PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 1.5 point underdogs this weekend

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-07-2010, 10:18 PM
EXCELLENT!!! :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.onlinesportshandicapping.com ... -odds.html (http://www.onlinesportshandicapping.com/news-9/football-picks/072110-falcons-vs-steelers-2010-nfl-week-1-odds.html)

September 07, 2010
Falcons vs Steelers 2010 NFL Week 1 Odds
PigskinGenius Football Handicapper

michael turner

Falcons vs. Steelers 2010 NFL Week 1 Odds: In a good non-conference opening week match-up the Pittsburgh Steelers will host the Atlanta Falcons at 1 PM ET. Pittsburgh has a a tumulus off-season but have many of the core players that helped them win a Superbowl just two years ago. The Falcons have been the trendy pick to knock off the New Orleans Saints as NFC South Champs and boast a roster full of bubbling young talent. Below is a winning free sports picks play from our NFL predictions staff to burn the bookies.

The 2010 NFL Week 1 Odds Atlanta Falcons vs. Pittsburgh Steelers have Atlanta at -1.5 on the NFL point spread at SBGGLOBAL.COM.

NFL Picks Analysis: The Steelers are going to be reeling from the absence of QB Ben Roethlisberger and WR Santonio Holmes in the passing game. Atlanta has become an improved team over the course of the postseason with upgrades to the defense. The Steelers will be forced to try and pound the ball on offense behind a shaky O-line with Roethlisberger out. The Falcons run defense is solid with a ball hawking set of linebackers that punish running backs. Pittsburgh’s passing game will be below-average with immobile QB Byron Leftwich and a modest set of receivers and the Falcons will be able to load up against the run.

The Falcons offense should be able to keep Pittsburgh’s rabid pass-rush in check with a healthy Michael Turner able to pound the ball between the tackles. The All-Pro RB Turner’s runs will set up the play-action for ever improving QB Matt Ryan. Ryan has a nice crop of wideouts that should be able to expose the Steelers covermen on the perimeter. The 2010 NFL Week 1 Odds TOTAL is at 38.5 points.

The Steelers are the more ill-equipped team to come from behind if Leftwich has throw his way back into a game behind a line that can’t pass protect. The Falcons have an edge on special teams and their coaching staff can match wits with the Steelers cerebral staff. Play the Falcons to cover as short road favorites.

NFL Predictions Play: Atlanta Falcons -1.5 NFL Betting Odds

Iron Shiek
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Its been coming down...public money must be coming heavy on Steelers at home. Because I swear earlier last week it was like Steelers +3...I would take the +1.5 anyway, but +3 woulda been even better.

Sugar
09-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure what to expect this weekend. I'd obviously love for us to win, but I really don't expect to. Heck, the only team I expect us to beat in the first four is TB. Anything else is icing on the cake to me.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Forinoh, baby!!

Discipline of Steel
09-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I dont see how we can win with the immobile Leftwich at the helm. Plus they have us beat in every other aspect of the game. Sounds like Vegas trying to convince everyone to bet Atlanta...

Snatch98
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Why are people talking about Leftwich? Unless I'm missing something and he's now starting week one. It's Dixon under center.