PDA

View Full Version : 1-0 - they can't take that away from us!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
:tt2 :tt1

kiwi_sarah
09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
omg, that was just.....ugh....unbelievable. I laughed....I cried (shut up, I'm a girl and skippy almost broke my heart) Troy is a GOD. I love Mendy!!!!!!!

Iron Shiek
09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
I didn't even come on here or read any other messages but this one. I never doubted the victory, some very bad things happened during the game but they will work through them.

Week 2...get ready.

eniparadoxgma
09-12-2010, 04:23 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOONS :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

kiwi_sarah
09-12-2010, 04:26 PM

God, it almost feels like that. I'm exhausted. That was so tiring to watch.

msp26505
09-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Why would we even have to worry about someone taking anything away from us.

Things I know:

1. Atlanta is good. This was not like playing the Browns, Raiders, or Chiefs. (Intentional choice of teams)

2. The D is sooooo much better with Troy and Aaron back.

3. Dixon is a stop-gap. He is functional, but VERY green. I'd love to see more designed roll-outs and opportunities for him to use his feet, but he'll probably cost us a game with an INT before Ben gets back.

3. I like the commitment to the run, but still hate Arians. He didn't put Dixon in the best position to win IMO. Again, more roll-outs and designed runs, and if he would have called run on 2nd and 5 mid-way through the 4th quarter, that sack would not have happened, which means that second sack probably wouldn't have happened. I figure we could have then pulled it out with a FG in regulation...at least unless Skippy choked.

4. 2-2 is almost a certainty, and 3-1 or maybe even 4-0 is doable. Then Ben gets back, we have a run game and a defense and are on our way.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Why would we even have to worry about someone taking anything away from us.

Things I know:

1. Atlanta is good. This was not like playing the Browns, Raiders, or Chiefs. (Intentional choice of teams)

2. The D is sooooo much better with Troy and Aaron back.

3. Dixon is a stop-gap. He is functional, but VERY green. I'd love to see more designed roll-outs and opportunities for him to use his feet, but he'll probably cost us a game with an INT before Ben gets back.

3. I like the commitment to the run, but still hate Arians. He didn't put Dixon in the best position to win IMO. Again, more roll-outs and designed runs, and if he would have called run on 2nd and 5 mid-way through the 4th quarter, that sack would not have happened, which means that second sack probably wouldn't have happened. I figure we could have then pulled it out with a FG in regulation...at least unless Skippy choked.

4. 2-2 is almost a certainty, and 3-1 or maybe even 4-0 is doable. Then Ben gets back, we have a run game and a defense and are on our way.

Yeah, not the best choice of words! It was just that we seemed to have that game won after Troy's interception, and then fate (Skippy, actually) stole the victory away. It felt like a friggin' play off game!!

Relentless7
09-12-2010, 05:45 PM

In fairness to you... you DID wake up in the middle of the night to watch it. So you have a right to be exhausted.

kiwi_sarah
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM

In fairness to you... you DID wake up in the middle of the night to watch it. So you have a right to be exhausted.

I guess? I don't know - is 4am "middle of the night"? I always think 3am qualifies, but 4am is just a REALLY early start lol

Relentless7
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
[quote=eniparadoxgma]WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOONS :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

I guess? I don't know - is 4am "middle of the night"? I always think 3am qualifies, but 4am is just a REALLY early start lol[/quote:3nw0beu7]

I'm not a morning person... so like 7AM is middle of the night to me.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 06:27 PM

I saw you in a commercial, waving a pinwheel!!! :?

JTP53609
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
im no mathologist :tt2 ....but what is our record on pace to be now for the season

Mister Pittsburgh
09-13-2010, 07:12 AM
I am not going to be too hard on Skippy. He booted the longest FG in Heinz Field history, had the leg for the 55 yder, and the one he missed toward the end sliced like a bastard. Good & bad day for Jeff. His kickoffs were awesome though. Nice & deep.

proudpittsburgher
09-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I am not going to be too hard on Skippy. He booted the longest FG in Heinz Field history, had the leg for the 55 yder, and the one he missed toward the end sliced like a bastard. Good & bad day for Jeff. His kickoffs were awesome though. Nice & deep.

The worse part about the missed kick is I was afraid it was coming. He barely squeeked in the short one the kick before to the right, and I was worried about wide right, which it was. But I was very impressed witht he close kick on the 55 yarder. Skippy put some pep into that one. And I almost peed my pants when he put one six yards into the end zone, which shows you he can do it.

Chadman
09-13-2010, 10:26 AM
http://www.nfl.com/GoodellhatestheSteelers

Written by Bob Duncecap

After doling out a 6 game suspension to Ben Roethlisberger in the pre-season, and reducing it to 4 games on the eve of NFL kick-off, Roger Goodell has today released the final, hidden, component of his terms to Ben Roethlisberger & the Pittsburgh Steelers- no victories during Ben's suspension will count towards the Steelers record in 2010/11.

In what will undoubtably upset a few hardcore Steeler fans, Goodell explained that he simply cannot be seen to go soft on a franchise that encourages loutish behaviour, so the punishment will be ever evolving until he decides he's tormented Pittsburgh enough.

More news to follow...

ikestops85
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM

The worse part about the missed kick is I was afraid it was coming. He barely squeeked in the short one the kick before to the right, and I was worried about wide right, which it was. But I was very impressed witht he close kick on the 55 yarder. Skippy put some pep into that one. And I almost peed my pants when he put one six yards into the end zone, which shows you he can do it.

His kickoffs are always good the first couple of games into the season. It's after that he tends to screw up his kickoffs.

Anyway, a great win for the team. Many problem areas to work on but also saw much improvement in special teams and short yardage offense.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

ramblinjim
09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
It's also a ton easier to put those kicks into the end zone when it's 70 degrees outside, less so when it's 25.

Skippy's kickoff's leave a lot to be desired but come late fall and winter, I'm not sure anyone playing outside in the North is knocking the ball out of the end zone.