PDA

View Full Version : Upset about first steelers game

Mendy34
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
The first game will not be shown on tv where i live in PA instead fox will broadcast the giants game what a dissappointment.

phillyesq
09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Over the past few seasons, we've been rather spoiled. In 2008, I got every Steelers game on tv; last year, I also got a solid majority.

Especially if the Steelers get off to a rough start this year, it may mean more games that aren't televised. Bad for my liver. Good for my favorite bar.

AngryAsian
09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
As part of your board membership here at PlanetSteelers.com, you are entitled to free counseling by one of our board counselors/moderator extraordinaires... Ruthlessburgher and/or Fordfixer. They can be reached via PM 24/7 and are even willing to go into the chatroom with you so that your healing can begin. :P Remember.... membership has its privileges.

Shawn
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Ill be on the road...going to a fellowship interview down in Georgia. When they said, interview in the 13th I was like oh no...Ill have to travel on game day. :shock:

steelsnis
09-08-2010, 03:16 PM
What part of PA are you in? We are scheduled to get the game on FOX here in Carlisle since the Eagles aren't on until 4.

Oviedo
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Why leave it to chance? DirectTv shall show you the path to redemption.

BURGH86STEEL
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
http://the506.com/sports/?cat=14

Here is the TV distribution map in case anyone is interested. It's been reliable and accurate. I live in the Philly market so they will have the Giant's game on for obvious reasons. Will have to venture out to watch the game.

SteelAbility
09-08-2010, 05:00 PM
As part of your board membership here at PlanetSteelers.com, you are entitled to free counseling by one of our board counselors/moderator extraordinaires... Ruthlessburgher and/or Fordfixer. They can be reached via PM 24/7 and are even willing to go into the chatroom with you so that your healing can begin. :P Remember.... membership has its privileges.

Team Cathartic has apparently united! :P

Mendy34
09-08-2010, 05:01 PM
What part of PA are you in? We are scheduled to get the game on FOX here in Carlisle since the Eagles aren't on until 4.

Central PA an hour north of Harrisburg. I checked the schedule and I get Giants vs. Panthers

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2010, 01:52 AM

Screw that...I'll be at the Falcons-Steelers game. The only counseling I'll be doing during gametime is for poor Falcon fans who made the unwise decision to come to Pittsburgh and watch their team get beat down in the season opener.

:tt2 :tt1

D Rock
09-09-2010, 06:37 AM
my dad said the preseason games had a live feed going on dve.com

I'm not sure if it was just audio or if it was video as well, but it could be worth checking out.

rpmpit
09-09-2010, 06:40 AM

Screw that...I'll be at the Falcons-Steelers game. The only counseling I'll be doing during gametime is for the poor Falcon fan who made the unwise decision to come to Pittsburgh and watch their team get beat down in the season opener.

:tt2 :tt1

Fixed that for ya! :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

rpmpit
09-09-2010, 06:41 AM
BTW, this is my first year with Direct TV. Don't mean to rub it in, but I'm extremely excited :tt1

Lebsteel
09-09-2010, 07:07 AM

Central PA an hour north of Harrisburg. I checked the schedule and I get Giants vs. Panthers
Mendy, I grew up an hour north of Harrisburg, in Bloomsburg. You ever been to the "great" Bloomsburg Fair?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-09-2010, 08:42 AM
DTV will have the NFL ticket free week 1. I confirmed this last night. I live west of Wilkes Barre and the Steelers are my regional team. When they play an NFC team at home, they are only on Fox if the Eagles are playing at another time. For some reason, this year is different. The Eagles are on at 4:00 and Fox has the double header but my local station is showing the Giants. I hope they didn't change anything because I canceled the ticket. I don't see the point of paying $300 for at most 2 games. This year, I wasn't supposed to miss any using the old programming rules.

Lebsteel
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
DTV will have the NFL ticket free week 1. I confirmed this last night. I live west of Wilkes Barre and the Steelers are my regional team. When they play an NFC team at home, they are only on Fox if the Eagles are playing at another time. For some reason, this year is different. The Eagles are on at 4:00 and Fox has the double header but my local station is showing the Giants. I hope they didn't change anything because I canceled the ticket. I don't see the point of paying $300 for at most 2 games. This year, I wasn't supposed to miss any using the old programming rules.
Nasty, have you ever hiked the falls at Rickett's Glen? Been to Lake Jean? Ahhh....I guess I am missing my NE PA roots this morning?

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
my dad said the preseason games had a live feed going on dve.com

I'm not sure if it was just audio or if it was video as well, but it could be worth checking out.

Just the audio link, and from my experience, it is very unreliable during the regular season. You can check out some of the online video streaming links, but they tend ot be rather unreliable s well.

http://www.justin.tv
http://www.channelsurfing.net
http://www.atdhe.net

just to name a few

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Nasty, have you ever hiked the falls at Rickett's Glen? Been to Lake Jean? Ahhh....I guess I am missing my NE PA roots this morning?

I live in Clarks Summit. I have been to the Bloomsburg Fair (my wife's business, Keen's Floral, used to have a shop in Bloomsburg, but now it is just in Scranton), I have hiked the falls at Rickett's Glen (it's been a few years, though), but I have never been to Lake Jean. Where is that?

Lebsteel
09-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Lake Jean is on top of the mountain in Ricketts Glen State Park. It is just off St Rt 487. I have a lot of great memories of hiking in that area and the Eagles Mere/Laporte area as a kid.

We are coming back to Bloomsburg in a few weeks for our 30th HS reunion. Wow!! Hard for me to believe. We'll probably stop by the Fair and have a funnel cake and Kohrs orange drink for old time's sake.

Dee Dub
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
The first game will not be shown on tv where i live in PA instead fox will broadcast the giants game what a dissappointment.

Uhhhhhhhh ya might want to get with the times. I mean if you are a true Steeler fan. Pony up and get yourself DirecTV NFL package. Absolutely no excuse to ever be with out a Steeler game.

Mendy34
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Mendy, I grew up an hour north of Harrisburg, in Bloomsburg. You ever been to the "great" Bloomsburg Fair?

Yes I have been to the bloomsburg fair and plan on attending it this year

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I hate when games are on FOX. They have a clear bias towards NFC teams. And this game will be no different.

calmkiller
09-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Why leave it to chance? DirectTv shall show you the path to redemption.

Yup. Best thing ever. Live in West Virginia, Redskins territory. Its horrible. We get Ravens and Skins games. Direct TV is a life saver.

bburgh17
09-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I got this reply from FOX. Total BS. I hardly ever see Giants fans in my area. Her email is included if anyone wants to rant at her.

Hi Frank-
Thanks for your email. Based on our knowledge of our viewing area, we
have a larger concentration of Giants fans as opposed to Steeler fans.
This has a huge part in our decision to keep Fox and the NFL's choice for
us of the Panthers/Giants for this coming weekend. While I understand
your disappointment regarding this decision, our decisions have to be made
with concern for maximum impact across the entirety of our viewing area.

Thanks again for your email and have a great day!

Melissa Schwartz | Program Coordinator
WOLF | WSWB | WQMY
(P) 570.970.5613 | (F) 570.970.5601
mschwartz@fox56.com

m-wilhelm
09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
I used to have Sunday Ticket but it was too expensive when I only needed it to watch 2 maybe 3 games that weren't on local. This year doesn't look good and I'm thinking about NFL rewind for $50, much better than $300 for DTV.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform

fordfixer
09-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I got this reply from FOX. Total BS. I hardly ever see Giants fans in my area. Her email is included if anyone wants to rant at her.

Hi Frank-
Thanks for your email. Based on our knowledge of our viewing area, we
have a larger concentration of Giants fans as opposed to Steeler fans.
This has a huge part in our decision to keep Fox and the NFL's choice for
us of the Panthers/Giants for this coming weekend. While I understand
your disappointment regarding this decision, our decisions have to be made
with concern for maximum impact across the entirety of our viewing area.

Thanks again for your email and have a great day!

Melissa Schwartz | Program Coordinator
WOLF | WSWB | WQMY
(P) 570.970.5613 | (F) 570.970.5601
mschwartz@fox56.com

Welcome to the Planet :tt1 If you can't watch the game check out our game day chat/ (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/chat/) It's just like being at the game only different :?

bburgh17
09-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks I may do that

bburgh17
09-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks I may do that

grotonsteel
09-11-2010, 01:52 PM
PS Chat is fun....best place to hang during the game......

Nice place to vent... :wink: :twisted:

1st and Goal--
09-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I hate when games are on FOX. They have a clear bias towards NFC teams. And this game will be no different.

You said it. I was wondering when someone would mention this. Although this one could be tolerable. Stockton is a pro and is objective. Nonetheless, they are still the NFC outlet and all the incidental stuff will be slanted that way.

Oh well, I'll set the VCR and go watch the game in some nice real noisy Steeler Bar. Heck, frequently at home I turn the sound down. It doen't matter who the network or the broadcasters are, I mean when you're at the game live you don't get all this commentary. Anyway, who wants to hear at some critical moment, "He hasn't fumbled since Abe Lincoln ran for governor of Illinois[did he] or better yet "He hasn't been intercepted in 7,962 attempts etc." Wishful thinking perhaps? LOL

The Deerslayer
09-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Mendy34- This site seems to be working.
I have my fingers crossed.

Mendy34
09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Mendy34- This site seems to be working.
I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks!