PDA

View Full Version : How many games

Stewie
09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
before Foster replaces Essex??? If I was coaching it would be 0. But do they listen to me??? :cry:

Oviedo
09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Not sure it happens. From what we hear and saw during the preseason Foster may have been a better rookie than 2nd year player. He seemed to be getting third team reps. I thought Urbik performed better in the games than Foster but I don't see what the coaches see.

phillyesq
09-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't think that Foster replaces Essex simply for the sake of continuity. Essex is a returning veteran between a rookie and a new OT. I think he keeps his job because of his ability to help Adams and Pouncey with the calls, and for the sake of continuity.

Foster doesn't impress me as all. I see his potential upside as Trai Essex. His biggest selling point is his versatility.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
09-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm just hoping Foster got off to a slow start. The Foster who ended the year last year should have taken the job in camp. I understand having him in their with Adams has helped the progress of Adams. I feel we will hear stories of Foster and/or Legursky sharing snaps with Essex when Adams is comfortable at RT. The one player I feel who still might surprise id C Scott when he is healthy. I don't think the RG spot is settled and Essex will have to compete to keep it throughout the season.