PDA

View Full Version : The offensive start of the game against Atlanta.

Stewie
09-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Test their manhood! Pony backfield. Redman left; Mendy right. Heath and Hines on the left side. Wallace on the right. DD rolls left hands off to Mendy going left, and continues in an arc to fake a bootleg. Starks blocks down. Kemo pulls. Heath and Redman get the DE. Kemo hits the first different jersey; Hines the second. Gain 7.

Second play, pony back field with Redman right and Mendy left. Kemo pulls right and gets the DE. Redman and Mendy take a stab step left, then Redman leads Mendythrough a hole created by a Hotel down block. Gain 8.

Third play, same set as previous. Fake to Redman off RG; look at Wallace long and dump to Mendy in right flat or run. Gain 14.

Please don't interrupt while I'm football dreaming. It's hard enough designing plays that don't require other than a stalemate at RG!!!

grotonsteel
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Steelers normally struggle to run against 4-3 D. Now i believe it should be easier to run against a 4-3 D compared to 3-4 D.

I believe Steelers will come out throwing the ball against Falcons just to surprise them.

Stewie
09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
If they put 8 in the box, Heath and Hines chould have field days. If they don't run, run run.

ikestops85
09-09-2010, 11:26 AM
If they put 8 in the box, Heath and Hines chould have field days. If they don't run, run run.

If they put 8 in the box Wallace will have a field day :Boobs

ANPSTEEL
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Test their manhood! Pony backfield. Redman left; Mendy right. Heath and Hines on the left side. Wallace on the right. DD rolls left hands off to Mendy going left, and continues in an arc to fake a bootleg. Starks blacks down. Kemo pulls. Heath and Redman get the DE. Kemo hits the first different jersey; Hines the second. Gain 7.

Second play, pony back field with Redman right and Mendy left. Kemo pulls right and gets the DE. Redman and Mendy take a stab step left, then Redman leads Mendythrough a hole created by a Hotel down block. Gain 8.

Third play, same set as previous. Fake to Redman off RG; look at Wallace long and dump to Mendy in right flat or run. Gain 14.

Please don't interrupt while I'm football dreaming. It's hard enough designing plays that don't require other than a stalemate at RG!!!

I'm completely with you on the formation/package.

Motion Mendy into the slot.

Shift into the I

Spread
Swing passes
Wheel routes
Power Dives
Play Action
Screens
Draws

Every friking option is available w/ that sub package.

If BA doesn't use it at least 30% of the time- I'll hang myself.
(I was going to say 50%- but I know that is completely unreasonable - when discussing Arians)

Crash
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
You will see one WR screen to Ward on their first series. It's a staple to keep his "streak alive" and to keep him quiet about it.

frankthetank1
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
You will see one WR screen to Ward on their first series. It's a staple to keep his "streak alive" and to keep him quiet about it.

haha man you crack me up. please dont ever change. i like how you put streak alive in quotes that is a nice touch. you must hate that play but its usually good for at least 5 yards on an early down. are you so much of a hines hater that you are not happy when he makes a good play?

Relentless7
09-09-2010, 01:47 PM

If they put 8 in the box Wallace will have a field day :Boobs

If they put 8 in the box... I'm going to significantly increase my alcoholic consumption.

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM

:lol:

I am willing to bet the farm that Arians will not routinely use 2 RB's in the backfield. :HeadBanger Count on not see that new formation.

cruzer8
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey diddle diddle, Mendy up the middle.

grotonsteel
09-09-2010, 04:16 PM
[quote="cruzer8"]Hey diddle diddle, Mendy up the middle.[/quote

Now thats funny... :D

Crash
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM

haha man you crack me up. please dont ever change. i like how you put streak alive in quotes that is a nice touch. you must hate that play but its usually good for at least 5 yards on an early down. are you so much of a hines hater that you are not happy when he makes a good play?

Nothing wrong with it, but that's why they do it. That streak means a lot to him. Just like when Ozzie Newsome lost his streak. They were getting their ass kicked and didn't even extend it and Browns fans got PO'd. So we get it done with and out of the way.

In fact, they usually do it, when Hines is lined up on the quarterback's right.

grotonsteel
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM

:lol:

I am willing to bet the farm that Arians will not routinely use 2 RB's in the backfield. :HeadBanger Count on not see that new formation.

Well i think Arians is a pretty decent OC. Problem is when he tries to be too smart.

Like he will try to Pass on 3rd and short with empty backfield. BA reasoning for this is Opp D was expecting run..Or he will try to run on all 3 downs in redzone. BA reasoning for this was Opp D was expecting us to pass.

If BA can get over that i think BA should be more than decent OC in NFL.

cruzer8
09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey diddle diddle, Mendy up the middle.[/quote

And you know it's what we'll see. :HeadBanger

You know Atlanta is going to stack the line right out of the chute. A short, quick pass to the outside right from the first play just may get their attention.

grotonsteel
09-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey diddle diddle, Mendy up the middle.[/quote

And you know it's what we'll see. :HeadBanger

You know Atlanta is going to stack the line right out of the chute. A short, quick pass to the outside right from the first play just may get their attention.

Unfortunately that's what gonna happen.

First Offensive Series against Atlanta:

1st - 10: 2 yards up the middle
2nd - 8: -1 yard. Atlanta D-Line met Mendy in the backfield
3rd - 9: Incomplete pass or short pass for 4 yards.

Punt

feltdizz
09-09-2010, 05:58 PM
wow... great fans we have here. LOL!!!

Dixon leads us down the field with short passes and scrambles to extend the drive and Mend takes it in on a delayed hand off.

:tt2

Crash
09-12-2010, 01:12 PM
You will see one WR screen to Ward on their first series

That would be the fourth play of our season boys, Ward WR screen to the right, as expected.

Read and learn.

Stewie
09-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Test their manhood! Pony backfield. Redman left; Mendy right. Heath and Hines on the left side. Wallace on the right. DD rolls left hands off to Mendy going left, and continues in an arc to fake a bootleg. Starks blacks down. Kemo pulls. Heath and Redman get the DE. Kemo hits the first different jersey; Hines the second. Gain 7.

I'm completely with you on the formation/package.

Motion Mendy into the slot.

Shift into the I

Spread
Swing passes
Wheel routes
Power Dives
Play Action
Screens
Draws

Every friking option is available w/ that sub package.

If BA doesn't use it at least 30% of the time- I'll hang myself.
(I was going to say 50%- but I know that is completely unreasonable - when discussing Arians)

Well it wasn't 30%, but stick around. I have it on good authority that your 8th grade classmate is trying to hook up with you...the one with the glasses and braces.