PDA

View Full Version : Cancel The Season & Give the SB Trophy to the Ravens...

Steel Life
09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5528592

Let the crowing (yes, pun intended) begin for the paper champions...

Solid defense, anchored by a future Hall of Fame linebacker.
Check.

Elite starting quarterback, according to John Clayton's QB rankings.

Check.

Two veteran star wideouts (T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin) added to an offense that includes one of the NFL's top young RBs (Ray Rice) and averaged 24.3 points and ranked 13th in the league in 2009.

Check, check and check.

So what's not to like about the Baltimore Ravens, who last appeared in a Super Bowl 10 seasons ago? (Overlook those small issues with the secondary please.)

With eight votes, the Ravens are slightly favored by our 25-person Pigskin Panel to win it all in Arlington, Texas, on Feb. 6, 2011. The Indianapolis Colts, with seven votes, came in second and the Green Bay Packers, with five votes, finished third. With one vote, the defending champion New Orleans Saints didn't get much love.

To quote Doc Holiday in "Tombstone"..."there's just something about him...something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Jooser
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM

Check.

Check.

Two veteran star wideouts (T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Anquan Boldin) added to an offense that includes one of the NFL's top young RBs (Ray Rice) and averaged 24.3 points and ranked 13th in the league in 2009.

Check, check and check.

So what's not to like about the Baltimore Ravens, who last appeared in a Super Bowl 10 seasons ago? (Overlook those small issues with the secondary please.)

With eight votes, the Ravens are slightly favored by our 25-person Pigskin Panel to win it all in Arlington, Texas, on Feb. 6, 2011. The Indianapolis Colts, with seven votes, came in second and the Green Bay Packers, with five votes, finished third. With one vote, the defending champion New Orleans Saints didn't get much love.

To quote Doc Holiday in "Tombstone"..."there's just something about him...something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Quoth Woodley, "Why Joe Flacco, you look like someone just walked over your grave." 8)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/sicover_122208_steelers-1.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/docholiday.jpg

fordfixer
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Darn it seemed as if the season was just about to start and now it's over already :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

PlayForBlood
09-08-2010, 08:32 PM
This is my kind of thread

I'm your huckleberry

Djfan
09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
One of the greatest movies of all time.

I look forward to the Ratbirds D getting exposed this year.

skyhawk
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM

Check.

Solid defense, anchored by a future Hall of Fame S.
Check.

Check.

Elite starting QB, according to two rings on his finger.

Check.

Two veteran star receivers, one of which will be a Hall of Famer, the other being Heath Miller, and another who led the league in YPC and YAC (??). One of the top young RB's in the league (Mendenhall) and averaged 23 points and ranked 12th in the league (NFL.com)

Check, check, and check.

Check, check and check.

So what's not to like about the Pittsburgh Steelers, who last appearned in the Super Bowl 19 MONTHS ago? (overlook those small issues with the OL please

Quoth Woodley, "Why Joe Flacco, you look like someone just walked over your grave." 8)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/sicover_122208_steelers-1.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/docholiday.jpg

costanza2k1
09-08-2010, 09:38 PM
This is my kind of thread

I'm your huckleberry

Classic quote...I said this for years before I even knew what the heck it meant...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Great movie. Great quotes so far. Forgot some.

"Maybe poker just isn't your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

"You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all."

"No. Not me. I'm in my prime."

"Nonsense,I have not yet begun to defile myself."

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"

"It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear."

"Poor soul, you were just too high strung."

"You're a daisy if you do."

"Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist."

"That's what I love about Wyatt. He can talk himself into anything."

"Oh... Johnny, I apologize, I forgot you were there... You may go now."

"There is no normal life Wyatt, There's just life."

"And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?"

"It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut."

"That's the Rumor."

"Evidently, Mr. Ringo is an educated man...Now I really hate him!"

"Say when!"

Doc's Latin:

"In Vino Veritas." In wine is truth / When I'm drinking, I speak my mind.

"Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego." The Jew Apella may believe it, not I / Meaning, Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best.

"In Pace Requiescat." Rest In Peace / It's Your Funeral!

Two of my favorite scenes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEIkXMfL1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluJswluQWc

Some of my favorites you missed.

"I've got two guns... One for each of ya!"

"Make no mistake, It's not revenge he's after....It's a reckoning."

Oviedo
09-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Heard the same thing about the Browns several years ago. How'd that work out?

Flacco is a game manager and is way overrated. The defense will take a step back this season. I think they will be neck and neck with the Steelers even with Goodell spotting them a 4 game advantage.

Steelskin
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Too bad Ray Lewis physically retired a year ago.

Too bad Ed Reed got put on PUP making an atrocious secondary worse.

Too bad the Ravens haven't a single deep threat.

This team is hardly flawless, and while it may threaten for the division title, does anyone here really believe they're a lock? I don't see how they're a superior football team to the Steelers, or even the Bengals.

These polls are never accurate and we all know that, so I'm probably wasting my time with this, but don't get caught up in the Ravens-superiority mumbo-jumbo. It's just not true.

Oviedo
09-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Too bad Ray Lewis physically retired a year ago.

Too bad Ed Reed got put on PUP making an atrocious secondary worse.

Too bad the Ravens haven't a single deep threat.

This team is hardly flawless, and while it may threaten for the division title, does anyone here really believe they're a lock? I don't see how they're a superior football team to the Steelers, or even the Bengals.

These polls are never accurate and we all know that, so I'm probably wasting my time with this, but don't get caught up in the Ravens-superiority mumbo-jumbo. It's just not true.

Of course they are a lock because they have three WRs in Whose your mama, Boldin and Mason. Therefore ESPN is falling all over themselves hoping they can be a reliable source of highlight clips for the Sports McNuggets broadcasts.

Slapstick
09-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Great movie. Great quotes so far. Forgot some.

"Maybe poker just isn't your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

"You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all."

"No. Not me. I'm in my prime."

"Nonsense,I have not yet begun to defile myself."

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"

"It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear."

"Poor soul, you were just too high strung."

"You're a daisy if you do."

"Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist."

"That's what I love about Wyatt. He can talk himself into anything."

"Oh... Johnny, I apologize, I forgot you were there... You may go now."

"There is no normal life Wyatt, There's just life."

"And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?"

"It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut."

"That's the Rumor."

"Evidently, Mr. Ringo is an educated man...Now I really hate him!"

"Say when!"

Doc's Latin:

"In Vino Veritas." In wine is truth / When I'm drinking, I speak my mind.

"Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego." The Jew Apella may believe it, not I / Meaning, Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best.

"In Pace Requiescat." Rest In Peace / It's Your Funeral!

Two of my favorite scenes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEIkXMfL1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluJswluQWc

Some of my favorites you missed.

"I've got two guns... One for each of ya!"

"Make no mistake, It's not revenge he's after....It's a reckoning."

My favorite:

"Why, Kate! You're not wearin' a bustle! How lewd..."

frankthetank1
09-09-2010, 10:27 AM
the ravens will be good but not as good as everyone thinks they will be. their secondary is shot already not to mention ray lewis is ancient. the jets will also have a dissapointing season i think. i hate it when people pick the steelers so i have a good feeling about this season in spite of everything that has happened. btw i cant believe the steelers are getting 2 points at home!! i might be placing a decent size bet this weekend. the steelers always play well opening day.

SteelTorch
09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
The article lost all credibility when it called Flacco "elite". :lol:

:ratsuck

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
the ravens will be good but not as good as everyone thinks they will be. their secondary is shot already not to mention ray lewis is ancient. the jets will also have a dissapointing season i think. i hate it when people pick the steelers so i have a good feeling about this season in spite of everything that has happened. btw i cant believe the steelers are getting 2 points at home!! i might be placing a decent size bet this weekend. the steelers always play well opening day.

Not in the Cowher days. Tomlin prolly a little better.

cruzer8
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM

Not in the Cowher days. Tomlin prolly a little better.

I believe the Steelers are on a 7 game winning streak for home openers.

Sunday will be 8! :tt2

JTP53609
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
well I hate the ravens too, BUT they were aggresive with some big signings, they have a questionable secondary, but as of now I think they may have the toughest team in the AFC, so what why are all the yinzers so upset that people are picking them, who cares whow picks who, the play on the field.............2 years ago the experts had the jaguars and cowboys in the super bowl and both those teams did not make the playoffs, so apparently these "experts" have been wrong before..

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 04:05 PM
well I hate the ravens too, BUT they were aggresive with some big signings, they have a questionable secondary, but as of now I think they may have the toughest team in the AFC, so what why are all the yinzers so upset that people are picking them, who cares whow picks who, the play on the field.............2 years ago the experts had the jaguars and cowboys in the super bowl and both those teams did not make the playoffs, so apparently these "experts" have been wrong before..

:Agree

Slapstick
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't really care...I'm neither impressed with the Ravens nor their "big signings"...

cruzer8
09-09-2010, 04:09 PM

That would be a factor only if it was a proven way to succeed.

JTP53609
09-09-2010, 05:55 PM

That would be a factor only if it was a proven way to succeed.

Well I guess most fans want the Steelers to be the pick from most "experts" and last year we were but things did not turn out so well, my point is it does not matter, who cares,
I do however, admit that I get pissed with the constant lovefest of the cowboys.. That does get on my nerves, they have done nothing more than have a plastic faced owner, signed crack heads and build a stadium that is soley built to impress people. The tampa bay bucs have 5 times as many playoff wins then them in the last 15 years. So yea, I guess the cowboys are my number one hated team but as far as the ravens or anyone else, yea I hate them but ehhh whatever