PDA

View Full Version : Kemoeatu returns to practice, will start against Falcons

fordfixer
09-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Kemoeatu returns to practice, will start against Falcons
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, September 11, 2010
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 98985.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_698985.html)

Guard Chris Kemoeatu returned to practice Friday after twisting his left ankle in practice on Wednesday and sitting out Thursday's practice. He said he'll start Sunday against Atlanta at Heinz Field. "No question," Kemoeatu said. "I'll take a bunch of Advil and go to work. You don't want to miss the opener. You worked hard to run out the tunnel for the opening game."

After completing his first full week of practice as a starter, quarterback Dennis Dixon said he expects to be nervous when he makes his second NFL start. "I suspect when gametime comes around, of course, there's going to be a couple of jitters, but that's the nature of sports," Dixon said. "Once that first snap (is done), I'm just playing football after that."

During the offseason, tackle Willie Colon spoke about how members of the offensive line were unahappy the offense didn't feature more running plays in 2009. Colon is out for the season because of an Achilles injury, but Kemoeatu said he's optimistic that more running plays will be called this season. "We've got to come off the ball and we've got to run the ball like we've been talking about," Kemoeatu said. "Hopefully, we stick to that gameplan."

ESPN's "Outside the Lines" will feature a segment on Steelers chairman emeritus Dan Rooney serving as the U.S. ambassador to Ireland at 9 a.m. Sunday.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Kemoeatu returns to practice, will start against Falcons
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, September 11, 2010
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 98985.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_698985.html)

Guard Chris Kemoeatu returned to practice Friday after twisting his left ankle in practice on Wednesday and sitting out Thursday's practice. He said he'll start Sunday against Atlanta at Heinz Field. "No question," Kemoeatu said. "I'll take a bunch of Advil and go to work. You don't want to miss the opener. You worked hard to run out the tunnel for the opening game."

After completing his first full week of practice as a starter, quarterback Dennis Dixon said he expects to be nervous when he makes his second NFL start. "I suspect when gametime comes around, of course, there's going to be a couple of jitters, but that's the nature of sports," Dixon said. "Once that first snap (is done), I'm just playing football after that."

During the offseason, tackle Willie Colon spoke about how members of the offensive line were unahappy the offense didn't feature more running plays in 2009. Colon is out for the season because of an Achilles injury, but Kemoeatu said he's optimistic that more running plays will be called this season. "We've got to come off the ball and we've got to run the ball like we've been talking about," Kemoeatu said. "Hopefully, we stick to that gameplan."

ESPN's "Outside the Lines" will feature a segment on Steelers chairman emeritus Dan Rooney serving as the U.S. ambassador to Ireland at 9 a.m. Sunday.

That is news to me, very interesting to hear. I wonder how this was received by the team and the coaches?

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
O-linemen will always prefer to push forward, impose their will, and maul people in the run game than to step backward onto their heels and react to what the opposing rushers are doing in the pass game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-11-2010, 12:59 PM
O-linemen will always prefer to push forward, impose their will, and maul people in the run game than to step backward onto their heels and react to what the opposing rushers are doing in the pass game.

This I understand, but it's the actually saying it to the press that surprise me. I get the sense we're on the verge of a loose lips epidemic, unless Tomlin shuts it down hard and now.

Frankly, I don't want to hear Colon say he thinks the coaches didn't call enough running plays, or Hines say Ben let lots of people down but he's doing better now. Just shut up and play football, that would be a lot better in my book.

grotonsteel
09-11-2010, 01:45 PM

This I understand, but it's the actually saying it to the press that surprise me. I get the sense we're on the verge of a loose lips epidemic, unless Tomlin shuts it down hard and now.

Frankly, I don't want to hear Colon say he thinks the coaches didn't call enough running plays, or Hines say Ben let lots of people down but he's doing better now. Just shut up and play football, that would be a lot better in my book.

Maybe this is Tomlin's version of "Unleash Hell" :wink: I think Tomlin needs to tell players like Hines to STFU. I think Tomlin gives way too much leeway to senior players.

I think they need to stop giving these stupid interviews. Just put a Kobe Bryant scowl and clipped retort while talking to these National Enquirer reporters.

stlrz d
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Colon's comments seem pretty harmless.

bostonsteeler
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Anybody observe that the players feel far more free to comment on coaches (and fellow players too, perhaps) under Tomlin than they did under Cowher?

I think he has to strike more fear in their hearts. Regardless of how they feel, they shouldn't be airing any grumbles or feelings to the public.

stlrz d
09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Anybody observe that the players feel far more free to comment on coaches (and fellow players too, perhaps) under Tomlin than they did under Cowher?

I think he has to strike more fear in their hearts. Regardless of how they feel, they shouldn't be airing any grumbles or feelings to the public.

No.

BURGH86STEEL
09-11-2010, 07:54 PM

One problem with the Oline and TE's is that there were times that they were getting pushed back or held to a stalemate at the line of scrimmage. Especially in the red zone and short yardage situations. I think the will get more opportunities to maul people if they block better on a consistent basis.

ikestops85
09-11-2010, 11:14 PM

One problem with the Oline and TE's is that there were times that they were getting pushed back or held to a stalemate at the line of scrimmage. Especially in the red zone and short yardage situations. I think the will get more opportunities to maul people if they block better on a consistent basis.
:Clap :Clap :Clap