary for Hines and Heath.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 04:54 PM

AAAAAAAAAmen!!!!!

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:55 PM

Which is exactly what I was getting at.

If he plays it this way against the Titans it is not going to be good...for us.

DukieBoy
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Too many runs Mendy left inside on 1st downs in the 2nd half. Mendy made most of his yardage off-tackle right, I think, even before the TD run.

ATL adjusted to predict and stack those runs. Too many 2nd and 8 or 9 yards in the second half.

Steelers>NFL
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM

AAAAAAAAAmen!!!!!

Yeah, at the end of this game today I was thinking that DD did not roll out once. Let alone run once. For being very mobile, he did not show it today.

BURGH86STEEL
09-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Which is exactly what I was getting at.

If he plays it this way against the Titans it is not going to be good...for us.

They will have a chance to win as long as the defense and special teams play well.

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 05:34 PM

AAAAAAAAAmen!!!!!

Yeah, at the end of this game today I was thinking that DD did not roll out once. Let alone run once. For being very mobile, he did not show it today.

2nd offensive play...after that we never saw it again.

buckeyehoppy
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
[quote=DukieBoy]Like to see Dix moving more --- it opens up the secondary for Hines and Heath.

AAAAAAAAAmen!!!!!

2nd offensive play...after that we never saw it again.[/quote:1j1okos9]

It's why BA is a putz! Guy is chicken $hit to let anyone see anything in his offensive "scheme". Dude should try and trot this out: run a f---ing offense that works and let's see if they can stop it. DDix is obviously talented and has more than adequate players around him. If he wants to be a f--- pig and masturbate with his "offensive coordination" he can be my guest and do it for someone else.

Run the g*ddam offense, Butt Boy Arians!

papillon
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Pappy

No, I didn't see any of that game and have no idea what transpired. However, the Steelers aren't the Raiders and devising a game plan for the Titans based on what the Raiders did or didn't do isn't a good idea. Tomlin, Arians and Lebeau will need to have a plan that uses the weapons the Steelers have and Dennis Dixon isn't one of the weapons, IMO.

Conservative offense, outstanding defense, good special teams and play 60 minutes of field position and try to steal one late.

On another note, the Tampa game is going to be big, it could be the game that determines if the Steelers are 1-3 or 2-2 when Ben gets back.

Pappy

Stewie
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM

Pappy

are we the Raiders?

NO, but Michael Turner and the Falcons OL are not Chris Johnson and the Titans OL.

Snatch98
09-12-2010, 06:32 PM

Pappy

are we the Raiders?

NO, but Michael Turner and the Falcons OL are not Chris Johnson and the Titans OL.

What are you even trying to say here? Chris Johnson is a damn freak but he's not rushing the way he's rushing because of his offensive line. He makes plays all on his own a lot of the time. Micheal Tuner is no slouch and we had him shut down. We have the speed outside to contain Chris Johnson but he's still going to get his in my opinion. All of which is completely irrelevant to opening up or not opening up the playbook to Dennis Dixon. Dixon just needed some confidence and I think that's what this game was about more than anything. As the season rolls on they'll give him more to do, as of now they just don't want him losing games. I'm 100% okay with him doing more because he has the athletic ability to do more.

He just needed and needs the confidence first and this game helped in that regard. I doubt they're so conservative next week. Either way our defense and the running game are going to win us football games. I just think people want to see Dixon use his athletic ability a lot more and get out in space. Although the Falcons are fast on the outside as well so there was probably a reason for keeping things simple outside of Dixon running the offense with little experience.

skyhawk
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Have the Steelers ever won in Nashville (or Memphis)???

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Pappy

are we the Raiders?

What are you even trying to say here? Chris Johnson is a damn freak but he's not rushing the way he's rushing because of his offensive line. He makes plays all on his own a lot of the time. Micheal Tuner is no slouch and we had him shut down. We have the speed outside to contain Chris Johnson but he's still going to get his in my opinion. All of which is completely irrelevant to opening up or not opening up the playbook to Dennis Dixon. Dixon just needed some confidence and I think that's what this game was about more than anything. As the season rolls on they'll give him more to do, as of now they just don't want him losing games. I'm 100% okay with him doing more because he has the athletic ability to do more.

He just needed and needs the confidence first and this game helped in that regard. I doubt they're so conservative next week. Either way our defense and the running game are going to win us football games. I just think people want to see Dixon use his athletic ability a lot more and get out in space. Although the Falcons are fast on the outside as well so there was probably a reason for keeping things simple outside of Dixon running the offense with little experience.

I hope not, because if they are they will lose.

Steel Life
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
First, I think the Titans are better suited to play against Dixon because they practice against a guy like him Young. But let's not get carried away with our praise of them either...Atlanta is better than Oakland period. Plus, John's & Young's stats are a bit misleading as half of Johnson's yards came on one play (a broken one at that) & Young threw mostly check-downs with the exception of the one long TD he threw to Nate. Otherwise what you have are Johnson going 26 carries for 66 yards & Young going 12/16 for 96 yards...hardly world-beating numbers.

How about we say that a few things were learned today & the playbook will be adjusted accordingly (unless Arians is as hard-headedas we all fear) & hopefully the defense will continue it's strong play? :tt2

Oviedo
09-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Have the Steelers ever won in Nashville (or Memphis)???

Not often. One of the toughest places for us to play.

Slapstick
09-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Dixon has another game's worth of experience under his belt and another full week to prepare as the starter...

The playbook will continue to open up for him organically, based upon the game plan for the Titans...

frankthetank1
09-13-2010, 08:49 AM
i hope BA does play it close to the vest again. with this defense all the offense has to do is put up a couple of td's and not turn the ball over. yesterday the defense looked like it did in 2008. turner is one of the best RB's in the nfl and the D shut him down. im not worried about chris johnson. he may bust a big one on a screen pass but im not worried about him running all over the D.

Vince young sucks. if we are able to put pressure on him like the D did against matt ryan he should be good for a few int's. having troy and smith back is big but the entire defense looked so much better than last season and its all because of the qb pressure. all i really worry about is dixon turning the ball over or not moving the ball at all. once ben gets back i like the steelers chances to make a deep run in the playoffs. that is barring any OTHER injuries besides hampton and starks.