PDA

View Full Version : Does Mendenhall spin in his sleep too?

feltdizz
09-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Stop spinning and run!!!

Snatch98
09-12-2010, 04:10 PM
If he doesn't spin off some of those tackles he's not picking up as much positive yardage. He's spinning off tackles and grabbing the extra half yard/yard each time. I'd rather him do that than fall straight down. The game is a game of inches after all.

Jigawatts
09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
At least he didn't have to spin into the end zone.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snatch98
09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
He spins when he has to and as I said before those spins get him more yardage. He didn't spin on that one lol.

1-0 baby!

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:22 PM
If he doesn't spin off some of those tackles he's not picking up as much positive yardage. He's spinning off tackles and grabbing the extra half yard/yard each time. I'd rather him do that than fall straight down. The game is a game of inches after all.

He's just supposed to put his head down and get stuffed, dammit. That's Steelers football!

feltdizz
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
No spin and he hits the hole and scores a TD. I have no problem with occassional spins but he was spinning all game.

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM
He spins when he has to and as I said before those spins get him more yardage. He didn't spin on that one lol.

1-0 baby!

LOL!

Snatch98
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
No spin and he hits the hole and scores a TD. I have no problem with occassional spins but he was spinning all game.

What game were you watching? He's getting hit and spinning off the hit. No spin and he's straight down. He's not spinning when he has a open running lane, ONLY after first contact. I'd say his spinning accounted for a good 15-20 extra yards today when you add up all his carries, maybe not that much but certainly over 10 yards. If the hole is there he's hitting it.

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:34 PM

What game were you watching? He's getting hit and spinning off the hit. No spin and he's straight down. He's not spinning when he has a open running lane, ONLY after first contact. I'd say his spinning accounted for a good 15-20 extra yards today when you add up all his carries, maybe not that much but certainly over 10 yards. If the hole is there he's hitting it.

Not exactly rocket science, is it?

Chadman
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
GIVE THE BALL...

TO MENDENHALL!

SteelHoss
09-12-2010, 06:50 PM

:Agree :Cheers 1- :D

JPbucco
09-12-2010, 07:00 PM
We played a new game today...When Mendenhall spins, you drink....I'm still drunk.

skyhawk
09-12-2010, 07:03 PM

LOL. Sure isn't. They teach you to spin in Pop Warner.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Some RBs, especially the old ones a year or two from being put on the shelf, spin to try to compensate for the loss of the "burst" they used to have. The "spin" is a close cousin to the "dance".

I don't mind Mendy spinning as long as he doesn't get the ball punched out while he's doing it.

:twisted: :twisted:

Slapstick
09-12-2010, 07:07 PM
When the spinning stops working, I'll start complaining...

msp26505
09-12-2010, 07:10 PM
We played a new game today...When Mendenhall spins, you drink....I'm still drunk.

You'll need to book a room at the Betty Ford Clinic by the end of the season.

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM

LOL. Sure isn't. They teach you to spin in Pop Warner.

Yup!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Better book now ... it's filling up (... with Steeler Nation fans!!)

skyhawk
09-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Better book now ... it's filling up (... with Steeler Nation fans!!)

Hopefully Steeler fans aren't sober next week.

Discipline of Steel
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Some RBs, especially the old ones a year or two from being put on the shelf, spin to try to compensate for the loss of the "burst" they used to have. The "spin" is a close cousin to the "dance".

I don't mind Mendy spinning as long as he doesn't get the ball punched out while he's doing it.

The ball was out there a couple times and i cringed...

feltdizz
09-13-2010, 08:40 AM

The ball was out there a couple times and i cringed...

He had a few spins where he had the ball tucked away. I have no problem with the spin but on the first 15 touches he probably spun about 15 to 20 times.

The guy has moves and can take it to the house like we witnessed with the game winner.

JPbucco
09-13-2010, 08:48 AM
2 spins on the same run = shot of Plinkovac

BDESteel
09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
If Mendy shifted his feet and burst to the left or to the right instead of spinning, he could potentially pick up more yardage because he wouldn't have to regain balance after the spin.

If it's so elementary, why doesn't anyone else in the league do it? It's like leaving your feet to jump over someone. It may work but it's not the best thing to do.

I love Delicious' style, I'd just like to see a little less of the spin.

cruzer8
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
The spin is a non-issue.

Jigawatts
09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
If Mendy shifted his feet and burst to the left or to the right instead of spinning, he could potentially pick up more yardage because he wouldn't have to regain balance after the spin.

If it's so elementary, why doesn't anyone else in the league do it? It's like leaving your feet to jump over someone. It may work but it's not the best thing to do.

I think Spinderella is a much better nick name than Delicious. Delicious sounds kind of
foppish. Spinderella sounds like a magically swift runner with a sprinkle of hip hop swang.

ikestops85
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM

I think Spinderella is a much better nick name than Delicious. Delicious sounds kind of
foppish. Spinderella sounds like a magically swift runner with a sprinkle of hip hop swang.

Revolving Rashard ... he keeps revolving no matter how many times he gets hit!

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2010, 12:36 PM
I was at the game...not sure of the TV cameras caught it, but at one point, Mendenhall was spinning so much that a cow flew over the field.

http://pixdaus.com/pics/121461463648GTshk.jpg

:mrgreen:

Jigawatts
09-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I was at the game...not sure of the TV cameras caught it, but at one point, Mendenhall was spinning so much that a cow flew over the field.

This is a weird coincidence, but Bill Paxton drove through my living room yesterday.

feltdizz
09-13-2010, 12:55 PM

:Agree

I didn't say he should never spin but he was a spinning machine yesterday. I think if he cuts and turns the jets on we will see Mend take more runs to the house.

ikestops85
09-13-2010, 12:57 PM

Trailer parks quake in fear when Mendy comes to town. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2010, 01:20 PM

Trailer parks quake in fear when Mendy comes to town. :lol:

People predicted "Hey diddle diddle, Mendy up the middle" as our first play, and Mendy did his best to oblige by trying to send that ol' cow flying over the d@mn moon. By the end of the game, flatware was mingling with cutlery...it was truly glorious to behold (although I still don't know what that silly puppy was chuckling about, though...feline fiddlers aren't that funny after all). :P

BDESteel
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM

Lol! My friend called him Spindenhall. :Beer :Beer

Captain Lemming
09-13-2010, 02:45 PM

Hmmm, named after Salt-n-Peppas DJ......

I dont know about the spin moves, I just hope in short yardage against the defense he can:

"Push it real good!!!"

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/spinderella.jpg

feltdizz
09-13-2010, 02:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cruzer8
09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
People complain about what works and people complain about what doesn't work. Are any of you *ever* happy?

The spin is a very effective move for him. It gets him extra yards and he only does it when it's necessary. Non-issue.

RuthlessBurgher
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Spinderella's lead blocking fullback in short yardage situations could either be Salt (Legursky) or Pepa (Johnson). Hmmm... :P