PDA

View Full Version : Let's hope that there are

Stewie
09-12-2010, 10:52 AM
a lot of Atlanta punts, but be prepared to be underwhelmed with ARE's returns.

Q. Who will handle the kick returning against the Falcons?

A. Were going to let Antwaan Randle El return punts. We have a level of comfort there with a veteran guy. We have a lot of young guys doing a lot of critical things for us, and so we want that to be a security blanket area. Antwaan has done it for a long time, and hes capable of doing it at a high level. Well have a combination of Mewelde Moore and Emmanuel Sanders as kickoff return men.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 72fb7904a5 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/On-concerns-comfort-captains/122a8416-82c8-430f-9ad9-d372fb7904a5)

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
We get it. You don't like ARE.

I think he brings good value, especially if Ward misses any time. I'm happy to have him back and think he'll be just fine returning punts.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
First half; 4 Atlanta punts; 3 FCs and a return for 7. One catch for 4 yds. Value?

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
First half; 4 Atlanta punts; 3 FCs and a return for 7. One catch for 4 yds. Value?

He's had so much room for returns...heck, they should have all gone for TDs.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM

He had room on a least one that he FC.

stlrz d
09-12-2010, 04:24 PM

He had room on a least one that he FC.

When you're seeing from the same point of view as him then I'll take your word for it. TV is 2 dimensional and views from the side aren't reliable.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Then your sarcasm was also wrong.

I am STILL underwhelmed. 7 punts 5 fair catches; 2 returns for an avg. of 3 yds. 2 catches for a total of 8 yds. PLAY the young boys!!!!!

DukieBoy
09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Then your sarcasm was also wrong.

I am STILL underwhelmed. 7 punts 5 fair catches; 2 returns for an avg. of 3 yds. 2 catches for a total of 8 yds. PLAY the young boys!!!!!
And NO fumbles.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes, no fumbles. Forgive me for wanting a little more.

DukieBoy
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes, no fumbles. Forgive me for wanting a little more.

I'm thinking we'll see the young talent on some PR's before mid-season, unless ARE breaks some loose. The ATL punter did a good job with hangtime and direction, I thought. Sep outdid that, and his punting contributed significantly to the win.

Steelers>NFL
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
ARE was not good today. Fair catch when he shoudn't have.
And run when he shouldn't have. Almost as if he rally did not want to
return ther ball today.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
ARE was not good today. Fair catch when he shoudn't have.
And run when he shouldn't have. Almost as if he rally did not want to
return ther ball today.

That's been the situation for the last coupla years. He seems to have lost his passion for the game.

Steelhere10
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Sorry, I have to agree Randall El is worthless and it showed today!

chiken
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
no bobbles, no fumbles, no catching the ball behind the 5 yard line, no young guy trying to make the most of his time aka bad decisions... jeeze you guys are hard.

He's not a great return man anymore, he is just a reliable ball secure guy. We didn't need any more Risk than what we already had in our young qb...

papillon
09-12-2010, 09:37 PM
no bobbles, no fumbles, no catching the ball behind the 5 yard line, no young guy trying to make the most of his time aka bad decisions... jeeze you guys are hard.

He's not a great return man anymore, he is just a reliable ball secure guy. We didn't need any more Risk than what we already had in our young qb...

Amen to this, securing the punt and giving it to the offense is what the Steelers need. Anything more than that is gravy.

There's enough to try and overcome with Ben not even allowed in the d@mn stadium to watch, no need to add more risk by putting a young inexperienced guy back there. A young inexperienced guy at the most important position on the field is enough.

Pappy

Northern_Blitz
09-12-2010, 10:08 PM

It's good that ARE didn't fumble. BUT, his decision not to fair catch the one where he got steamrolled could have cost us the game. Thank God he held onto the pigskin.

frankthetank1
09-13-2010, 07:46 AM
at least ARE didnt catch any punts on the 2 yard line. he is fine returning punts. the return game is not a concern at all imo. the offense the next few weeks is a big concern.