PDA

View Full Version : Attention Directv subscribers

costanza2k1
09-08-2010, 11:26 AM
DTV is offering a free preview of the NFL package this weekend.

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Long time ST enjoyer, but been gone for the past two seasons. I saw that they rolled superfan and Red Zone channel into the regular package this year for no additional cost. That sucks for me, who can't get it anymore, but great for yinz who get it.

SteelBucks
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
DTV is offering a free preview of the NFL package this weekend.

A free preview!? I want 1/17th of my payments back!

Those who are going to see it for the first time will love it. I've been a ST subscriber for 12 years and it's well worth the price.

RussBII
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM
First year I've ever had it... I'm jazzed to say the least...

Relentless7
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM

Same here. I can't wait to see the RedZone Channel. Friends have told me it will change my life. (or at least my life as it pertains to watching football)

Crash
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm glad when we play prime time. Nothing a game of your choice. :)

I still remember when NFL football was free on C-band. LOL

proudpittsburgher
09-08-2010, 04:41 PM

Same here. I can't wait to see the RedZone Channel. Friends have told me it will change my life. (or at least my life as it pertains to watching football)

It is great when the Steelers aren't playing, but I certainly wouldn;t want to watch RZC all day and just wait for the Steelers scores.

RussBII
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM

It is great when the Steelers aren't playing, but I certainly wouldn;t want to watch RZC all day and just wait for the Steelers scores.

I'm worried about the RZ channel. I've heard its great, but I really love to watch an entire game, and watch the ebb and flow. With Fantasy Football on its continual rise, I worry about folks never ever watching a whole game. Eventually that'll change the game somehow...

That being said, I'm sure I'll effing love it.

The only real question is what to throw on the grill that I can cook during halftime...

SteelerNation1
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
THE RZC is fantastic when the Steelers play on Sunday Night or Monday Night, but it is pretty worthless if the play at 1. That said, I'll be in front of the TV from noon until midnight watching football.

fordfixer
09-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Link?

AngryAsian
09-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Next year I'll be able to subscribe to DTV. My condo beachside will not let us have it at this time. The Mrs. and I are buying a second house.... so I'll be able to do whatever the f*ck I want. But in the interim, there's this awesome pub/fish shack on the beach, 200 yards from my front door, over looking the ocean with all the games.... the thing that sucks about that is that your butt is hugging a barstool for at least 8 hours.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I have been a DTV guy for over 12 years. I have been getting the package ever since the beginning. I stopped it 2 years ago because of the cost. It went from $99 when I started into the $300s. I really only need it for at most 2 Steelers games a year. When they play an NFC team at home & Fox has coverage. I still can get the game if the Eagles are not playing at the same time. Last year I got it for free when I moved my service into my new home. I canceled it this year and they tried to give it to me for $149 but I turned it down because "I thought" the only game I needed it for was the Atlanta game. Using past programming, the Steelers should have been on at 1:00 & Eagles at 4:00 because Fox has the double header. I checked DTV on my local and it is showing the Giants game at 1:00.

SO....Thank you for posting this! I actually called DTV last to confirm and they said yes it will be free week 1. I was starting to make plans elsewhere but the party is back on!

On another note. If you are thinking about buying it wait for Sunday!!!! Shhh...They are running a special. I'm pretty good at talking to people, especially they other gender, and while wheelin & dealin to get the price they offered me when I canceled, she told me about the special. Hopefully it helps someone. And if it is less than what the current subscribers paid...Make a stink!!! Tell them you want to turn it off week 2 and credit your payments if this happens. Hey...It may be the price of a couple cases of Beer or a bottle...You might need it through the first 4 games!!!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Next year I'll be able to subscribe to DTV. My condo beachside will not let us have it at this time. The Mrs. and I are buying a second house.... so I'll be able to do whatever the f*ck I want. But in the interim, there's this awesome pub/fish shack on the beach, 200 yards from my front door, over looking the ocean with all the games.... the thing that sucks about that is that your butt is hugging a barstool for at least 8 hours.

Condo Beachside...Hmm!

I will hold the dish and bring me HD receiver to be invited to that party AA!!! :wink:

That sucks. If you were a subscriber, I would find a way to set it up for games while you were at the beach. I did it all the time when we go camping/cabin before I got HD. I haven't done it with the new HD receivers but I assume they work the same and are not anymore difficult to set up.