PDA

View Full Version : How Quickly People Forget!

SteelHoss
09-05-2010, 12:07 PM
With all of those perfect people and headline seeking media reps calling for Big Ben's head I was pleasantly surprised to find the following article on my Facebook page this morning on BB, Rookie QB and his Cristian faith...

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=20080

Let the Doubters Beware!

Crash
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
And remember, the NFL actually fined Ben, and told him to remove the "PFJ" sig he had on his uniform.

Lebsteel
09-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I pray for Ben the man, not necessarily Ben the QB, that he does turn back to his Faith and live a life that is more compatible with his Christian beliefs. I've been there, probably we all have, and I hope this is the time that Ben matures and becomes the man that he wants (we want) him to be.

sd steel
09-05-2010, 12:48 PM
You should probably change the title of this post to

"How Quickly Ben Forgot!"

Just sayin..

siss
09-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I pray for Ben the man, not necessarily Ben the QB, that he does turn back to his Faith and live a life that is more compatible with his Christian beliefs. I've been there, probably we all have, and I hope this is the time that Ben matures and becomes the man that he wants (we want) him to be.
When this took place I said to a friend that Ben had gotten away from his faith and this would what brings him back to it. I liked the guy that played for Jesus...not this other jerk. If this brings him back to the church then I say he will be better for it. And the Steelers will be better for it because they dont have to worry about their QB in the offseason.

SteelHoss
09-05-2010, 02:27 PM
When this took place I said to a friend that Ben had gotten away from his faith and this would what brings him back to it. I liked the guy that played for Jesus...not this other jerk. If this brings him back to the church then I say he will be better for it. And the Steelers will be better for it because they dont have to worry about their QB in the offseason.

:Agree :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Djfan
09-05-2010, 05:01 PM
:Agree

BradshawsHairdresser
09-05-2010, 09:00 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 97360.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697360.html)

siss
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I love this quote.
It's a calming feeling when the Lord runs your life. And it's something I've always known as a church person, but I've never really believed it. I think I've known it but never believed it. And now I know it, and it's a great thing.

sd steel
09-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I love this quote.
It's a calming feeling when the Lord runs your life. And it's something I've always known as a church person, but I've never really believed it. I think I've known it but never believed it. And now I know it, and it's a great thing.

What??? Well does he believe it now?? I knew it before but he didn't believe it, and he knows it now, but.....and it's a great thing?

Church person? Oh, I get it a person who goes to church.

You are right, what's not to love about this quote? :shock:

Crash
09-06-2010, 01:37 AM
I love this quote.

What??? Well does he believe it now?? I knew it before but he didn't believe it, and he knows it now, but.....and it's a great thing?

"I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before ... my whole life was out of control ... I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."

-Terry Bradshaw

feltdizz
09-06-2010, 09:32 AM
What does Terry have to do with this?

SteelHoss
09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I love this quote.

You don't have to attend church to have a strong faith! Speaking for myself I am not a frequent church goer. That said, as inconsequential as it may be to you some of us will hold you in our prayers. :D

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Perhaps he couldn't find a negative Hines Ward quote to use, so he went Bradshaw this time.

costanza2k1
09-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm happy that he found his faith again and hope that it gives him the proper direction he needs to be a good man. Too often people screw up mightily and then use some form of religion to try to win people back only to screw up again. I doubt this is the case with Ben as his situation and results seem genuine.

Crash
09-06-2010, 02:14 PM

Follow along, sd here defends Bradshaw ripping Ben for his behavior but like Bradshaw, sd here won't bash Terry for his.

It's called people in glass houses.

RuthlessBurgher
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm happy that he found his faith again and hope that it gives him the proper direction he needs to be a good man. Too often people screw up mightily and then use some form of religion to try to win people back only to screw up again. I doubt this is the case with Ben as his situation and results seem genuine.

C'mon...say it...you know you want to...Ben shoulda become a Sikh. :wink:

siss
09-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Ben was raised in religious home. It is not uncommon to go back to what you know when you stray from how you were raised. It does not surprise me in the least bit that he went back to church, started reading his bible again and all that jazz. Lets hope that its for real.

Djfan
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
The Christian faith is by it's nature, a faith for those who have failed, not for those who think that they have it together.

Ben realized that he failed. He is reaching for the faith he knows to help people like him.

Good for him. I hope it's legit, and not a Deon Sanders or Michael Vick faith.

sd steel
09-06-2010, 07:08 PM

Follow along, sd here defends Bradshaw ripping Ben for his behavior but like Bradshaw, sd here won't bash Terry for his.

It's called people in glass houses.

Terry is not news, Ben is. Anyone who claims to have refound religion after falling from grace in the public spotlight is only seeking positive PR. IMO

People who all the sudden claim to have found their faith again after getting in trouble probably didn't really have that much faith to begin with. PFJ = BFD.

Crash
09-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone who claims to have refound religion after falling from grace in the public spotlight is only seeking positive PR. IMO

Like Terry claimed after his first divorce and a poor 1973 season?

Djfan
09-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Anyone who says that everyone who finds faith after failure is just seeking something besides the faith, doesn't understand the human experience.

Some do.

Did Ben?

Can't tell you. Watch and see.

sd steel
09-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Anyone who claims to have refound religion after falling from grace in the public spotlight is only seeking positive PR. IMO

Like Terry claimed after his first divorce and a poor 1973 season?

I think I already said that I think Terry is a nut. But I like him because he won 4 Super Bowls for the Steelers and wasn't accused of rape or sexual assault.

sd steel
09-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Anyone who says that everyone who finds faith after failure is just seeking something besides the faith, doesn't understand the human experience.

Some do.

Did Ben?

I didn't say everyone, I said Ben, after being caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I would also guess that being that I am human I would understand the "human experience" a little. I am also smart enough to see when someone is trying to change public perception. If he is really finding his faith again, why does he need to tell everyone? Just do it and shut up, unless he needs you to know for some reason. It would seem like a personal experience to me, not something I would need to run to the paper and talk about.

Crash
09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Caught with what? He wasn't charged, tried, or convicted.

Accusations mean nothing. When one takes the time to read both cases, they realize how FOS both accuser's are.

Djfan
09-06-2010, 08:31 PM

Some do.

Did Ben?

I didn't say everyone, I said Ben, after being caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I would also guess that being that I am human I would understand the "human experience" a little. I am also smart enough to see when someone is trying to change public perception. If he is really finding his faith again, why does he need to tell everyone? Just do it and shut up, unless he needs you to know for some reason. It would seem like a personal experience to me, not something I would need to run to the paper and talk about.

You would say nothing. Fair enough. He said a little, not much. No problems.

The real issue is will he keep his nose clean enough for Dipwad Goodell, will he bring home the 7th, is his faith legit.....

We all have questions. It's just a discussion on my part, brother. If you took offense, I apologize. I wasn't going after you. Just bringing up a point, because the nay-sayers seem to come out of the woodwork when a person tries to have faith right after a stupid stunt.

Lebsteel
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
The Christian Faith is an evangelical faith where we are supposed to tell others the Good News! There are many ways to tell or "witness" to others and I have always believed the best way to do that is by our actions. Part of that Good News is that WE ALL do stupid things, BUT, we believe God forgives us (grace) if we ask for that forgiveness. Ben is doing what he is supposed to do by telling others about it. He is giving hope to others who may feel that they have messed up so badly that there is no hope for them.

It is incredibly simple and we as humans can do nothing to EARN that grace. No man knows Ben's heart and whether or not he is sincere. Let's hope he is, because if he is, he will have radically changed his life.

Shawn
09-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Well said Leb.

NJ-STEELER
09-06-2010, 10:33 PM
yeah
none of the media is going after him asking questions.

he's seeking them out telling them he has found the lord again.

Are you serious?

Lebsteel
09-06-2010, 10:39 PM
yeah

Are you serious?
Yep, I hope he is. It's easy to be skeptical. Like I said only Ben and the Lord know Ben's heart.

Shawn
09-06-2010, 10:40 PM

Some do.

Did Ben?

$$$

I think you nailed it. Faith is a growth thing. It evolves....the person evolves. Christians are just human beings who struggle with their faith for seasons. They stumble, they fall and some are the better for it. I hope Ben is in this group.

NJ-STEELER
09-07-2010, 01:00 AM
yeah

Are you serious?
Yep, I hope he is. It's easy to be skeptical. Like I said only Ben and the Lord know Ben's heart.

that wasn't towards you Leb, it was to the person thats questioning Ben "going out and telling everyone" about him finding religion again

Lebsteel
09-07-2010, 09:28 AM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":12k6p2vp]yeah

Are you serious?

that wasn't towards you Leb, it was to the person thats questioning Ben "going out and telling everyone" about him finding religion again[/quote:12k6p2vp]
Oh, OK, thanks! :tt1